ARRAY(0xae15b594)

Profile for V. Leonard > Reviews

Content by V. Leonard

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

V. Leonard "vmleonard" (Ontario, Canada)

Baby-Led Weaning: Helping Your Baby to Love Good Food
Baby-Led Weaning: Helping Your Baby to Love Good Food
by Gill Rapley
Price: CDN$ 27.95
35 used & new from CDN$ 5.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book for an alternative to the traditional baby purees, Jan. 11 2012
We used this method with our son starting at 6 months old and it made meals really easy and wonderful for our family! We started introducing purees at 5-1/2 months, and after seeing our son not enjoy the experience, we thought we would just let him experiment with whatever we happened to be eating. I feel that aside from helping him enjoy the actual experience of eating, it also helped develop his fine motor skills and hand/eye coordination--to the point where he had the pincer grasp (with thumb and index finger) perfected well before we'd expected him to.

This is an easy to read book and a wonderful resource for parents wishing to try something other than the traditional purees. No more boiling, straining, or mushing!! Hooray!

Green Eggs and Ham
Green Eggs and Ham
by Dr. Seuss
Price: CDN$ 9.49
184 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A childhood favourite!, Jan. 2 2012
This review is from: Green Eggs and Ham (Hardcover)
We got this for our almost 3 year old son and it quite quickly became is favourite before-bedtime book. He has memorized parts of it and takes great joy in being able to recite along with me. This was a favourite book of mine when I was little too, so it gives me great joy to see him enjoying it too. Highly recommend!

Feeding the Whole Family: Cooking With Whole Foods
Feeding the Whole Family: Cooking With Whole Foods
by Cynthia Lair
Price: CDN$ 15.64
43 used & new from CDN$ 14.04

5.0 out of 5 stars Every household should own this book!, March 21 2011
Cynthia Lair's book is a masterpiece! It allowed me to ease in to the formerly unknown world of ancient grains and incredibly tasty (and family friendly) cooking. The book is great for vegetarians & omnivores alike. You don't need to have a young family to enjoy this book (although the baby friendly modifications are fantastic!). I would also highly recommend Cynthia's website as an accompaniment to her cookbook ([...]). This book has become a coveted item amongst my friends--everyone who reads it either copies down a recipe (or two) or goes out to purchase it! I can't say enough good things about it!

Between The Beautifuls
Between The Beautifuls
Price: CDN$ 10.61
17 used & new from CDN$ 2.47

4.0 out of 5 stars Great tunes!, Aug. 13 2008
This review is from: Between The Beautifuls (Audio CD)
Since Hawksley came out with A Treeful of Starling, he has changed course and gone for more melodic and woeful songs. Between The Beautifuls is an excellent album, however for those of you who are used to the "old Hawksley" with songs a la Jealous of Your Cigarette and Striptease, be prepared for a totally different facet of this dynamic Canadian singer/songwriter. Songs that stand out in this particular album are Piano Blink (Los Manlicious mix), Oh You Delicate Heart, All The Trees Are Hers, City Is A Drag, and Pomegranate Daffodil. Definitely worth adding to your Hawksley Workman album collection.