Profile for D > Reviews

Content by D

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

D

LSE Lighting® compatible UV Bulb for Rainfresh 400128 Sterilizer 38W 8GPM
LSE Lighting® compatible UV Bulb for Rainfresh 400128 Sterilizer 38W 8GPM
Offered by LightSpectrum
Price: CDN$ 42.00
2 used & new from CDN$ 42.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Reset Alarm Instructions. Great Seller!, June 18 2015
Connecting Ballast to power & Ballast Re-set : Depress timer button while reconnecting ballast to
electrical outlet and keep the button depressed until the ballast emits a solid three-second beep. This will re-set the lamp-change-timer to zero and the 3-second beep will confirm that the re-set was
successful. Note: If the timer is not re-set the ballast will continue to alarm.
We do this reset to get an extra few months out of our old bulb as our water is not bad and I'm confident Rainfresh has a safety cushion on their 9000hrs.

XCSOURCE® 10X E27 3W LED Globe shape lamp bulb 2835 SMD LEDs LED light bulb with glass cover (warm white 3000K , 200 lumens , 180° viewing angle, AC100- 220V, 45 x 74mm) Energy saving light LD280B
Offered by XCSOURCE-CA
Price: CDN$ 37.96
2 used & new from CDN$ 31.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Mini bulb but/and Dome can come off, May 30 2015
Be careful removing from box. Plastic diffuser dome can pop off. Easy to pop back on. Still gave it 5 stars as I could see some applications may want the dome off. Used for ambiance lighting in wall sconces. Does not shed a lot of light. Tiny bit more light and slightly whiter light then the 25W mini bulb incandescents I replaced. I think they are perfect.

10 Pack JACKY LED 2nd Generation LED MR16 6W Dimmable Warm White COB VS 9W 12W 15W 100% Original Epistar Chip Ultra Bright led lights light bulbs lamp for home 55W Equivalent Replacement Perfect Standard Size Lighting GU5.3 Base 45 Degree
Offered by JACKYLED Direct -CA

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Seller! & Product. Produces no heat, May 30 2015
Fast fast delivery. Appears to be great product. Time will tell but somehow I feel this seller would do what ever is reasonable to help if there was an issue. I love having virtually no heat created from these in my 1/2 storey Mancave. Dimming not as low or perhaps it's because it's not as yellow as halogens but got used to it the first movie night. Changed out 30 50w halogens (1500w total) to 180w LED which most times are dimmed. It just makes you smile. Feels like you are doing your part to reduce carbon footprint. 😊

Forks Over Knives
Forks Over Knives

5.0 out of 5 stars Common sense diet, Nov. 15 2011
This review is from: Forks Over Knives (DVD)
A real eye opener. This documentary was a real surprise to my wife and I. Since watching our diet has changed removing meat and dairy products by I'd say 90%. This has changed how we feel. My Asthma is rare now. Lost about 10lbs. Why is that we feed our Dogs better then our children and ourselves??

netTALK  DUO
netTALK DUO
8 used & new from CDN$ 82.67

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap reliable home phone, Sept. 22 2011
This review is from: netTALK DUO (Office Product)
You get a local area code, voice mail (emailed to you) or can dial *98 to pickup, call waiting, 3 way calling etc. etc., free calls in USA & Canada. All for only 39$ a year(Canada). Cancelled my Rogers home phone. Plug in Duo's telephone line into one of my home landline telephone outlets and back fed to all the phones in the house. Initially planned to use the Nettalk Duo for traveling when wintering in the USA but now its my home phone.
My home alarm monitoring system works too with the Duo which the MajicJack did not (note had to call the monitoring company to program to call their direct number without #1 in front of it rather then a toll free number)
The advantage this unit has it's own power not relying on your computer. But can also connect by computer USB.
I tried the USB connect but on occassion needed to be unplugged and plugged back in when Computer went to sleep.
It needs Windows OS to use the USB. I use Parallels 6 on my MacPro to run the USB connection. Notwithstanding the Ethernet connection is the best way to go for reliability.
I love that once you plug everything in incl your corded phone Duo connects within about 5 seconds and your phone rings once to let you know all is working.
Reception is excellent with on occasion you can hear your voice echo on a call. The other party can't hear it but I usually just call back if it's going to be a long call.
There is also the odd 1 second break in the reception but that maybe my internet since my Brother in Vancouver doesn't have the problem on his Duo.
Works also when plugged into my cheap portable wireless router/repeater/accesspoint CNet CQR980 which has two Ethernet ports. (Used for travelling and sharing in hotels or any free wireless hotspot. Router works flawlessly with the Duo on wireless mode. My plan is to connect the Duo to Virgin Mobile wireless Hotspot by pairing the CNet router with the hotspot while traveling wintering in the USA. This way can have a Duo phone, ipad, iphone, sharing one hotspot without tethering)
Downloaded their free iPhone App which also works great. They are working on your dedicated Duo phone number will ring on your iphone with this app when you have WIFI. For now free outgoing call only on this App.
To set up or pickup your voicemail dial *98 and follow the prompts.
Although I am still working on a few issues all in all it is a great product that I highly recommend.
Enjoy!!