Profile for Eric Foley > Reviews

Content by Eric Foley

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Eric Foley

Fantastic Mr. Fox / Fantastique Maitre Renard
Fantastic Mr. Fox / Fantastique Maitre Renard
DVD ~ George Clooney
Price: CDN$ 4.88
17 used & new from CDN$ 4.50

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite film this year, April 22 2010
There were plenty of good films this year and while "UP" made me cry, Fantastic Mr. Fox made me go back to the theatre and watch it again. I really enjoyed this film and it's unique sense of humour and beautiful stop motion animation. I can't recommend this movie enough. It's just so good.

Elemental Magic, Volume I: The Art of Special Effects Animation
Elemental Magic, Volume I: The Art of Special Effects Animation
by Joseph Gilland
Price: CDN$ 42.67
28 used & new from CDN$ 32.72

5.0 out of 5 stars finally a book on hand drawn effects, April 22 2010
This is a great book and a rare book on hand drawn special effects. I've been looking for a book like this for years and it doesn't disapoint. Lots of theory lots of practical explanations and examples. I'm very glad to have bought it.

Dream Worlds: Production Design for Animation
Dream Worlds: Production Design for Animation
by Hans Bacher
Price: CDN$ 30.06
36 used & new from CDN$ 28.73

5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful book, April 22 2010
This book is great and packed with beautiful illustrations really giving you a clear sense of the authors intentions and theories. If you are interested in illustration , concept art, background paintings, and composition this is a worthy book for your library.

Animation Unleashed: 100 Principles Every Animator, Comic Book Writer, Filmmaker, Video Artist, and Game Developer Should Know
by Ellen Besen
Price: CDN$ 17.87
38 used & new from CDN$ 13.71

5.0 out of 5 stars a really good book, April 22 2010
I enjoyed this book. it's different form many animation books in that it's about using the animation to effectively tell stories as opposed to just "here's how to animate a walk cycle". I think it goes well as a companion book to many of these other animation books and writing books to inspire your creative process as you create your animated film. I definitely recommend it.

At Home by Myself... with You
At Home by Myself... with You
DVD ~ Kristin Booth
Price: CDN$ 29.95
3 used & new from CDN$ 24.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun quirky flick worth a look!, April 22 2010
I saw this movie at the Royal Cinema in Toronto when it played there and really enjoyed it. It's fun , Kristin Booth does such a great job as the quirky lead with so many phobias she can't leave her apartment until one day she decides to conquer her fears. The rest of the cast is really good too and i loved the little animations that pop up from time to time.
The screening i saw had some of the cast and director and writer there doing a little Q&A as well and apparently they raised money to make this film by people literally donating pocket change to make this film. I thought that was pretty amazing and it turned out great. My girlfriend and I just ordered this and we're looking forward to watching it again soon.