biss Up to 40% Off CBC's Canada Reads 2016 Shortlist Simple and secure cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store Exercice Tools boutiques-francophones ca_ty_gno
Profile for J. Dionne > Reviews

Content by J. Dionne

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

J. Dionne "oodles"

Page: 1 | 2
Soufeel Travel Car and Trailer Charm Set 925 Sterling Silver
Soufeel Travel Car and Trailer Charm Set 925 Sterling Silver
Offered by Soufeel Inc
Price: CDN$ 110.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, Dec 14 2015
Very cute and well done.

A Little Life: A Novel
A Little Life: A Novel
Offered by Random House Canada, Incorp.
Price: CDN$ 14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Now one of my favorite top 5 books., Dec 10 2015
This book is beautifully written. Some parts were extremely difficult to read/listen (I got the audiobook) but so well composed I couldn't out it down. This book left me with a lingering sadness that I couldn't shake- I would cry while listening to the audiobook in the car (bluetooth). I would and have strongly recommended it for anyone who can take such a delicate and traumatic subject matter. The characters evolved beautifully and their relationships were so rich.
Made it to my top 5 list, for sure.

Beads Hunter Jewelry .925 Sterling Silver Sweet Cute Frog Charm Murano Glass Bead
Offered by Beads Hunter
Price: CDN$ 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Even nicer than expected, Nov. 28 2015
This bead is so cute. I like it more so in person. I would recommend if you like whimsical, unique pieces.

A Camping Spree with Mr. Magee
A Camping Spree with Mr. Magee
by Chris Van Dusen
Price: CDN$ 15.91
40 used & new from CDN$ 13.86

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful !, Aug. 13 2015
This book is stunning ! We love it. The art is beautiful and the story is so cute. Recommended +++

Big Little Lies
Big Little Lies
Offered by Penguin Group USA
Price: CDN$ 13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Will haunt me for some time., July 26 2015
This review is from: Big Little Lies (Kindle Edition)
"This could happen to anyone. " There is more to this book than one meets the eye. The writing style is unique and its gossipy fashion drew me in, despite my reluctance. Wonderful melancholic climactic ending. I can tell this book will be bouncing around in my thoughts for many weeks to come - always a good sign. Highly recommended.

The Stoning Of Soraya M
The Stoning Of Soraya M
Offered by Fulfillment Express CA
Price: CDN$ 28.56
23 used & new from CDN$ 11.80

5.0 out of 5 stars very troubling movie that haunts you for weeks, June 4 2015
This review is from: The Stoning Of Soraya M (DVD)
This movie was brutal but very good. I would recommend it though it is hard to watch at times.

Green Killing Machine Internal 9 Watt UV Sterilizer with Power Head
Green Killing Machine Internal 9 Watt UV Sterilizer with Power Head
Offered by PetsAndPonds
Price: CDN$ 74.99
5 used & new from CDN$ 74.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Algae be gone! Works really well, Feb. 10 2015
This product is amazing.
I had this persistent green water algae problem that wasn't going away. Developed in a week. I bought this and just did 15% water changes twice and within a week, you couldn't even tell there was water at all- that's how clear it is. It looks even better than in the picture, which was 3 days ago.
We're on day 6 and this product has made my aquarium water crystal clear when you couldn't even see the fish before.
PROS: This one comes with its own power head. It's also very quiet.
CONS: Yep, another filter to make room for and plug in. However, I may unplug in soon as this "bloom" seems to be gone. Also, unsightly as you can see it through the water hanging in the back (now that the water is clear! Haha) but I'm putting in some tall plants to cover that up.

Overall- would definitely recommend if algae problematic.

Paddle Your Own Kayak: An Illustrated Guide to the Art of Kayaking
Paddle Your Own Kayak: An Illustrated Guide to the Art of Kayaking
by Gary McGuffin
Price: CDN$ 28.45
25 used & new from CDN$ 10.00

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is beautiful. The format is a little strange to me ..., Aug. 25 2014
This book is beautiful. The format is a little strange to me (width of pages) but the pictures are superb and the info is valuable. I would recommend this book.

Secret Daughter
Secret Daughter
by Shilpi Somaya Gowda
49 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful book, Feb. 20 2012
This review is from: Secret Daughter (Paperback)
While I thought the sections about the Americans was pretty flat, the parts exploring India and their culture were eye opening and inspiring.

La Dolce Vita Cookbook
La Dolce Vita Cookbook
by David Rocco
Price: CDN$ 18.73
14 used & new from CDN$ 12.86

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, July 26 2010
This review is from: La Dolce Vita Cookbook (Paperback)
This is the first cookbook that I read from cover to cover like a book. Rocco's inspiring stories are accompanied by vivid photography. Most of the recipes are incredibly simple and therefore easy to build upon.

Page: 1 | 2