Profile for Mackena > Reviews

Content by Mackena

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Mackena (California, USA)

The Five Love Languages of Children
The Five Love Languages of Children
by Gary Chapman
73 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars WoW...Our family has changed!!!, July 20 2003
I can't speak of the emotion that fills my heart when thinking of this book. It is saving my family! My husband and I now know how to satisfy our children in the most basic of ways...Love!! And I will tell you a secret: They do their chores now with no complaints!! Their "love tanks" are full, and they are happier than I have ever seen them! I think it should be handed out to every parent at the arrival of their new baby.
I also have "The Five Love Languages" and it is just as worthy! This book should be a MUST for every married/dating couple in the world! Actually, I think maybe it should be handed out at birth! LOL It saved my marriage! I kid you not! Our whole family has been reborn because of these books.
I have shared the "love language" books with many people, married, dating, and parents alike, and hope that you choose it too! Your life will be changed for the better. Guaranteed!!

Five Love Languages: How to Express Heartfelt Commitment to Your Mate
Five Love Languages: How to Express Heartfelt Commitment to Your Mate
by Gary Chapman
57 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Saving my marriage!, July 20 2003
I can't speak of the emotion that fills my heart when thinking of this book. It is saving my marriage! My husband and I now know how to satisfy each other in the most basic of ways...I haven't felt so loved in my entire life! This book should be a MUST for every married/dating couple in the world! Actually, I think maybe it should be handed out at birth! LOL
I also have "The Five Love Languages of Children", and it is just as worthy and I think this one should be handed out to every parent at the arrival of their new baby.
I have shared both books with many people, married/dating/parents alike, and hope that you choose it too! Oh, and don't worry if your mate doesn't want to read it...s/he will soon change their thinking once they start feeling their "love tank" filling up! And they will want to do the same for you! Guaranteed!

Teen Witch Kit
Teen Witch Kit
by Silver RavenWolf
Edition: Cards
12 used & new from CDN$ 4.78

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for my 8yr old! WITH GUIDANCE!, March 26 2001
This review is from: Teen Witch Kit (Cards)
(Not so great for the older crowd) I have just recently started sharing my religion with my children. This kit was something my 8 year old son found easy to work with. He really likes it. AND...I think it is better suited for his age group anyway, with the "cheap" items it includes. I think an older "teen" would be insulted by the kits' contents--especially a studied member of the religion. It is definitely for beginners (with a parent's guidance, mind you!). Good start for smaller children. It helps my son feel like he is more a part of our monthly and daily rituals.

Baby Signs
Baby Signs
by Linda Acredolo
65 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Glad to Have it!, Aug. 14 2000
This review is from: Baby Signs (Paperback)
This book is more a case study than an actual instruction book, but the ideas it gives are wonderful!!! It is a great companion book to Joseph Garcia's "Sign with your Baby" book and video. I am glad I got it!