ARRAY(0xb1703bac)

Profile for fathom > Reviews

Content by fathom

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

fathom

Battery for LP-E8 LPE8 Canon Rechargeable Lithium-ion
Battery for LP-E8 LPE8 Canon Rechargeable Lithium-ion
Offered by Certified Battery
Price: CDN$ 18.67
5 used & new from CDN$ 11.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well for over 2 yrs now, June 12 2013
No concerns regarding the quality of this battery.
I can't really tell the difference between the original and this one performance wise.

Philips HF3470/60 Wake-up Light (White)
Philips HF3470/60 Wake-up Light (White)
4 used & new from CDN$ 184.95

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it, my wife does not, June 12 2013
I have it now for over a year.
I'm not a morning person and really makes a difference.
Con: my wife is a morning person so even at the lowest setting it wakes her up, so she's up 30min than the actual alarm (also means coffee in bed for me though lol).
It's to the point where in the winter, I normally wake up to pitch black, go to the shower light off because I'm still waking up.
Now I have no problem with all the lights on full blast first thing in the morning.
It's not so useful in the summer (unless you want to get up at 3am!).
The radio sounds is tiny but I need more the light than the sound.
The bulb still going strong.

Zojirushi NS-LAC05 Micom Rice Cooker and Warmer in Stainless Steel
Zojirushi NS-LAC05 Micom Rice Cooker and Warmer in Stainless Steel
Price: CDN$ 149.00
7 used & new from CDN$ 149.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Very impressive, Nov. 6 2011
My previous rice cooker of 20yrs have finally given up its soul.
Shipping from Amazon was very fast.
Construction: It's a cute little unit with all rounded corners. Seems very well build, no rattle, no cheap part. The stainless steel warmer is non stick and really heavy (ie no cheap aluminium wall) and retains the heat well. Standard small plastic measuring cup.
Instructions: relatively easy, however deal with some things that are only available in Japan (eg. recipe given says to put 'the seven herbs of spring' (what are those??). This thing cooks rice, so in the end not rocket science to figure it out.
Cooking: PERFECT rice every time, whether it's sushi, basmati, scented long grain. Even tried steel cut oats (needs 1.5-2 times more water). Great to have the delay timer cooking. I would soak the oat overnight then start the cooking at 4am to have a great hot just cooked breakfast. Once done it beeps a silly tune but it's cute just like the look of the machine.
It's just the right quantity for the 5 of us.
Very happy. Hopefully will last another 20yrs.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Just works, Nov. 6 2011
Purchase for office and housecalls and it works well. Picks up weaker pulses without too much problem compared to the $500 ones for one tenth of the cost. Too early to judge battery life but it should last a while. Nice touch to have neck collar and pouch.
Only minus is the 'on' button protrudes and can easily be turned on by accident.
Very happy with the purchase for the price and will get some as Christmas present for some of the nurses!