Profile for D > Reviews

Content by D

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

D

Forks Over Knives
Forks Over Knives
Offered by TheMarketPlace
Price: CDN$ 17.84

5.0 out of 5 stars Common sense diet, Nov. 15 2011
This review is from: Forks Over Knives (DVD)
A real eye opener. This documentary was a real surprise to my wife and I. Since watching our diet has changed removing meat and dairy products by I'd say 90%. This has changed how we feel. My Asthma is rare now. Lost about 10lbs. Why is that we feed our Dogs better then our children and ourselves??

netTALK  DUO
netTALK DUO
Price: CDN$ 59.99
9 used & new from CDN$ 51.08

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap reliable home phone, Sept. 22 2011
This review is from: netTALK DUO (Office Product)
You get a local area code, voice mail (emailed to you) or can dial *98 to pickup, call waiting, 3 way calling etc. etc., free calls in USA & Canada. All for only 39$ a year(Canada). Cancelled my Rogers home phone. Plug in Duo's telephone line into one of my home landline telephone outlets and back fed to all the phones in the house. Initially planned to use the Nettalk Duo for traveling when wintering in the USA but now its my home phone.
My home alarm monitoring system works too with the Duo which the MajicJack did not (note had to call the monitoring company to program to call their direct number without #1 in front of it rather then a toll free number)
The advantage this unit has it's own power not relying on your computer. But can also connect by computer USB.
I tried the USB connect but on occassion needed to be unplugged and plugged back in when Computer went to sleep.
It needs Windows OS to use the USB. I use Parallels 6 on my MacPro to run the USB connection. Notwithstanding the Ethernet connection is the best way to go for reliability.
I love that once you plug everything in incl your corded phone Duo connects within about 5 seconds and your phone rings once to let you know all is working.
Reception is excellent with on occasion you can hear your voice echo on a call. The other party can't hear it but I usually just call back if it's going to be a long call.
There is also the odd 1 second break in the reception but that maybe my internet since my Brother in Vancouver doesn't have the problem on his Duo.
Works also when plugged into my cheap portable wireless router/repeater/accesspoint CNet CQR980 which has two Ethernet ports. (Used for travelling and sharing in hotels or any free wireless hotspot. Router works flawlessly with the Duo on wireless mode. My plan is to connect the Duo to Virgin Mobile wireless Hotspot by pairing the CNet router with the hotspot while traveling wintering in the USA. This way can have a Duo phone, ipad, iphone, sharing one hotspot without tethering)
Downloaded their free iPhone App which also works great. They are working on your dedicated Duo phone number will ring on your iphone with this app when you have WIFI. For now free outgoing call only on this App.
To set up or pickup your voicemail dial *98 and follow the prompts.
Although I am still working on a few issues all in all it is a great product that I highly recommend.
Enjoy!!