ARRAY(0xa8bebe1c)

Profile for Christina Banks > Reviews

Content by Christina Banks
Top Reviewer Ranking: 371

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Christina Banks "Stina Rose" (Deep River, ON Canada)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19
Remembering Christmas: A Novel
Remembering Christmas: A Novel
by Dan Walsh
40 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful holiday tale, Nov. 21 2011
What would you do if everything you've believed about someone suddenly appeared to be false? How would you handle your memories being questioned, and found lacking? The main character in Remembering Christmas is faced with these exact circumstances. Forced to reevaluated everything that he believes and remembers about his mother, father and step-father, Rick Denton learns that there is more to life than the way he has been living. This is a story of love, forgiveness, and second chances. Remembering Christmas is a wonderful holiday tale.

I recommend this book to those looking for a good holiday read.

Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc. Available at your favourite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

Wonderland Creek
Wonderland Creek
by Lynn Austin
46 used & new from CDN$ 2.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Must Read!, Nov. 17 2011
This review is from: Wonderland Creek (Paperback)
The premise of Wonderland Creek really caught my attention. At the beginning of the novel, Alice's head is full of fluff. She's living in a make-believe world because all she does is read. Alice has the perfect job, as a librarian. As much as I hate to admit it, I could completely relate to Alice. I love books, especially novels, and too often I find my head stuck in the clouds instead of living in reality. I loved the way that Alice grew as the story continued. She went from only reading about adventures to living one of her own. Many of the adventures were forced upon her, sometimes by gun point, but she learned what it really was to live. Lynn Austin did an amazing job with this novel. Her cast of characters were original and engaging. There were twists and turns along the way, and I was eager as anyone in the book to find out where that buried treasure was located, if it really existed at all. Wonderland Creek is a must read!

I highly recommend this book to lovers of historical fiction.

Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc. Available at your favourite bookseller from Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

Love on the Line
Love on the Line
by Deeanne Gist
62 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, Nov. 17 2011
This review is from: Love on the Line (Paperback)
Deeanne Gist has created a delightful story of two unlikely characters falling in love, while trying to catch the notorious, but extremely popular Comer Gang. Gist's characters are quirky, and engaging. Her plot is full of twist and turns, danger and drama. Sparks fly between the hero and heroine, and the friction eventually starts the fires of love, but can either of them afford to have love on the line? I absolutely loved this story!

I highly recommend this book to readers of historical fiction and fans of Deeanne Gist.

Attracted To Fire
Attracted To Fire
by DiAnn Mills
Price: CDN$ 11.54
22 used & new from CDN$ 0.63

5.0 out of 5 stars Murder, mystery, danger and love, Nov. 16 2011
This review is from: Attracted To Fire (Paperback)
Attracted to Fire has it all - murder, mystery, danger and love. Once I started the novel, I had a hard time putting it down, and still find myself thinking about the plot days later. DiAnn Mills brings to life an exciting and intriguing story of the life of a woman in the Secret Service. This is also the tale of addictions and deception. I loved trying to solve the mystery with Ash and Meghan.

I did have one complaint about the book, which had nothing to do with the story line or characters. The cover of Attracted to Fire really bothers me. Meghan doesn't look anything like how she is portrayed in the cover art. I like details, so this was a little bit of a distraction.

This book is a welcome addition to my home library, and I look forward to sharing it with others.

I highly recommend this book to readers of romantic suspense.

Problems In Plymouth
Problems In Plymouth
by Marianne Hering
Price: CDN$ 5.69
29 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Ruin Thanksgiving? I think not!, Nov. 9 2011
This review is from: Problems In Plymouth (Paperback)
Patrick and Beth are now on an adventure in early American history. There was always trouble in Plymouth, but now things seem to be getting worse. Is Hugh behind all of the bad things that are happening? I did enjoy this book, but there were parts that didn't quite work in this story line. Mostly, I wondered about Hugh's involvement in the events described. That part seemed a little far-fetched to me, but then again, children love a far-fetched story.

I recommend this book for young readers who enjoy adventures in history.

Showdown With The Shepherd
Showdown With The Shepherd
by Marianne Hering
Price: CDN$ 5.69
36 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for young readers!, Nov. 9 2011
I'll say it again. I love Adventures in Odyssey! Showdown with the Shepherd is the fifth book in the Imagination Station series. I thoroughly enjoyed this book because of the Biblical backdrop. The story of David and Goliath comes to life in these pages, as the cousins try to stop Hugh. I can't wait to read these books to my son, when he is old enough to enjoy them, and then, one day, see him reading the stories for himself. These books are a welcome edition to our library!

I recommend this book for young readers who enjoy adventures in history.

Whisper of Peace, A
Whisper of Peace, A
by Kim Sawyer
Price: CDN$ 12.27
59 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A journey of forgiveness, Oct. 31 2011
This review is from: Whisper of Peace, A (Paperback)
A Whisper of Peace takes the reader on a journey through the rugged beauty of the Alaskan wilderness. It also explores the paths of forgiveness in the hearts of people weighed down by the past, and longing for a freer future. The story line is expertly crafted, and wonderful to read. Kim's characters are realistically flawed, and grow as the story progresses. Each character has strong drives, and it is easy to see why they respond the way that they do. I really enjoyed this story.

I recommend this book to fans of Kim Vogel Sawyer and lovers of historical fiction.

Veiled Rose
Veiled Rose
by Anne Elisabeth Stengl
52 used & new from CDN$ 1.74

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely loved it!, Oct. 28 2011
This review is from: Veiled Rose (Paperback)
When I read Heartless, the first book in the Tales of Goldstone Wood series, I knew I was going to have to read next book when it came out. Veiled Rose was worth the wait! I love the fairy-tale aspect of these books. The adventure, danger and magic drew me in. I had to keep turning the pages. I couldn't put the book down till I found out what was going to happen to the characters that I had come to like so much. I am eagerly awaiting the release of Moonblood, the next book in the series.

I highly recommend this book to teens and adults who enjoy fantasy.

I received a complimentary copy of this book for the purpose of review.

Necessary Deception, A: A Novel
Necessary Deception, A: A Novel
by Laurie Eakes
Price: CDN$ 12.27
57 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Can she untangle this web of lies?, Oct. 28 2011
A Necessary Deception is a story filled with danger and intrigue. For the love of her family, Lady Gale finds herself thrown into a pack of spies, and she is not sure who she can trust. Who is really telling the truth, and how can she know what is real and what is not. Danger lurks behind every corner, and everyone is a suspect. Will she unravel the secrets in time to protect those that she loves?

This novel is full of adventure and suspense, but I was a little disappointed in how it all came together at the end. However, my slight disappointment does not keep me from recommending this book.

I recommend this book to lovers of historical fiction.

Measure of Katie Calloway, The: A Novel
Measure of Katie Calloway, The: A Novel
by Serena Miller
46 used & new from CDN$ 1.72

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, Oct. 28 2011
I loved this book! Not often do I find an historical fiction set in my back yard. Having been born and raised in Michigan, I thoroughly enjoyed reading out the "swamps" back in the logging days of the state. Serena did an amazing job bringing the characters to life, and adding the drama that kept me turning pages. I couldn't wait to find out what was going to happen with Katie as she tried to make her way, escaping the abuse of her husband. A well-done and enjoyable read!

I highly recommend this book for lovers of historical fiction.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19