Profile for Rick > Reviews

Content by Rick

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Rick

Zojirushi NS-ZCC10 5.5 cup Neuro Fuzzy Rice Cooker and Warmer In Premium White
Zojirushi NS-ZCC10 5.5 cup Neuro Fuzzy Rice Cooker and Warmer In Premium White
Price: CDN$ 194.99
8 used & new from CDN$ 182.04

4.0 out of 5 stars Good rice cooker, good price at Amazon, Jan. 10 2011
Price is very good from Amazon. I used to buy these appliances from small Chinese retail stores, or Asian supermarkets like T&T. I was surprised to find the prices on Amazon, after discount, is much cheaper than the retail stores.

The rice cooker is very good. Cooks a variety of rice very well (we do Chinese/Thai jasmine rice, Japanese sushi rice, as well as brown rice). Like very much the thick metal inner cooking bowl. The cook time is a little longer than I expected - normal cooking will take around 55 minutes for 2 cups of regular and sushi rice. It has a quick cook option, which will take half the time, but the rice is not as soft. But it's a matter of getting used to. We found the rice cooked very well.

We bought this to replace our National, which had aged over the years. It's my first Zojirushi (I've owned National & Tiger). I usually look at these 3 brands at par with each other. I'm a loyal fan to Japanese rice cooker. An intersting note is that my Korean friends are all bragging about the Korean rice cookers now. They said the Korean ones are even better. Some Korean models are even more expensive than the Japanese ones these days. Times are changing :-)