Profile for J. Dionne > Reviews

Content by J. Dionne

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

J. Dionne "oodles"

12V 9W UV Sterilizer with Powerhead
12V 9W UV Sterilizer with Powerhead
Offered by PetsAndPonds
Price: CDN$ 69.99
2 used & new from CDN$ 69.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Algae be gone! Works really well, Feb. 10 2015
This product is amazing.
I had this persistent green water algae problem that wasn't going away. Developed in a week. I bought this and just did 15% water changes twice and within a week, you couldn't even tell there was water at all- that's how clear it is. It looks even better than in the picture, which was 3 days ago.
We're on day 6 and this product has made my aquarium water crystal clear when you couldn't even see the fish before.
PROS: This one comes with its own power head. It's also very quiet.
CONS: Yep, another filter to make room for and plug in. However, I may unplug in soon as this "bloom" seems to be gone. Also, unsightly as you can see it through the water hanging in the back (now that the water is clear! Haha) but I'm putting in some tall plants to cover that up.

Overall- would definitely recommend if algae problematic.

Paddle Your Own Kayak: An Illustrated Guide to the Art of Kayaking
Paddle Your Own Kayak: An Illustrated Guide to the Art of Kayaking
by Gary McGuffin
Price: CDN$ 18.77
34 used & new from CDN$ 9.22

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is beautiful. The format is a little strange to me ..., Aug. 25 2014
This book is beautiful. The format is a little strange to me (width of pages) but the pictures are superb and the info is valuable. I would recommend this book.

Secret Daughter
Secret Daughter
by Shilpi Somaya Gowda
56 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful book, Feb. 20 2012
This review is from: Secret Daughter (Paperback)
While I thought the sections about the Americans was pretty flat, the parts exploring India and their culture were eye opening and inspiring.

La Dolce Vita Cookbook
La Dolce Vita Cookbook
by David Rocco
Price: CDN$ 15.67
8 used & new from CDN$ 14.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, July 26 2010
This review is from: La Dolce Vita Cookbook (Paperback)
This is the first cookbook that I read from cover to cover like a book. Rocco's inspiring stories are accompanied by vivid photography. Most of the recipes are incredibly simple and therefore easy to build upon.

Water For Elephants
Water For Elephants
by Sara Gruen
Price: CDN$ 11.91
100 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Haunting book, Sept. 21 2008
This review is from: Water For Elephants (Paperback)
This book is a gem. It persists to stay in my mind and has been a true eye-opener into the life of the circus workers. From a vet's point of view as well as one who depends on the circus to survive- mind blowing.

I can usually tell how much I enjoyed a book by how much of it stays in my mind days after. This book is haunting my thoughts.

It will be a long while until I find another story such as this one.

The Lords of Discipline
The Lords of Discipline
by Pat Conroy
38 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A truly beautiful book- all I can say, Sept. 14 2008
This book is stunning. Some of the concepts explored in this work of art are branded in my mind forever. Very moving- the honesty and authenticity of the literature sent chills down my spine.

One of my favorite reads ever.

Seashell Thank You Cards
Seashell Thank You Cards
by Potter Style
Edition: Cards
4 used & new from CDN$ 37.33

3.0 out of 5 stars simple yet tasteful, Jan. 17 2008
This review is from: Seashell Thank You Cards (Cards)
These cards are very classic and elegant. Simple, so we can add our own touch. Wonderful thank you cards for our destination wedding!

Weeds: The Complete First Season
Weeds: The Complete First Season
DVD ~ Mary-Louise Parker
Price: CDN$ 13.99
27 used & new from CDN$ 4.18

5.0 out of 5 stars hilarious comedy!, Sept. 18 2007
I love this show! Wonderful comedy with in-depth characters. Love it! Very pleased with the purchase!