Profile for David A. Camack > Reviews

Content by David A. Camack

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

David A. Camack (Eatontown, New Jersey USA)

The Incredible Hulk: The Original Television Series Premiere
The Incredible Hulk: The Original Television Series Premiere
DVD ~ Bill Bixby
Offered by kwality-mart
Price: CDN$ 4.99
28 used & new from CDN$ 0.55

4.0 out of 5 stars Hulk out on DVD, Aug. 7 2003
I have been here from the very begining of the series. I can't say that I have enjoyed every episode, but the ones I love are most memerable, and this DVD includes the episodes that make this series a classic in TV. history. Bill Bixby was very serious about this production as was Lou as it shows in their performance. This DVD is great in picture quality, although is grainy in some spots but still above and beyond VHS and even the original broadcast. Both episodes(original pilot,Married) are very crisp and clean, with only a few flaws. The sound is mono but still clean, and has HiFi definition above and beyond what you heard back in the 70's or even on the SciFi network. Well worth the price so grab it!!!!!

Happiness [Import]
Happiness [Import]
DVD ~ Jane Adams
Offered by importcds__
Price: CDN$ 9.71
25 used & new from CDN$ 8.55

1.0 out of 5 stars Should have been banned! Total filth!, Feb. 19 2001
This review is from: Happiness [Import] (DVD)
This movie is nothing but a pile of garbage along with every single person involved in it with the exception of the children who were horribly used and exploited. For over two miserable hours I watched what critics called brilliant and a work of art. This movie should be stripped from the shelves and the people who wrote directed and starred should be ashamed of themselves and never allowed to work again. The parents who allowed their children to be a part of this immoral filth should be ashamed as well and their skills as parents questioned. This abomination of a movie borders on illegal activity and I just hope the kids in this movie suffer no ill effects for having been a part of it. I can't believe critics complain about movies like Battlefield Earth and the like then give garbage like this thumbs up. The only reason to enjoy this movie is to be able to look at yourself in the mirror and realize you are not so bad after all. Horrible and disgusting trash and I recommend this movie to no one. Avoid and boycott this at all costs!!!!!!!

The Who - Classic Albums: Who's Next [Import]
The Who - Classic Albums: Who's Next [Import]
DVD ~ Roger Daltrey
Offered by PaperbackshopCA
Price: CDN$ 8.18
16 used & new from CDN$ 7.73

5.0 out of 5 stars Lifehouse(Who's Next), Sept. 7 2000
Just when you think a Who fan knows everything there is to know about there favorite group there is always more to the story. Who better than Pete to tell the story like no one else can. This DVD tells the tale of how Who's Next came to be and how it was supposed to be part of a much bigger and much misunderstood project called Lifehouse. The best songs were put onto Who's Next and are reviewed here very carefully by the band members. There is also a tribute to Keith Moon. A great finale is performed by Pete on his acoustic. The sound and picture on this DVD is incredible. I rate and recommend this DVD very highly and consider this to be a welcome addition to my collection to The Who as well as my DVD's.

Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (Widescreen)
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (Widescreen)
VHS
Offered by Treasure Island Emporium
Price: CDN$ 45.00
7 used & new from CDN$ 5.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Basic Foundation., Aug. 6 2000
Ok folks I have read dozens of reviews both good and bad and I fully understand both points of view. I personally feel it was a very difficult task indeed for Lucas to go back t the very beginning after such a layoff. After making A New Hope I am sure he had no idea how he was going to finish with Return Of The Jedi and then back in time to Episode1. The Phantom Menace could only go so far with it's direction and can only be used as a point of reference. This move did exactly what it was intended to do. It was to be the basic foundation to which the entire series is made. After watching the next two movies I am sure many will find more appreciation for the entire series. My biggest complaint is the exceptionally poor video quality. THX indeed? I have exercise tapes that are of better quality.

Face Dances (Remst)
Face Dances (Remst)
Price: CDN$ 12.33
27 used & new from CDN$ 5.30

4.0 out of 5 stars My first Who album, March 11 2000
This review is from: Face Dances (Remst) (Audio CD)
I get so tired of hearing how "The Who" were washed up after the loss of Keith Moon. It was a great loss and they did change but they were far from spent. Look at what they have done since they officially broke up in 1982. Far from washed up. "Face Dances" was my first Who album and I have been a loyal fan ever since. This album offers classic hits starting with "You Better You Bet" and ending with "Another Tricky Day" Also has great contributions by legendary bass guitarist John Entwistle. True, it's not The Who at their peak but its worth a listen. Kenny Jones was a suitable replacement on drums.