Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Amazon Customer

Sonic Alert SB300SS Alarm Clock with Large Display and Bed Shaker
Sonic Alert SB300SS Alarm Clock with Large Display and Bed Shaker
Offered by eMountCarmel
Price: CDN$ 59.79
14 used & new from CDN$ 49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars It does what I need it to do., May 6 2014
This thing really does shake the bed, and the volume goes wayyyyy up there. I kept oversleeping my alarms, but not since I got this!

ASUS TF701T-DOCK-AD02 Transformer Pad 10-Inch Docking Station with Battery, Gray
Price: CDN$ 136.96
17 used & new from CDN$ 128.81

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, May 6 2014
I wanted a small laptop, but I wanted the convenience of a tablet. This gives me both, and works perfectly. When I'm watching TV, I can remove the keyboard, but when I'm working, I find the keyboard is big enough that I can type normally, which is a pleasant surprise (most small keyboards are more annoying than helpful). I highly recommend the Android Transformer and Dock. The Windows 8 one doesn't allow for complete integration with Gmail, etc, so I'm glad there's an Android Transformer, too!

BoxWave Resolute OA3 LG Nexus 4 Case - 3 in 1 Protective Hybrid Case with Foldable Stand Featuring 3 Ultra Durable Layers for LG Nexus 4 Extreme Protection - LG Nexus 4 Cases and Covers (Pitch Black)
Offered by BoxWave Corporation
Price: CDN$ 20.55
2 used & new from CDN$ 20.55

5.0 out of 5 stars Hardcore case, April 28 2014
In a world lousy with iPhone cases, it's difficult to find a good Nexus 4 case. This is one. It feels almost as sturdy as the Otterbox, and has a handy retractable stand leg, which I use often while reading or watching tv on my device. I'm very happy with this case, and highly recommend it.

Humans of New York
Humans of New York
by Brandon Stanton
Price: CDN$ 21.63
58 used & new from CDN$ 20.61

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this book!, April 28 2014
This review is from: Humans of New York (Hardcover)
I've followed the blog for years, and am thrilled that the book was even better than I'd hoped! I love New York, and I think the photos & interviews in this blog are beautiful, and human. I bought several copies of this to give as gifts over the holiday season, and the response has been excellent, as well. Well worth getting!

OXO Good Grips 1596000WH Compost Bin (White )
OXO Good Grips 1596000WH Compost Bin (White )
Price: CDN$ 22.99
7 used & new from CDN$ 21.04

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect size!, April 28 2014
A sturdy,easy-to-clean container that is small-kitchen friendly... It's half the size of my Toronto-issued countertop bin, and still holds a good amount (I don't fill it up over the course of the week). I love it 'cause it doesn't take up too much space, but allows me to keep my scrap bin handy. Good quality, very happy with this purchase.

Fifty Shades of Grey: Book One of the Fifty Shades Trilogy
Fifty Shades of Grey: Book One of the Fifty Shades Trilogy
by E L James
Price: CDN$ 12.96
282 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Meh., April 30 2012
I'm not sure how/why this book has been published mainstream. I will wonder aloud whether the human behind the pen name might be high-profile. I read the book to see what the fuss was about, but still don't understand. It reads like fanfic or bad erotica. The writing has no style, and the characters are over-the-top, in my opinion. I imagine it's garnering attention because of its' risque content, which is a win for the bdsm community in the awareness department, I'm sure, but I can't think of any other reason it even made it off the publishing intern's desk. If you're looking for steam, go ahead, this book will provide, but if you're looking for any degree of style or believability, move on...

The Mindful Way through Depression: Freeing Yourself from Chronic Unhappiness
The Mindful Way through Depression: Freeing Yourself from Chronic Unhappiness
by J. Mark G. Williams
Price: CDN$ 16.26
60 used & new from CDN$ 13.78

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is changing my life!, May 18 2009
Years ago, I suffered from a potentially fatal illness that kept me from working for almost a year. Jon Kabat-Zinn's 'Full Catastrophe Living' changed my life then, for the better. I've integrated some things into my lifestyle, but did not continue to practice mindfulness as I should have.

These days, I've been suffering from depression for a number of years, and for some reason did not know this book existed. In my nearing-desperate search for a way to improve my mindspace without drugs or a therapist I can't afford, I came across this book. It is showing me how to apply the skills I learned before in a way that is so clear, and applicable to my depression. It is a very well-written, easy-to-understand book that explains what should have been obvious without being patronizing. Not even halfway through it, I am beginning to see the patterns in my thinking, and am learning how to recognize it, and shut it down before I think myself into a new low.
If you or someone you love is depressed, and genuinely wants to work towards fixing it, I highly recommend this book - I believe it could be a key to lifelong recovery.