Profile for Poetkitty > Reviews

Content by Poetkitty
Top Reviewer Ranking: 576

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Poetkitty (Victoria, British Columbia)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Snugg™ iPad 3 & 4 Case - Smart Cover with Flip Stand & Lifetime Guarantee (Red Leather) for Apple iPad 3 and 4
Offered by TheSnugg
Price: CDN$ 69.98

5.0 out of 5 stars very happy with it, March 21 2015
Bought this for my daughter and she's very, very happy with it. It does everything that a Ipad case should do!

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Book 7) [Children's Edition] by J. K. Rowling (2007) Hardcover
by J. K. Rowling
12 used & new from CDN$ 24.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Thanks for a great finale to an amazing series, March 21 2015
This isn't as sparkling as the other books in this series, and I think it's intentional. The protagonists have become young adults and life isn't as neat and tidy as it often appears through a child's eyes.This seems, at times, a little dreary, a little wayward, a little forced. Part of the problem is most of the action takes place outside of Hogwarts, and I consider Hogwarts as a character unto itself. Without giving anything away, this is a necessary and for me at least, ultimately satisfying wrap up to this great series. Rowlings catches all the threads and ties things up, keeping to her themes of love and sacrifice.

Think: Why You Should Question Everything
Think: Why You Should Question Everything
by Guy P. Harrison
Price: CDN$ 13.00
39 used & new from CDN$ 7.80

4.0 out of 5 stars Hone Your Skepticism Skills, March 11 2015
Knowing how prone we human mammals are to thinking biases is a very useful thing to know. Harrison provides great examples on how to toughen up our skills in skepticism. A great companion book for all my books on humanism, atheism, and other similar studies.

Jane Eyre (2011)
Jane Eyre (2011)
DVD ~ Mia Wasikowska
Price: CDN$ 5.99
10 used & new from CDN$ 5.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Flat flat flat!, Feb. 10 2015
This review is from: Jane Eyre (2011) (DVD)
I have 3 versions of this movie and I'm watching this on Netflix right now. My biggest frustration is the lack of faithfulness to the dialogue in the book - which is excellent. What a shame to omit and truncate so much, when Bronte excelled at the banter between the two leads! This lack of banter, the flatness of their conversation, the monotone voices, the lack of animation in general does little to make us believe these people could fall in love. This is a love story. And while the setting is pretty, the costumes good, some cinematography excellent, if the love isn't there, then it's pointless. The best version, by far, is the 1973 version with Michael Jayston and Sorcha Cusack. That version is faithful to the novel, and what it lacks in modern appointments, it makes up for in the absolute tone and flavour of the story.

The Grand Budapest Hotel (Bilingual)
The Grand Budapest Hotel (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Ralph Fiennes
Price: CDN$ 8.88
5 used & new from CDN$ 3.97

4.0 out of 5 stars A quirky and fun ride!, Dec 18 2014
I think you have to get on board for something quirky right off the top or you won't enjoy this much. If you do quirk well, then you'll love this!

National Geographic Concise Atlas of the World, Third Edition
National Geographic Concise Atlas of the World, Third Edition
by National Geographic
Price: CDN$ 19.44
38 used & new from CDN$ 12.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Excellent!, Dec 15 2014
This is exactly what I was looking for - easy to use, read, and decipher! This atlas has it all, but if you want an atlas just to learn the basics, this is ideal! The price-point is amazing too! I would have gladly spent twice this to have such a useful, well organized, and pretty atlas. Something every household should have, I think, and not the old, outdated, cumbersome horrors we used to have!

Masterpiece: Mr. Selfridge Season 2 (U.K. Edition)
Masterpiece: Mr. Selfridge Season 2 (U.K. Edition)
Price: CDN$ 32.99
21 used & new from CDN$ 26.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Addictive!, Dec 11 2014
Just a rollicking, fast paced good time! I watched this on Netflix and it was impossible to watch only one episode at a time. I think season two is better than the first season, with a more compelling story{ies} line, more suspense and the characters more fleshed out. While we are interested in the characters, the mercantile backdrop is so interesting as well. And throw in a war and some scandal and it's a lot to take in! Interesting, compelling and absolutely addictive!

the invisible woman dvd Italian Import
the invisible woman dvd Italian Import
DVD ~ kristin scott thomas
Offered by moviemars-canada
Price: CDN$ 12.67
6 used & new from CDN$ 12.67

2.0 out of 5 stars I love period pieces, Sept. 6 2014
I love period pieces; I love slow paced, soulful, interesting stories. But this just was deadly dull to me. I watched it on Netflix and could not finish it. It defeated me. I don't believe the attraction between the two leads was believable. Dickens wasn't shown as that compelling, and Nelly was luke warm as well. I wasn't even sure that I was supposed to find their relationship romantic or special. Their physical scenes weren't sexy or connected feeling. Their connectedness with relation to his writing, only middling, as well. Overall, a fail for me.

Little Blue Truck Board Book
Little Blue Truck Board Book
by Alice Schertle
Edition: Board book
Price: CDN$ 9.49
88 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Rollicking!, July 3 2014
A rollicking ride! Great rhythm and rhyme, fast paced and exciting, with a great message of teamwork thrown in! Just a great book for wee folk!

Adventures with Barefoot Critters
Adventures with Barefoot Critters
by Teagan White
Price: CDN$ 14.43
41 used & new from CDN$ 7.93

3.0 out of 5 stars While the illustrations are dear, I find them a ..., July 3 2014
While the illustrations are dear, I find them a little complex and small in order to develop an instant connection with them. The rhymes are a little problematic for me too, as they don't scan perfectly. A cute book, but I was a little underwhelmed...

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9