Profile for Laurie > Reviews

Content by Laurie

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Laurie (London, Ontario)

Seriously...I'm Kidding
Seriously...I'm Kidding
by Ellen DeGeneres
Price: CDN$ 11.91
78 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars I've never read a funnier book, Dec 25 2013
In my opinion, this book is akin to reading a great stand-up comedy routine. I actually bought it in the middle of a custody battle along with cps to keep my godson in our home and out of the abusive environment we were trying to protect him from going back to. Recommended homework for the 11 year old is 30 minutes of reading a night. He loves watching Ellen with me, so I bought her books. This is the first one he tackled, and 30 minutes of reading a night became a family activity. He read aloud to my husband and me and I never thought any of the humour became too adult for an 11 year old. It gave us many, many laughs during a stressful time. I always read reviews before purchasing any book and as soon as we started reading this book, I was floored by some of the negative reviews. Even though they are few and far between, now that we've completed the book, it still floors me that anyone would criticize her. "What is this book about?" It's about making you LAUGH!!!! If you want a great literary work to do book studies and join a book group, buy War and Peace or something along those lines. If you just want more classic Ellen DeGeneres humour and want to forget about your cares for a bit, buy this book! You will laugh, I promise. Ellen is a comedian, not an author, so of course the writing isn't going to be the same caliber as the great fiction writers, but that's not what we were expecting. She even makes fun of herself about it, during one of the many hilarious parts of this book. I don't review every book I read, and I read a lot. I review books I have a passionate opinion about. I rely on other people to help me making informed choices before wasting money, so I should definitely take the time to do the same for others. Not a waste of money or time. I'll be reviewing the next one we read.

Nip/Tuck: The Complete Fourth Season
Nip/Tuck: The Complete Fourth Season
DVD ~ Dylan Walsh
Offered by The Digital Vault
Price: CDN$ 29.99
23 used & new from CDN$ 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars So good, so original, Jan. 14 2009
Amazing! Definately not your typical hospital drama. Original plots that keep you guessing. I love the unpredictable endings, and if I didn't see it coming, you know it's good! Each episode takes you through directions that leave you surprised, and wanting more.
Such a great show!

Nip/Tuck: Complete First Season (Bilingual) [Import]
Nip/Tuck: Complete First Season (Bilingual) [Import]
2 used & new from CDN$ 14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, love it, love it!, Jan. 14 2009
This show is so different than anything you've ever seen. I'm always so excited when a new season finishes and I can order the series. The only problem is, I get so wrapped up in it and watch the whole season the first weekend after it comes in the mail!