Profile for P. Gravel > Reviews

Content by P. Gravel

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

P. Gravel (Ottawa, Ontario Canada)

Real Estate Investing in Canada: Creating Wealth with the ACRE System
Real Estate Investing in Canada: Creating Wealth with the ACRE System
by Don R. Campbell
39 used & new from CDN$ 2.15

3.0 out of 5 stars What's behind the curtain?, July 30 2006
To use Don R Campbell's own words "What's behind the curtain?". This is the first book I have read about real estate investments and I did find it somewhat informative. It provides good common sense for researching properties, areas, negotiations. It did also provide allot of positive enthusiasm and confidence...a bit like a self help book would provide.

But the content seems superficial, there is no details on how to raise capital. ex: We get the impression Richard is flat broke yet he has the cash to buy an investment property!?!?!?! What is the minimum required capital required for investment property compared to personal property? How do we nogotiate with the real estate agent as compared to the seller, which I would assume would be the case most times.

Going to the asssociated web sight was the biggest disappointment. The first impression is buyer beware. Internet marketing at its most agressive. Leaves me wondering where did they actually make there money, on real estate or on selling the hype and other products?

Either way the book did have allot of good information to encourage me in studying more about Real Estate Investments. I would recommend to anybody who wants to consider this type of investment with a strong caution of "BEWARE - WHAT'S BEHIND THE CURTAIN"