Profile for Purrfectionista > Reviews

Content by Purrfectionista

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Purrfectionista (Alberta, Canada)

Jillian Michaels: 6 Week Six-Pack
Jillian Michaels: 6 Week Six-Pack
Price: CDN$ 7.99
10 used & new from CDN$ 6.37

5.0 out of 5 stars ABsolutely love this AB workout!, March 24 2011
If you are seriously looking for a great ab workout, look no further. I have only done level 1, 4 times now and it really works the core. I think level 1 is a fABulous start to working those muffin tops - lol. Jillian is a wonderful trainer and very inspiring. I got this video to help me shape up before putting on my bikini in Mexico in 3 weeks. I have 2 weeks to go and really enjoy this video. I find it already shaping up my core area. Want results, get this video and see for yourself :)

Jillian Michaels: 30 Day Shred
Jillian Michaels: 30 Day Shred
Price: CDN$ 7.99
12 used & new from CDN$ 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Workout Video with definite results!, March 24 2011
3 years after having my first child, I decided it was time to get back to exercising. I have to say, I was nervous trying to find a video that I would stick to. After reading several reviews, I order the 30 day shred. Let me tell you, this is a grrreat work out video. What I love is that it is broken up between 3 minutes of strength/2 minutes cardio/1 minute of abs. It works wonders and the exercises really target key areas of the body. After 4 times just doing level 1, I already feel so much better - both physically & emotionally. I find Jillian to be a very good motivator and I enjoy how she explains the exercises. I find her to be the best trainer on video. I have had alot of videos previously and have to say, this is my fave for many reasons. Just give it a try - you wont be disappointed. Don't be fooled, the 30 day shred is really a shred!

Lois Hole's Favorite Trees & Shrubs
Lois Hole's Favorite Trees & Shrubs
by Lois Hole
Price: CDN$ 14.40
50 used & new from CDN$ 0.35

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great book by Lois Hole, Oct. 29 2009
You can't go wrong with a Lois Hole book. I bought this book in helps to landscape our yard. The book sure helped make decisions about what type of tree or shrub would work in our yard and where. She explains the type of location (sunny, shady) and how big the shrub/tree will grow, so you can plan what it will look like in years to come and not be surprised that you bought a tree too big for your yard. With lots of photos and great inspiration.

Lois Hole's Perennial Favorites
Lois Hole's Perennial Favorites
by Lois Hole
29 used & new from CDN$ 0.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Great reference book, Oct. 29 2009
You gotta love Lois Hole - she knows how to write a book. She keeps it simple, yet very informative and with alot of pictures. I refer to this book often and it is a definite keeper in my book collection.

Boynton's Greatest Hits: Volume 2/The Going-to-Bed Book; Horns to Toes; Opposites; But Not the Hippopotamus
by Sandra Boynton
Edition: Board book
Price: CDN$ 17.55
40 used & new from CDN$ 17.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Love them all, Oct. 29 2009
Love this collection. And better yet, my son loves the books. Pictures are great & words are alot of fun. Worth buying.

One, Two, Three!
One, Two, Three!
by Sandra Boynton
Edition: Board book
Price: CDN$ 8.50
107 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great learning Book, Oct. 29 2009
This review is from: One, Two, Three! (Board book)
I love this book! All of Sandra Boynton's books are awesome though. I can teach my son about animals or what they are doing and he enjoys flipping the pages himself and pointed to what he is learning. Pictures are wonderful and cute. Words are fun. My son is starting to catch on to the numbers, too. Highly recommend this book!!!

The Fussy Eaters' Recipe Book: 135 Quick, Tasty and Healthy Recipes that Your Kids Will Actually Eat
by Annabel Karmel
Price: CDN$ 16.92
36 used & new from CDN$ 2.48

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, Oct. 29 2009
Before purchasing this book, I read other reviews and checked the author's other books. It looked promising, so with a fussy eater at home, I bought the book. I haved tried 5 recipes so far and I am not impressed. My fussy eater hasn't taken to much of the recipes. The tomato basil sauce was good, but it took a bit of work to blanche the tomatoes - I wouldn't recommend taking the extra step to remove the tomato skin as I tried both ways and it was much easier not to remove the skin and still tasted good. I tried the mac & cheese and I wouldn't make it again. I wish I would have loved this book but its just okay.