ARRAY(0xacac266c)

Profile for kellymel > Reviews

Content by kellymel

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

"kellymel"

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Devil's Teardrop
The Devil's Teardrop
by Jeffery Deaver
Price: CDN$ 9.99
72 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Read but not as great as Bone Collector, May 2 2000
I loved this book in it's detail about forensics when it came to documents. Mr. Deaver has a talent at fooling the reader to provide a good twist! Looking forward to the "Empty Chair"!

The Bone Collector: The First Lincoln Rhyme Novel
The Bone Collector: The First Lincoln Rhyme Novel
by Jeffery Deaver
Price: CDN$ 10.35
97 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Gripping, April 17 2000
When a movie trailer captures my attention, I will usually get the book and read it first. I'm glad I did this as the movie did have some deviations from the novel. Good read, great detail about the investigation!

Red Dragon
Red Dragon
by Thomas Harris
Price: CDN$ 10.79
159 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Scared the wits out of Me!, April 12 2000
This review is from: Red Dragon (Mass Market Paperback)
Just the way he picked his victims is enough to make your skin crawl. As usual Harris takes you into the mind of the killer whether you like it or not....you can't put it down!

The Chisellers
The Chisellers
by Brendan O'Carroll
Price: CDN$ 11.19
83 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great chapter, April 12 2000
This review is from: The Chisellers (Paperback)
I was anticipating this book and accidentally bought "Agnes Browne" thinking this was it! But Amazon was kind enough to refund and forward the chisellers. A great story with a serious side, it made me laugh and even cry - no not the Cats thing! If you liked the Mammy then you have to ready this, I went and bought The Granny to round out my collection!

Timeline
Timeline
by Michael Crichton
126 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but a little bogged down by all the scientific stuff, Jan. 18 2000
This review is from: Timeline (Hardcover)
I enjoyed this book but had a hard time with the scientific stuff. I'm not a scientist and enjoyed his explanation of "How" it could happen but a short explanation is quite enough. Fascinating characters as well as setting!

Ahab's Wife: Or, the Star-Gazer: A Novel
Ahab's Wife: Or, the Star-Gazer: A Novel
by Sena Jeter Naslund
46 used & new from CDN$ 1.65

4.0 out of 5 stars Good in a pleasing sort of way, Dec 22 1999
A wonderful Book into a woman's point of view. The soul behind Ahab but it doesn't stop there. Ahab's Wife is a great introduction to Moby Dick if you haven't read it already (shame on you) and a great book with a strong female lead. Bravo!

The Mammy
The Mammy
by Brendan O'Carroll
80 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars What a hoot!!, Oct. 11 1999
This review is from: The Mammy (Paperback)
What a wonderful book. Rarely do I ever laugh out loud at a book but I embarassed myself on the airplane!! Can't wait for the next one.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3