Profile for Les Paul > Reviews

Content by Les Paul

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Les Paul "Foolio" (Motown)

Page: 1 | 2
Mitch All Together
Mitch All Together
Price: CDN$ 20.06
33 used & new from CDN$ 9.77

5.0 out of 5 stars One really funny hippie, July 1 2004
This review is from: Mitch All Together (Audio CD)
This dude is pretty funny.... for a hippie. Atleast I think that he is a hippie. His laid-back delivery of the jokes does seem to remind me of Steven Wright, but this guy is much more funny than Wright. His material is all over the map and doesn't seem to follow any kind of format. It's like comedy spoken by some witty guy with a serious case of ADD. I think that this is a good buy.

I'm Gonna Be Dead Someday...
I'm Gonna Be Dead Someday...
Offered by Vanderbilt CA
Price: CDN$ 47.95
3 used & new from CDN$ 17.28

5.0 out of 5 stars Great standup...... Lousy Man Show host...., July 1 2004
This CD is drop dead funny. I thought I was going to have a heart attack listening to this. He is on funny guy. The opening skit with the weight lifting is a little disturbing but once you get on with the routine it is all up hill from their. I think that my favorite part is either "girls night out" or the deal about the "Tiger p@$$y". I definatly reccomend picking this one up if you are a comedy fan. If you are a Fear Factor fan I reccomend that you go out and get some help!!

Audioslave
Audioslave
Price: CDN$ 8.00
38 used & new from CDN$ 1.95

5.0 out of 5 stars This album ROCKS......., June 30 2004
This review is from: Audioslave (Audio CD)
I was not really a huge fan of Soundgarden or Rage but I do own several of their albums. I think that Soundgarden could have gone on to record several more good albums. However, I think that Rage was pretty much a one-trick-pony. Their best offering was their first (I can't remember the title... was it Bombtrack?) Audioslave is a genious collaberation of some of the best rockers out there. The marraige of Cornell and the super kickA$$ dudes from Rage couldn't have been more perfect. I think that Morello and that other dude made a good move getting away from Zach DeLawhatever. I don't think that I could listen to any more of his wacked-out political rants. I can truly say that this is one of the best CDs that I have bought in a long time.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic movie!, April 22 2004
This movie is really fun. The way that Tarantino uses obscure music to set the mood for his movies is out of control. I just saw Vol. 2 and I was a little dissapointed, but Vol. 1 is really cool. If you are a Tarantino fan (Pulp Fiction, Resivoir Dogs, True Romance) you will like this movie. Otherwise you may think that there is too much swearing and violence.

Grand Theft Auto 3 and Vice City Bundle - Xbox
Grand Theft Auto 3 and Vice City Bundle - Xbox
5 used & new from CDN$ 9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good game... Laugh your butt off, April 2 2004
This game is a riot!! I have played the PS2 version and this one blows that one away. The graphics and sound are much more superior. The only reason that I gave it 4 out of 5 is that it GTA is only a one player game. Could you imagine going head to head trying to kill your buddy, all the while stealing cars and dodging the Cops? Sounds cool to me.... Even better an online version. Like some gangster drug war deal... WOW!!

Lord, I Apologize [Reissue]
Lord, I Apologize [Reissue]
Price: CDN$ 12.98
20 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Hillbilly comedy @ its finest., March 19 2004
Larry the Cable Guy may seem like a ignorant redneck, but this couldn't be further from the truth. This CD is one that the whole family can enjoy. This is the funniest comedy album that I have heard that is "clean". Larry manages to perform a great routine without swearing. Mind you that there is a few masturbation and toilet humor jokes, but there is only a couple. The letters from toddlers at the end are a RIOT!! I recommend buying this today. Great job Larry!! Git-er-Done!!

The Big Lebowski (Widescreen)
The Big Lebowski (Widescreen)
DVD ~ Jeff Bridges
Offered by Rainy Day Games
Price: CDN$ 13.99
12 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm the Dude, Man..... So that's what you call me...., March 12 2004
I have seen this movie more times than I can count. It is a fantastic journey about one lazy hippy. John Goodman give a spectacular performance as a disgruntled Vietnam Veteran. This movie may not be the funniest movie that I have seen, but it is the best comedy that I have seen. (Does that make any sense?) I guess it's the acting that I find so incredible. Either that or all of the very funny foul language. I have seen this movie on TV and it just isn't the same without all of the F-bombs!! My favorite part is when the Dude and Walter go to the kid's house, whom they think stole money from them, and Walter comes unglued!! He starts screaming "This is what happens when you 'bleep' a stranger in the 'bleep'!!" He then proceedes to take his agression out on the kids car with a crowbar. Very funny stuff, especially coming from John Goodman's mouth. Buy this movie. Now!

Pawn Shoppe Heart
Pawn Shoppe Heart
Offered by Fulfillment Express CA
Price: CDN$ 21.54
40 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Detroit music revolution, March 12 2004
This review is from: Pawn Shoppe Heart (Audio CD)
When Jack White kicked the crap out of Bondies frontman Jason Stollmier it must have been out of jelousy. This album rocks very hard. With nasty dirty guitars and sick drumming the Bondies have started a musical renaissance. Jack may have to throw this guy another ... beating when the new Stripes album comes out so he can aquire the same "free" media exposure. I have to believe that the scuffle between these dudes was a marketing ploy that seemed to have worked, because I bought the last copy of this CD from the record store. Folks, go out and buy this CD because it rocks BIG TIME.

Rules of Enragement
Rules of Enragement
Price: CDN$ 16.08
31 used & new from CDN$ 8.85

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty damn funny, March 4 2004
This review is from: Rules of Enragement (Audio CD)
This CD is funny. Maybe not as funny as I thought that it would be after reading all of the reviews on this site. If you want to laugh very hard I would go with Dave Attell, Dane Cook, or Larry the Cable Guy.

Mack Avenue Skull Game
Mack Avenue Skull Game
Offered by @ ALLBRIGHT SALES @
Price: CDN$ 26.94
13 used & new from CDN$ 6.00

5.0 out of 5 stars If anyone is reading this..... Buy this CD, March 4 2004
This review is from: Mack Avenue Skull Game (Audio CD)
This is one of the best "unheard" of bands from Detroit. The raw heavy rock infused with the great vocals of local legend Thonetta Davis is enough to tear a hole in your a$$. As an added bonus there is some cool art in the sleeve created by Mark Dancey (Guitarist/ Artist) If you like music and you havn't heard this buy it today.

Page: 1 | 2