Profile for telecat > Reviews

Content by telecat

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

telecat

800 Thread Count Egyptian Cotton 800TC Pillow Case Set, Queen, Chocolate Solid 800 TC
Price: CDN$ 59.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful color and silky-soft pillow cases, June 11 2011
I bought extra pillow cases in 800 TC to match my 600 TC sheet set. And they are beautiful! The deep chocolate color goes well with my white duvet cover and looks as good against my ivory-colored walls as it goes with a bright multi-colored bed spread.

They are from the start extremely soft. And, they will get softer with age and washings, which will make these Egyptian cotton pillow cases even better in the future.

This is my third purchase ( each for a set of sheets and an added set of pillow cases) from this company and I intend to get more as I simply love their Egyptian cotton. I feels much better than some I have bought in the past and the colors are incredible. (The quality of the fabric really shows!) Also, the price is good, even when shipped to Canada.

This time, I was lucky enough not to "win" the lotery of Canada customs which CAN add customs fees to pay over any imported goods made outside the free-trade zone of Canada-U.S-Mexico. This is suposedly done on a "luck-of-the draw" basis. (One lotery I don't want to win!) So, it did cost me 15$ extra once on one set of sheets plus an added set of pillow cases. But even with that, the total price was well worth the purchase. As I did not have to pay anythig more on the other purchases, they were a real bargain for the quality and look of the product!

I am one satisfied customer.

600 Thread Count Egyptian Cotton 600TC Sheet Set, Queen, Chocolate Solid 600 TC
600 Thread Count Egyptian Cotton 600TC Sheet Set, Queen, Chocolate Solid 600 TC
Price: CDN$ 179.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful chocolate sheets!, June 11 2011
My brand new 600 TC solid chocolate sheets are fabulous! The deep color is enhanced by the silkiness of the fabric which makes the color even more gorgeous. The 600 sheets are already very soft. (Compared to them the 1000 sheets take a few washings 4-5 to get as soft - even if the 1000 TC felt very good to sleep in right from the start.)But anyway, both the 600TC and the 1000 TC sheets will get softer with age which will make these Egyptian cotton sheets even better in the future. They are a good investment.

I got extra pillow cases in 800 TC and they are perfect! The color goes well with my white duvet cover and looks as good against my ivory-colored walls as it goes with a bright multi-colored bed spread.

This is my third purchase from this company and I intend to get more as I simply love my new sheets. Also, the price is good, even when shipped to Canada.

I was lucky enough not to "win" the lotery of customs which can add 15$ in customs fees to pay over any imported goods made outside the free-trade zone of Canada-U.S-Mexico. This is suposedly done on a "luck-of-the draw" basis. (One lotery I don't want to win!) I had to pay it on one of my three sets of sheets, but even with that, the total price was well worth the purchase.

1000 Thread Count Egyptian Cotton 1000TC Sheet Set, Queen, Blue Solid 1000 TC
1000 Thread Count Egyptian Cotton 1000TC Sheet Set, Queen, Blue Solid 1000 TC
Price: CDN$ 199.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Look, Feel, Color and Quality!, May 11 2011
Amazing service!

I ordered them in the solid blue, which is a much deeper color than most "ice blue" sheets on the market. These will keep their beautiful blue for years. The fabric is somptuous and the sheets will only improve with washing. (Egyptian cotton takes many washings to get at its best.) But these sheets are already a joy to sleep in. And they are beautiful to look at!

What was confusing at first is that there was no tax charged (GST = 0 and PST = 0) it was actually all included in the price. I was afraid that there would be an added tax charge, either for sales tax (GST & PST) or for customs, as these sheets are made in Egypt, and not in US-Canada-Mexico.) But, no, it was all included in the sales price: great deal! Worth the 15$/item shippping and handling charge for Canadian customers. This ended up being a much better than the Costco.ca deals on Egyptian cotton sheets (returned those, which when you add the taxes ended up being much more expensive - for a lower thread count... Great Deal from Amazon and Luxury Bedding!

I'll order more!

600 Thread Count Egyptian Cotton 600TC Sheet Set, Queen, Blue Solid 600 TC
600 Thread Count Egyptian Cotton 600TC Sheet Set, Queen, Blue Solid 600 TC
Price: CDN$ 179.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Deal - Beautiful Color & Quality, May 11 2011
Amazing service!

The company sent me a beautiful, thick, and silky set of sheets with an added set of pillowcases. I ordered 600 TC and they sent me 1000 TC!!!

I'll order more!