ARRAY(0xacac266c)

Profile for Big-Z > Reviews

Content by Big-Z

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Big-Z (Heavenly Valley, NV United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Local Hero (Widescreen/Full Screen)
Local Hero (Widescreen/Full Screen)
DVD ~ Burt Lancaster
Offered by thebookcommunity_ca
Price: CDN$ 58.40
12 used & new from CDN$ 15.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A Little Gem, March 23 2003
This film is one of my favorites... a little gem that few people have heard about. The story is simple but intriguing, the acting is excellent, characters are interesting and likeable, and the setting is fascinating. I love it and if you are tired of shooting and blood, this one may be for you.

Exotic Sugar Flowers for Cakes
Exotic Sugar Flowers for Cakes
by Alan Dunn
Price: CDN$ 26.30
33 used & new from CDN$ 16.08

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Even If You Never Make the Flowers, March 23 2003
This is a beautiful coffee table book even if you don't ever try to make the flowers. Of course, like most sugar flower making books, this one makes it look easy, but it is extremely difficult and time-consuming even if you have all the tools and have an artistic bent. I bought all the stuff and it just sits in a drawer since the learning curve is great... and I can do almost anything artistic or creative.

Tom Jones (Widescreen)
Tom Jones (Widescreen)
DVD ~ Albert Finney
Offered by WonderBook-USA
Price: CDN$ 49.94
12 used & new from CDN$ 24.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Dated Film, March 23 2003
This review is from: Tom Jones (Widescreen) (DVD)
I had much better memories of this film than reality as the recent viewing proved. I thought fondly of this film after having seen it in the theatre when it was first released. I recently purchased it as a gift for a friend and we watched it for a current review. I was quite bored for the most part and realized that I confused much of it in my mind with Far From The Madding Crowd, which is a better film.

Wild Reeds
Wild Reeds
DVD ~ Élodie Bouchez
Offered by M and N Media Canada
Price: CDN$ 173.87
5 used & new from CDN$ 40.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Flick, Oct. 2 2002
This review is from: Wild Reeds (DVD)
This film is great... engrossing, compassionate, well-acted, sensual, realistic, and believable. Excellent acting, directing, and editing make for a memorable film.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my all-time favorites, March 16 2001
A few slick Hollywood flicks get all the attention, but sometimes gems like this one are barely noticed. This is a wonderful, heart-warming, funny, delightful, sweet film, that has something for everyone. It is at the top of my list, and I never get tired of watching it. It is just as funny and fresh each time. The script is excellent, the direction is perfection, and the acting is endearing. The film was perfectly cast and they all do a thoroughly convincing job. I want to move to Happy, Texas.

EAT THIS TOO: ITLL MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER
EAT THIS TOO: ITLL MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER
by Dom Deluise
19 used & new from CDN$ 1.46

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost As Good As The First One, Jan. 29 2001
This second "Eat This" book is nearly as good as the first: lots of great recipes, fun family stuff, etc. Here we have more bread recipes and finally some good pizza and calzone recipes. There does seem to be more emphasis on dead animal and in a misguided effort to keep fat calories down he uses margarine (a synthetic and dangerous substance that has the same amount of fat as butter, but increases cancer risk) instead of butter. With these few exceptions, I can recommend this book with nearly as much enthusiasm as the first one.

EAT THIS ... IT'LL MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER
EAT THIS ... IT'LL MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER
by Dom Deluise
17 used & new from CDN$ 7.46

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, Simple Italian Cooking, Jan. 2 2001
This book is the best Italian cookbook I have found since it includes so many vegetarian recipes, which is rare in an Italian cookbook, AND recipes do not begin with 2 cups of olive oil and 20 cloves of garlic as other Italian cookbooks do. I love it also for its fun reading and different cookbook style. This one is a winner for lazy cooks like me.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3