Profile for bamboochik > Reviews

Content by bamboochik

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

bamboochik "bamboochik"

Page: 1 | 2
The Storm
The Storm
Price: CDN$ 17.20
23 used & new from CDN$ 8.17

5.0 out of 5 stars Took Me Away...Far, Far, Away, May 7 2004
This review is from: The Storm (Audio CD)
Unlike the two previous reviewers, I found this CD to be mesmerizing and one of my favorite ambient CD's. It is a great one for doing quiet meditation in the dark, or just as background "sound" while creating. I highly recommend it, especially to other artists who need inspiration.

Beneath the Veil
Beneath the Veil
Price: CDN$ 20.73
18 used & new from CDN$ 12.07

5.0 out of 5 stars Hypnotic, Relaxing, Sensual!, March 15 2003
This review is from: Beneath the Veil (Audio CD)
This CD can definitely take away my depression and put me into a wonderfully relaxed and happy mood. I'll wear it out before I ever get tired of it. I don't think it is really intended for those seeking Belly Dancing music. It is more, New Age/Ambient/Relaxation/Mood music. I wasn't looking for that anyway.

Ambient Music For Sleep: Clini
Ambient Music For Sleep: Clini
Price: CDN$ 9.99
24 used & new from CDN$ 6.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely Relaxing, March 15 2003
This is just one more example of how good this doctors CD's for stress and sleep problems is. I put it on continuous play and sleep soundly with wonderful dreams that allow me to wake refreshed and in a marvelous mood. Highly recommended, along with all his other CD's.

Delta Sleep System
Delta Sleep System
Price: CDN$ 15.08
23 used & new from CDN$ 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Sleep So Deep and Pure, March 15 2003
This review is from: Delta Sleep System (Audio CD)
I suffer from a couple of auto-immune diseases that leave me in constant pain and with insomnia. This CD has finally allowed me to sleep through the night and have the most wonderful dreams to boot! I am a life time fan for sure and have since bought others of Dr. Jeffrey Thompsons works. Highly recommended for anyone with too much stress or pain to sleep well.

Is This Your Child
Is This Your Child
by Doris Rapp
Price: CDN$ 17.32
84 used & new from CDN$ 1.27

5.0 out of 5 stars Saved My Son's Life !, March 15 2003
This review is from: Is This Your Child (Paperback)
When I first saw Dr. Doris Rapp on the talk shows back when this book first was published it opened my eyes to my own sons problems....read it over and over and started applying the testing and homeopathic remedies and stopping the foods he was showing allergic reactions to. After a year of the homeopathic remedies and a slow start back of those same foods *mile, chocolate, cinnamon* we had no more problems. This was a child who had severe allergic reactions including asthma attacks that would leave him choking and unable to breathe. (very frightening)After two years of doctors of every specialty, and tons of meds with the resulting hyperactivity and no real cure, I had had it!!!
Now, my son is a tall, strong, and wonderfully healthy 17 yr. old with no behavioral problems nor allergies or asthma. You best believe that we keep homeopathics in our home 365 days a year now.
Now I buy the book everytime I get the chance so that I can pass it on to others who need this wonderful doctors sound thinking and real help. Is your child hyperactive, have un-controllable rages, depressions, suicidal, sick with allergies and asthma, learning disabilities? Any of these problems? BUY THIS BOOK! You won't be sorry you did.

Exotica-Best of ...
Exotica-Best of ...
Offered by @ ALLBRIGHT SALES @
Price: CDN$ 21.99
10 used & new from CDN$ 12.14

5.0 out of 5 stars I Finally Found The Genre!, March 23 2001
This review is from: Exotica-Best of ... (Audio CD)
When I was a young girl, my dad would play these albums on Saturday night and I can still remember how much I loved them. Unfortunately, I didn't know how to find them since they had a class all their own and it really had no name. (even ... doesn't have an 'exotica' genre.) Now that I have found out all these great exotica performers like Martin Denny you can believe me when I say I will end up buying every one I can find. They were New Age Ambient before there was such a thing! (my "other" favorite sounds today)

The Unschooling Handbook: How to Use the Whole World As Your Child's Classroom
The Unschooling Handbook: How to Use the Whole World As Your Child's Classroom
by Mary Griffith
Price: CDN$ 16.26
41 used & new from CDN$ 4.50

5.0 out of 5 stars I UNSCHOOL AND IT WORKS!, Nov. 28 2000
It is a 'good thing' that this book is available. Running an egroup list for unschooling parents, I know that it can be difficult for some folks to understand the concept. Also, there are many kinds of 'unschooling' approaches from the 'radical unschooling' families to the kind like mine where we do use worksheets off and on and use a lot of educational tv and computers. I can highly recommend this book for those thinking about using this different way of homeschooling. One thing I can assure you is that your child will never 'HATE' learning.

The Exotic Garden: Designing with Tropical Plants in Almost Any Climate
The Exotic Garden: Designing with Tropical Plants in Almost Any Climate
by Richard R Iversen
22 used & new from CDN$ 3.43

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't Put it Down!, Sept. 24 1999
If you love the tropical look in gardening as much as I do, then this book is a must have. So many ideas to mull over and so many pictures of tropical gardens in a cool climate that you will think you are in the real tropics. I know I will be grabbing this book throughout the winter off my bookcase shelves.

The Book of Bamboo: A Comprehensive Guide to This Remarkable Plant, Its Uses, and Its History
by David Farrelly
Price: CDN$ 21.26
19 used & new from CDN$ 21.26

4.0 out of 5 stars Use Other Books for Pictures, April 4 1999
This is a very good reference book for studying the botony of bamboo and also for building (ideas only) and other uses for bamboo in the past and present in other countries where bamboo is in abundance. Do not expect pictures because there are none at all, just line drawings. Very good source for those wanting to learn EVERYTHING about bamboo from a scientific viewpoint with some nice personal antidotes here and there. Yes, buy it! And DO GROW BAMBOO!

SoMa
SoMa
Price: CDN$ 22.65
18 used & new from CDN$ 9.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Better Than a Happy Pill!, March 26 1999
This review is from: SoMa (Audio CD)
Steve Roach is one of my favorite ambient artists and for good reason. His sounds make me happy and relaxed and at peace all at the same time. Yet I find my artistic side stronger than ever and have to start producing that which my imagination is pouring forth.

Page: 1 | 2