ARRAY(0xbd19cd38)

Profile for Val > Reviews

Content by Val

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Val

The Help
The Help
by Kathryn Stockett
Price: CDN$ 13.36
264 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, Feb. 3 2012
This review is from: The Help (Paperback)
I saw this book for only 9 dollars and had heard good things, and I needed to bump up my purchases so I could get free shipping (haha). So I figured I'd try it out. I found the book amazing, and plan on seeing the movie to see if it lives up to it.

I'd highly recommend it.

French, Basic: Learn to Speak and Understand French with Pimsleur Language Programs
by Pimsleur
Edition: Audio CD
Price: CDN$ 18.80
26 used & new from CDN$ 15.31

4.0 out of 5 stars Works really well, Feb. 3 2012
I'd been working with a different French program that had really helped with my reading and writing French, but not so much with my speaking. I heard about Pimsleur and bought this, and it really does help with memorizing phrases since it's all audio and repeating what you hear.

Though I only gave 4 stars because this package only really told me how to ask directions and order food, and I would assume that "Basic French" Would show you a little more than that. But overall, I enjoyed the product and plan on buying the next in the series of learning disks.

Anysharp Knife Sharpener
Anysharp Knife Sharpener
Offered by langton_distribution
Price: CDN$ 26.02
10 used & new from CDN$ 20.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Works very well, March 31 2011
This review is from: Anysharp Knife Sharpener (Kitchen)
The suction feature is interesting, and very helpful. Very strong. Didn't put chinks in my blades like some other sharpeners have, and sharpens nicely.

Progressive International Set of 6 Chopping Mats
Progressive International Set of 6 Chopping Mats
Price: CDN$ 10.49
4 used & new from CDN$ 10.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Like them for the most part, March 31 2011
I expected them to roll up for storage better since that was an advertised feature, but they are all the right size. Though the chicken board is a bright orange instead of yellow.
Reccommend them if you want to store them by the hole punches instead of rolling them up.

Molecular Gastronomy: Exploring the Science of Flavor
Molecular Gastronomy: Exploring the Science of Flavor
by Hervé This
Price: CDN$ 29.95
33 used & new from CDN$ 21.78

4.0 out of 5 stars Loved the read, seller was very friendly, March 31 2011
I loved the book, the read was great.
The first copy I recieved had a slightly torn cover. I told the seller and he replied very quickly the same day and offered to send me another copy, free of charge, and I didn't have to send the other one back.

I would reccommend this seller. Very easy to work with.