Profile for Justin Hitt > Reviews

Content by Justin Hitt

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Justin Hitt "Helping B2B technical services clients turn business relationships into profits guaranteed" (Williamsburg, VA)

Collaborative Communities
Collaborative Communities
by Jeffrey C. Shuman
21 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Written in exciting manner that keeps your attention, Feb. 1 2004
This book, Collaborative Communities, adds significant value to your understanding of bringing together multiple organizations to serve the all the desires of a certain customer segment. It puts your business in a facilitators role the definitely extends a huge competitive advantage.
Well organized book, I think the end of chapter summaries really save you time. Solid bibliographical references make it easy to get more from practical examples included in each chapter.
You will not be disappointed with the wealth of insight available if you are willing to read past "the most profound implications of the rapid shift." The authors are very enthusiastic in their language, but the underlying message is powerful.

The Elements of Style
The Elements of Style
by William Strunk Jr.
Price: CDN$ 9.86
41 used & new from CDN$ 2.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Keep this book within arms reach for better writing, Oct. 9 2003
This review is from: The Elements of Style (Paperback)
Admittedly I don't have the greatest grammar, but it's getting better each day. I've heard about the "Elements of Style" and feared it would give me nightmarish flash-backs of elementary school English class.
As a management consultant, I deal with abstract terms, jargon, and other things that kill ease of reading. With "Elements of Style" I'm able to cut through the confusion and better convey key strategies to my clients.
While my grammar isn't perfect (yet), at least now I have a handy reference that gives me guidance without getting rapped on the knuckles for not paying attention in class. This short guidebook is so easy to use, I've read it twice, and references it whenever I write.

Selling Your Services: Proven Strategies For Getting Clients To Hire You (Or Your Firm)
by Robert W. Bly
Price: CDN$ 16.70
39 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A well developed, easy to follow resource for professionals, Aug. 20 2003
For over 10 years I've provided management consulting to executives, and now I feel ten times more confident about selling my own services. As with many experts, I know my craft, but before "Selling Your Services" I wasn't clear on how to sell me.
This book has an easy to follow table of contents and is very well thought out. Everything is modeled around a 5 step strategy to sell your services, and covers the differences between product and service provider selling.
Methods shared are clear and easy to understand, applicable for any professional services from lone landscaper selling to consumers through professional business-to-business firms like my own.
While some of the materials were review, I appreciate the great emphasis on building strong mutually beneficial relationships that grow over the long-term. A very important point that makes this book useful even to executives not directly involved in selling.

Becoming A Recognized Authority In Your Filed
Becoming A Recognized Authority In Your Filed
by Robert Bly
20 used & new from CDN$ 6.11

5.0 out of 5 stars Clearly presented, useful information I can use, Aug. 9 2002
A few days ago, I received my copy of "Become a Recognized Authority In Your Field In 60 Days or Less!" and it is remarkable. I'm already doing many of the things noted, however, the details you provide really close the loop in my efforts. For example, the 60-day "Become a Guru" action plan puts each step into perspective helping me to stay focused on my niche and message.
Actually, my niche was too broad and unfocused, until I got this book. The "skills exercise" on page 16 helped me develop a clear assessment of what I can give to my customers. The book told me about the importance of a balanced niche and then throughout the reset of the chapters instructed me on how to share what it means to my customers.
This book is well laid out, easy to read, and knowledge packed. The table of contents is detailed; I find myself using this handbook as a reference tool while developing marketing plans or just tuning my image. Though I could easily reference materials, I think I benefited most from reading the book once from cover-to-cover.
"Become a Recognized Authority in Your Field In 60 Days or Less!" shares what most people feel about gurus, even provides some insights on where to concentrate your efforts. This book isn't going to help you hide a lack of skill. I recommend 'Becoming a Recognized Authority' for anyone who truly has talent to share and is interested becoming the name to know in their target market.

Complete Guide to Consulting Success
Complete Guide to Consulting Success
by Howard Shenson
22 used & new from CDN$ 1.01

5.0 out of 5 stars I have made so many mistakes in the past, but no more!, March 16 2002
I have read other consulting how-to guides, but this one really puts me on the path of more satisfied customers and greater profits. Besides going over contracts, it covers useful elements for websites, strategic marketing plans, and even provides methods to market your services (with examples too)! I should have bought this book when I have my first consulting gig in 1992 it would have saved me thousands.
If you can't afford this book right now, get a used copy while they are available, go to the library, but what every you do get this book. Consider that my free advice to consultants, if you would like to discuss this further, consultations are available.

Elements of Copywriting: The Essential Guide to Creating Copy That Gets the Res
Elements of Copywriting: The Essential Guide to Creating Copy That Gets the Res
by Gary Blake
Price: CDN$ 10.80
46 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful content, great reference source., March 16 2002
Gary Blake and Robert Bly do a great job of bringing the core of copywriting. I find this book more a reference than something I am going to read cover to cover. Great coverage of Direct Mail and writing for the web, all around very useful book in helping my customers become more profitable - plus improve my own sales and marketing materials.
Only caveat, the paragraphs could use a bit more space between them and some other font for headlines would make it easier to read. Outside of that the content is superb!

Tested Advertising Methods
Tested Advertising Methods
by John Caples
Price: CDN$ 17.29
44 used & new from CDN$ 0.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Great resource with practical examples, Jan. 4 2002
Not only the how, but what is shared in a simple easy to use way. Very useful especially the section on how to test your marketing (your ads), much more available than I could find searching around the net. Great how-to, and how-not-to examples.

The Copywriter's Handbook: A Step-by-Step Guide to Writing That Sells
The Copywriter's Handbook: A Step-by-Step Guide to Writing That Sells
by Robert W. Bly
37 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, improve your writing and increase your sales, Jan. 4 2002
Dear Friend:
Have you ever had to write a sales letter? After too many of my own sales letters failing to earn me a penny, costing me more money than I could afford to lose - I picked up The Copywriters Handbook!
Bob's clear language and practical examples got be going again with little money and a lot of real knowledge. If you have to write sales copy in your business, I highly recommend you get this book today...