Profile for Sean Patrick > Reviews

Content by Sean Patrick

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Sean Patrick (Boston MA)

Swimming Pool (Bilingual) [Import]
Swimming Pool (Bilingual) [Import]
DVD ~ Charlotte Rampling
Price: CDN$ 10.91
29 used & new from CDN$ 1.96

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, June 30 2004
While I certainly like nudity and erotica, I found this tale to be only mildly interesting and kind of contrived and found none of the suspense or excitement discussed by others.
Nudity - B-
Plot - C+
Acting - D
Believability quotient was nil to me and I wanted, really, to like it. Nice scenery (excluding the anotomy)

Stone Cold
Stone Cold
by Robert Parker
46 used & new from CDN$ 0.12

4.0 out of 5 stars Well-spun suspenful and well-concepted plots, May 6 2004
This review is from: Stone Cold (Hardcover)
I am a big Robert Parker fan and have enjoyed his creating new characters. After all, Spenser has been around the ring for a lot of rounds.
I have read all Spenser and now Stone novels and continue to welcome a Parker Penning.
This story was very human, exceptionally interesting and gratifying (to me) on one plot and on another plot, a sad-but-true consequence of life and our times. I like Jesse Stone but think he should ditch his ex-wife.

Sleepless in Seattle 10th Anniversary Edition
Sleepless in Seattle 10th Anniversary Edition
DVD ~ Tom Hanks
Price: CDN$ 11.99
49 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars An All time favorite, April 12 2004
One of the greatest movies ever.
I cry everytime I see it, over a dozen time and I'm a guy.

The Last Juror
The Last Juror
by John Grisham
Price: CDN$ 25.17
178 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful depiction of small southern town in 60's, April 12 2004
This review is from: The Last Juror (Hardcover)
I loved this book. Being part southern,I can attest to the realism and beautiful prose along with a knockout plot. I hated to finish the book and wish there was a sequal in the works. Most of Grisham's books have interested, educated and entertained me. This one is one of his best along with a surprising change of pace. I cannot imagine anyone not loving this book. The characters are so real they jump off the page. If they ever make it a movie, it would never do the book justice. This is five star stuff.

About Schmidt (Widescreen) [Import]
About Schmidt (Widescreen) [Import]
DVD ~ Jack Nicholson
Price: CDN$ 4.99
64 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Should be skipped, Feb. 23 2004
I purchased this DVD after reading favorible reviews and was very disappointed.
I am a big Jack Nicholson fan but this is one movie he should not have made.
It began on a low level plane and went downhill. It was depressingly boring and a waste of time.
Jack plays a character who retires and goes on an odyssey not worth watching. It is sad to get ripped off by a piece of trash like this, but you open the DVD, no refunds. My only resourse is to warn others not to repeat my mistake.

Switching to the Mac: The Missing Manual
Switching to the Mac: The Missing Manual
by David Pogue
23 used & new from CDN$ 0.77

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't Switch, Mac is Smoke and Mirrors, June 22 2003
I read Mr Pogue's Mac OS X: The Missing Manual, and am about to finish reading his Switching to the Mac; BUT let me tell you, I own an imac 17" LCD on a Pedestal with extra ram, extra speakers (candlesticks) and a .Mac account for their lousy mail service and I also own a DELL 2.66 GigaHertz and a 20" LCD Monitor and identical graphics software and Microsoft Office on each Machine and I would choose the Dell hands down for being more dependable, faster and more fun to operate. The Mac also gives me troubles, freeze ups, bad drivers, stupid tech support, phone calls which take 2 hours fix a problem to get to a real specialist.
I have had no problems with my XP Professional. They run together on a cable modem with a router and The PC wins. The MAc needs work. I have owned 14 Macs since 1984 and they are superior in Itunes and ipod but the rest, I have to give thumbs down.

Danny Boy
Danny Boy
Offered by Vanderbilt CA
Price: CDN$ 24.83
7 used & new from CDN$ 8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful experience in Irish listening pleasure, Oct. 7 1999
This review is from: Danny Boy (Audio CD)
I discovered John McDermott through the Irish Tenors Album and bought this at the same time. I played it many times with enough pleasure to lose one's self in. The Rose of Tralee is my favorite but Danny Boy rivals it. Although mainly an Irish fan,Loch Lomond and Auld Lang Syne are wonderful additions. The Dutchman and Waltzing Matilda were first heard by me from Liam Clancy and I'm sure he will be proud of these versions. Some of these songs are just too beautiful to hear - a stunning experience and I am a new fan. I want more works from John McDermott.

The Messenger
The Messenger
by T. Davis Bunn
37 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars It warmed my heart and made me think, Jan. 3 1998
This review is from: The Messenger (Hardcover)
The Messenger is very special. It lightened my heart while it made me cry with tears of unexplainable joy. I recommend it to all ages. It helped scrub my soul.