march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools ca_ty_gno
Profile for Christopher Irwin > Reviews

Content by Christopher Irwin

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Christopher Irwin (Ontario, Canada)

Page: 1 | 2
Patec® Muti-function 5W IPX5 Waterproof Dustproof Shockproof Wireless Shower Speaker Outdoor Excise Hiking Camping Speaker with Carabiner - Yellow
Offered by Patec
Price: CDN$ 25.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, May 19 2016
Works well enough to hide my shower singing

Wireless Charger, Spigen® [Wireless Charging Pad] 3 Coil Charger [F300W] Premium Wireless / Qi Charging Stand Only for Qi Enabled Phones Galaxy S7/Galaxy S7 Edge/Note 5/S6 Edge Plus/S6/S6 Edge (SGP11480)
Offered by Spigen CANADA
Price: CDN$ 36.99
2 used & new from CDN$ 36.99

Nexus 6 Case, Spigen® [METALLIZED BUTTONS] Nexus 6 Case Protective **NEW** [Neo Hybrid Series] [Dante Red] Bumper Style Premium Case Slim Fit Dual Lyaer Protective Cover for Google Nexus 6 (2014) - Dante Red (SGP11240)
Offered by Spigen CANADA
Price: CDN$ 15.99
2 used & new from CDN$ 15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars But still a very nice case (and still in use despite an ugly corner), May 13 2016
Plastic edging can lose the red paint if dropped or scratched. But still a very nice case (and still in use despite an ugly corner)

INNOVA 3568 Digital Timing Light
INNOVA 3568 Digital Timing Light
Price: CDN$ 119.65
6 used & new from CDN$ 106.60

5.0 out of 5 stars it is very nice to have tach readout on the timing gun, May 13 2016
Aside from the main purpose of setting the timing (which it does well), it is very nice to have tach readout on the timing gun. More accurate than tach in the car.

PHILIPS LED 10.5w = 60w A19 SlimStyle Daylight (5000K)-3 Pack
PHILIPS LED 10.5w = 60w A19 SlimStyle Daylight (5000K)-3 Pack
Price: CDN$ 17.97
2 used & new from CDN$ 16.71

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, May 13 2016
Look weird, but light pattern is unaffected by flat design

Lucas Oil 10153 Assembly Lube - 8 oz.
Lucas Oil 10153 Assembly Lube - 8 oz.
Price: CDN$ 23.56
5 used & new from CDN$ 8.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, May 13 2016
Lube. it lubes.

Philips (LED02X1) 5-Inch x 7-Inch Rectangle LED Headlamp
Philips (LED02X1) 5-Inch x 7-Inch Rectangle LED Headlamp

4.0 out of 5 stars A pain to install, though that's commentary on my ..., May 13 2016
A pain to install, though that's commentary on my car than the product. On the bright side, the LEDs should still be functioning long after the car isn't.

Night time visibility is significantly improved.

AUKEY EP-B13 Bluetooth 4.1 Wireless Stereo Sport Headphones Running Gym Exercise Earphones with Built-in Mic, Hands-free Calling for iPhone, Samsung, iOS, Android Smartphones-Blue
Offered by Aukey Direct
Price: CDN$ 39.99

2.0 out of 5 stars I'd imagine these would not be great for active users, May 13 2016
Sound is okay. If I turn them all the way up, I can listen while mowing the lawn. regardless of which rubber caps are used, I can not get them to stay in my ears when moving my head. I'd imagine these would not be great for active users.

EDIT 2016-05-17:

* Not convinced these actually have active noise cancellation. Despite the product text, I think it's just "noise isolation", which is basically "things in your ears happen block some outside sound". If they do actually have noise cancellation, it's probably only for phone calls, which I don't do. While attempting to test the call quality (something I hadn't bothered with until just now), my wife reported that I was quiet and hard to hear. Which I guess means it was cancelling out noise my wife didn't want to hear...

* Used them to wash the car. If I avoid twisting my neck much, they don't fall off. Felt like Michael Keaton in his batman costume.

Ultimately, I'm still using them when doing outdoor chores for two reasons:

1. Crappy headphones are better than no headphones.

2. Since I haven't spent a lot of money on them, I'm not really worried about damaging them. Get them wet? Whatever. They're fairly cheap.

Ultimately, that's the key reason I've still got them. I paid $25 for them, but they're available for $20, currently. They're worth $20. You can expect a $20 product. Not that they're poorly constructed or cheap feeling, because the build quality is actually decent. They're just cheap headphones that don't quite get loud enough to hear clearly over a lawn mower or power washer.

Note that AUKEY contacted me about this review (all the parts above the "EDIT 2016-05-17") and suggested:

"Please try to wear it up side down to find whether it works or not."

I'm not sure how their ear canals work, but this is not something that works even a little. If it did, then I'd expect the weight of the band (which would be working against gravity at that point) would lever them out of your ears even faster.

"We like to send you partial refund to make up for the inconvenience. If this solution acceptable to you,would you please eliminate or update the commentary on Amazon now so other customers who meet the same case can give us a chance to solve the problem?"

While I HAVE edited the feedback, I'm refusing the partial refund. I'm not using this for payola. Simply, the overwhelming positive feedback led me to believe these would be a better product than they are. I was disappointed, and my feedback reflects that.

MOCREO®Acrylic Headphone Stand Display Headphone Holder Headphone Hanger Headset Hanger Support - Suitable For All Headphone Sizes - Bose QC15, Sony MDR-XB500, Sennheiser HD 202 II, Shure, Ultimate Ears, Koss PortaPro, JVC, Philips, Monster Beats Solo Studio Pro, Skullycandy, Coby, Platronics - (Black)
Offered by MOCREO
Price: CDN$ 28.00
2 used & new from CDN$ 16.80

1.0 out of 5 stars Looks nice, but not worth the money, May 13 2016
Due to the total lack of weight, it's actually a pain to remove my headphones from it.

I replaced it with a $2 standing banana hook, from the dollar store.

WirthCo 30103 Tapa Circuit for ATM Mini Fuse Blocks
WirthCo 30103 Tapa Circuit for ATM Mini Fuse Blocks
Price: CDN$ 12.62
8 used & new from CDN$ 5.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy., Sept. 11 2015
Used to hard-wire an outlet for my dashcam. Very happy.

Page: 1 | 2