Profile for Andrea Freud Loewenstein > Reviews

Content by Andrea Freud L...

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Andrea Freud Loewenstein (Brooklyn, NY United States)

The Serenity to Go: How to Listen to Your Body and Overcome Bingeing, Overeating, and Obsession with Food
by Mina Hamilton
Price: CDN$ 13.25
28 used & new from CDN$ 4.67

5.0 out of 5 stars Me? Serenity? You Gotta be Kidding., April 28 2001
I usually avoid self help books, but this little volume found its way into my heart. It's witty, unpretentious, and best of all, useful. I regularly drive in a city where one mini-second of hesitation means a barage of curses and horns, and since reading this book I've actually managed to drive from Brooklyn to the UpperWest Side and get out of the car feeling more relaxed in body and mind than when I got in. Even more importantly, this book has pushed me to think about my priorities. Is it better to get somewhere a few minutes late and relaxed or right on time with your heart racing? I'm not quite sure, but Hamilton's really got this sceptic thinking and questioning. Since most self-help books seem to preach to the converted, this is quite a feat. I await Hamilton's next - my only problem with this one is it wasn't long enough.