Profile for P. Harwood-Jones > Reviews

Content by P. Harwood-Jones

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

P. Harwood-Jones "obsim" (Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada)

My-Zhime: My-Otome Zwei
My-Zhime: My-Otome Zwei
Offered by Sea2SkyCanada
Price: CDN$ 32.95
9 used & new from CDN$ 27.85

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for Hime/otome fans, Dec 31 2011
This review is from: My-Zhime: My-Otome Zwei (DVD)
As a huge fan of Mai-Hime and Mai-otome this was a guaranteed buy. Having already seen the Japanese version I knew what I was in for and this OVA did not disappoint me. The art is fantastic and (as usual) the soundtrack is very good. One word of warning though; if you have not watched mai-otome or mai-hime (or both) this may not be for you as it is very confusing. From the first scene though, I was sucked in as the Meister Otome's had to destroy an incoming meteor that was earthward bound and the whole scene was intense. For all you fans of Arika, Nina, Mai and Mikoto this is definitely worth loking into. Long live Windbloom!!!

Evangelion: 2.22 - You Can (Not) Advance
Evangelion: 2.22 - You Can (Not) Advance
DVD ~ Kotono Mitsuishi
Price: CDN$ 26.71
21 used & new from CDN$ 14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars There is a reason that this was voted best anime of the year, Dec 31 2011
When I first saw this in theatres I was intrigued by the changes that had been made to the original script but I was unprepared for how mind bogglingly good this film is. Now that it has been released on DVD and Blue-Ray it's even better as you can bring that experience home. Evangelion 2.22 is simply put; gorgeous in all respects and I found myself watching it three days in a row. The CGI is tasteful, yet bold and the sound is perfect, I especially like how they brought back so much of the original cast to do the voice acting. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this to anyone, even if they have never before watched anime.