ARRAY(0xb3181690)

Profile for N. Powell > Reviews

Content by N. Powell

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

N. Powell "topazzz6" (Albany,NY)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Someone to Catch My Drift
Someone to Catch My Drift
by Jacqueline Powell
16 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Tooooooooo Many Pages, July 15 2004
Ce commentaire est de: Someone to Catch My Drift (Paperback)
This read could have been better minus all the extra pages. This story had wonderful characters and lots of drama but should have had 100 pages less. Then to read all those pages and the ending never really ended. I would like to see this author grow because this book did have potential. But take this out of the library. Don't waste your money.

Trouble Man: A Novel
Trouble Man: A Novel
by Travis Hunter
Price: CDN$ 15.33
21 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Trouble Man, Trouble Man, July 15 2004
Ce commentaire est de: Trouble Man: A Novel (Paperback)
This was an excellent read. It was enlightening as well as enjoyable.It's hard to find a book that you can learn from as well as enjoy for entertainment. My only gripe was that the book wasn't longer. I felt like I knew Jermaine,Calvin,Calvin Jr. and Jermaine's grandparents. This is my second Travis Hunter read. He is going to be added to my list of favorite authors.

Drama Queen
Drama Queen
by La Hunt
Price: CDN$ 16.76
33 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Enough Drama For Your Mama,LOL, July 6 2004
Ce commentaire est de: Drama Queen (Paperback)
This was a Drama fast paced read once it got going. The first few chapters went a little slow for me but after chapter three this book took off and I had to put on my seatbelt. At times I laughed and at one point I even cried. This was well worth my dime. It had drama but also a positive message involved.

Blinking Red Light
Blinking Red Light
by Mister Frisby
19 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!!!!!!!!, July 6 2004
Ce commentaire est de: Blinking Red Light (Paperback)
This is the best book that I have read in a long time. You actually felt like you were in the book. If you want to escape PICK THIS BOOK UP. When the scene changed and the characters were in North Carolina I felt like I was there with them. I was so into this book that in one part the character was eating cracker jacks I had to run out to the store and get me a bag. LOL. Watch Out People this is a new,fresh author and he is going to spin books like ZANE, Gloria Mallette, and Carl Weber.
DON"T GET SALTY.LOL. You have to read the book to know what I mean. This book really deserves way more stars. Please if you are an avid reader don't sleep on Mister Mann Frisby.

Road Dawgz: (Triple Crown Publications Presents)
Road Dawgz: (Triple Crown Publications Presents)
by K'wan
21 used & new from CDN$ 9.22

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Triple Crown Winner !!!!!, June 22 2004
I was getting a little nervous about TCP books until I picked Road Dawgz up. What an insightful read. Real nitty gritty street stuff with some excellent poetry added in. You see many street books have the same ol' same ol' but this book stands on it's own. It reminded me of the story Dutch by Teri Woods very very creative.

Here And Now
Here And Now
by Kimberla Lawson Roby
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: CDN$ 7.59
43 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Reality Fiction At It's Best, June 22 2004
Ce commentaire est de: Here And Now (Mass Market Paperback)
I am starting to think maybe Kimberla Lawson Roby and Eric Jerome Dickey are brother and sister. Because as far as I am concerned they are the brother and sister of REALITY FICTION. It also seems that both can take you right into other people's lives and homes.
In this novel you have two sisters who are very different but so much alike. Each thinks the other has the better life. The grass always looks greener on the other side. When you pick up this novel about Marcella and Racquel be prepared to spend your afternoon with a family while they go through their ups and downs. Until finally both sisters realize to be grateful for what you are already blessed with.

Player Haters
Player Haters
by Carl Weber
40 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Carl Weber Delivers As Expected !!!!!!!!, June 22 2004
Ce commentaire est de: Player Haters (Hardcover)
Carl Weber does not disappoint in his newest novel PLAYER HATERS. This was a very entertaining read like all Weber's books. It grabs your attention from page one. One of my co-workers was reading this book with me and we were supposed to stop at page 150 and we were both finished by morning.LOL. I will not give away the plot because this is one book you have to get for your own stash.

Catfish Quesadillas
Catfish Quesadillas
by Brian Egeston
7 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Mediocre Novel, June 22 2004
Ce commentaire est de: Catfish Quesadillas (Paperback)
This novel was so-so. Mainly a novel written about customer service. What I didn't particularly like was that this book leaves you with the myth that only people of color are mean,rude and nasty to customers. Which of course is not true I have been harrassed in many stores by white men and women who don't have any manners. I am ashamed at this author for displaying all of our people in this negative manner. Although I know this is fiction other races would laugh and believe some of the stereotypes written in this novel.

Dollar Bill: (Triple Crown Publications Presents)
Dollar Bill: (Triple Crown Publications Presents)
by Joy
Price: CDN$ 16.00
14 used & new from CDN$ 0.51

2.0 out of 5 stars Straight Garbage Fo' Sho', June 13 2004
I gave this read two stars only for the first chapter that I had read in the book The Game:Short Stories About the Life. It lead you to believe you really had a juicy story to follow. Well wrong answer this book had a very good plot but the author did not know how to tell a story. If she did Dollar wouldn't have been so stupid. Just doing dumb,mean and evil stuff. I wouldn't recommend this book as a street book because it seems like the same ol' same ol' without any positive message.

Caught Up!
Caught Up!
by Winston Chapman
23 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars I Have To Agree With The Other Reviews, June 13 2004
Ce commentaire est de: Caught Up! (Paperback)
This book was intense and off the hook. Raven Klein does the dayuuum thing in this book. If you want some reality fiction about strippers this is the read for you. Go along for the ride with Raven and her friends. This small town girl does her thing !!!!!!!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10