Auto Simple and secure cloud storage Personal Care Furniture Kindle Music Deals Store Fall Tools boutiques-francophones
Profile for Rob > Reviews

Content by Rob

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Rob

Page: 1 | 2
Yes Organic Water-Based Personal Lubricant 2.6 oz [Health and Beauty]
Yes Organic Water-Based Personal Lubricant 2.6 oz [Health and Beauty]
Offered by Beauty Outlet CA
Price: CDN$ 22.98
3 used & new from CDN$ 22.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good lubricant., May 31 2015
This is the best personal lubricant my wife and i have ever used in the 40 years we've been togetther. Since menopause she has found intercourse very painful and none of the other lubricants such as KY worked at all well. Yes seemed to be the answer. The only downsides are that it's a bit messy and must be reapplied fairly frequently.

Easy@Home TENS Handheld Electronic Pulse Massager Unit, Health Canada, FDA and OTC approved Pain Relief therapy Device - a portable Muscle Stimulator for Electrotherapy Pain Management | Pain Relief on the Shoulder, Waist, Joint, Back, Arm,Leg & more
Offered by Easy@Home Medical
Price: CDN$ 39.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Good inexpensive basic TENS unit., April 11 2015
This unit works as well as the much higher priced "as advertised on TV" TENS device that I had which had stopped working. So long as the batteries are fresh the pulses are intense enough for most applications, even if not set at max The only complaints are that it doesn't come with a convenient storage case and the electrode pads lose their stickiness fairly quickly, although I found that if you wet them (saliva will do) they regain most of their adhesive properties. They need to be stored on the plastic sheet which I managed to lose almost immediately, but a piece of plastic wraps works reasonably well.

Tech Armor HD Clear Screen Protector for Apple mini-iPad - 3 pack (SP-HD-APL-MID-2)
Offered by Tech Armor CA
Price: CDN$ 8.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, April 2 2015
Good product. Reasonable price. I bought it mainly to patch the many cracks in my iPad mini's screen and delay the inevitable day when chunks of glass will start falling off. It worked quite well. A bit tricky to apply, I'm glad they provide three of them because I mucked up the first one by not cleaning the screen properly and I misaligned it. Every speck of dust will leave a bubble so clean carefully, using the sticky strips to mop up stray bits of debris. I still found it hard to get it aligned precisely: you'd really need a frame of some sort around the iPad. A small error starting out magnifies as you unroll the backing. Mine was about 1/8th inch off at the far end. Still, it protects what's left of my crumbling screen and has extended ts life until I get around to having it replaced.

HealthSmart Suction Cup Grab Bar with Germ Protection, Sand
HealthSmart Suction Cup Grab Bar with Germ Protection, Sand
Price: CDN$ 24.39
7 used & new from CDN$ 24.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good product, Jan. 28 2015
Works exactly as advertised. I installed it in a shower stall with a smooth plastic tub surround in about 5 seconds. The suction cups are very strong; in fact the danger is that if I grab it too hard I'm afraid it will unglue the tub surround! I've had it up for about a month and the grab safety indicators are still green; no loss of adhesion at all. Ergonomically designed so that it provides a good gripping surface. Also the colour exactly matches the tub surround. All in all, a well designed and practical product.

SUGRU Repair Stick Fix Mould, Silcon Rubber Putty WaterProof (Multi Pack of 8)
SUGRU Repair Stick Fix Mould, Silcon Rubber Putty WaterProof (Multi Pack of 8)
Offered by KiteAndSurf
Price: CDN$ 32.95
6 used & new from CDN$ 30.42

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing fix, Dec 18 2014
I can't believe the good reviews this product received. Maybe mine was stale dated. Basically it's a small quantity of expensive and very sticky goop that is very difficult to mold because it sticks to everything. I tried to use it to repair a broken side view mirror but the results were poor and sloppy looking. It did stick to the plastic housing but it seems to have little structural strength. Would not recommend it.

StressGard II Night Tooth Teeth Mouth Bruxism Guard TMJ
StressGard II Night Tooth Teeth Mouth Bruxism Guard TMJ
Offered by Balkowitsch Enterprises, Inc.
Price: CDN$ 17.94

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not waste your money on this ripoff, Dec 18 2014
This is a complete and total ripoff. Do not waste your money. It's a cheap piece of polyethylene that could not possibly stay in any human being's mouth for more than a few seconds; it is totally and uncategorically useless. I can't believe I paid $18.00 for this 25 cent piece of cheap plastic crap PLUS $16 shipping! I am returning it for a refund if I can but it's probably non returnable because it's a "personal use" item. I am furious.

Dream Essentials Infinity Sleep Mask - Black
Dream Essentials Infinity Sleep Mask - Black
Offered by Dream Essentials Canada
Price: CDN$ 39.95
2 used & new from CDN$ 39.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Sleep on it before buying this uncomfortable mask, Feb. 27 2014
I found this mask to be bulky and uncomfortable and not at all what I had expected for the premium price. It blocks the light wel enoughl, but the nose piece squeeze the top of my nose shut and the ridges around the perimeter, designed to keep the mask fabric from touching the eyes, press uncomfortably on the forehead and under the eyes if you tighten the velcro strap enought to block the light. The strap itself is also uncomfortable, fitting too low on the ears. Maybe I'll get used to it but I certainly did not find it conducive to a good night's sleep.

Adonit Jot Script Evernote Edition Fine Point Stylus for iPad, iPad Air, iPad Mini and iPhone
Offered by Adonit CA
Price: Click here to see our price
14 used & new from CDN$ 39.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing point, Feb. 27 2014
I bought this to be able to write fluidly on my iPad, having found this impossible with my fingertips or the usual fat rubber squishy tips on most styli. This was a disappointment. The writing experience is still not at all natural: there is a small but perceptible time lag between pressing the tip (which requires a fair amount of pressure) and seeing the result. On the whole I don't think it's worth the extra money.

HP EliteBook Revolve 810 G1 Tablet PC - 11.6inch - Intel Core i7-3687U 2.1GHz - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD - Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good laptop but not worth the $$$, Feb. 27 2014
The main reasons I bought this laptop was (a) it was advertised as an ultrabook and (b) it runs Windows 7 instead of the unusable but ubiquitous Windows 8 (which you can optionally install if you're so inclined). The Windows 7 works fine but i's not really an ultrabook -- quite heavy and bulky. It won't break your arm but you'll notice it when it's in your briefcase. Defnitely not a substitute for a MacBook Air. The swivel screen that turns it into a (sort of) tablet is gimmicky and impractical: the result is a very fat and unwieldy tablet that's not very usable. Otherwise it works well as a laptop -- boots up very fast, good but not great screen resolution, handles videos and most apps easily. It's also quite sturdy and should stand up to a lot of abuse. I guess its heftiness is the price you pay for being built like a tank.

TRENDnet Powerline 500 AV Nano Adapter, TPL-406E
TRENDnet Powerline 500 AV Nano Adapter, TPL-406E
Price: CDN$ 34.99
18 used & new from CDN$ 34.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, Jan. 7 2014
I already had the big brother of this adapter (worked great in our basement, which was otherwise a dead zone) and was looking for one to provide connectivity for AppleTV in the family room. Since the model number was not exactly the same I had some fears about compatibility, but it worked flawlessly - just plug and play, worked first time and no problems since. A much better solution to extending wireless range than the various "range extenders" or wireless boosters that I've tried over the years, none of which made any appreciable difference in connectivity. You do need to plug it in and connect to your device with an ethernet cable, but connect it to an inexpensive wireless router and you have an instant mini wireless hotspot.

Page: 1 | 2