Profile for Stumbleduck > Reviews

Content by Stumbleduck

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Stumbleduck

Masterpiece: Casanova
Masterpiece: Casanova
DVD ~ Rose Byrne
Price: CDN$ 29.29
22 used & new from CDN$ 15.79

5.0 out of 5 stars I really love it, April 16 2013
This review is from: Masterpiece: Casanova (DVD)
David Tennant was perfect in Doctor Who.

But before Doctor Who, he was Casanova. And boy was it a treat to watch. I quite enjoy watching it. It's quickly becoming one of my favourite movies.

Essentially, this is about Casanova's life, as told by the elderly/nearly dying Casanova to young kitchen hand. He retells his life from his wordless childhood (until he had his first sexual encounter) and from there how he wooed, cheated, lied and faked his way up through the high ranking societies pleasing every female he could find. Eventually he falls in love with a young lady who happens to be dating a really important guy, who is insanely jealous of Casanova's relationship with her and has him arrested. Casanova of course escapes, and resumes his love making, lying and deception during his escape while looks to be exonerated. Shenanigans happen, he discovers an old flame is now an opium addict. He continues to search for his one true love. The young handmaid who is listening to this story attempts to find his love. I wont say any more than that. Just go watch it. I watched it online first, and then bought it because it was so good. Just do it.

One Line a Day: A Five-Year Memory Book
One Line a Day: A Five-Year Memory Book
by Chronicle Books Staff
Edition: Diary
Price: CDN$ 18.95
31 used & new from CDN$ 8.30

5.0 out of 5 stars One Line A Day, April 16 2013
Good book. Don't necessarily need to write the best moment of your day (or the worst moment) although you could, if you felt like tailoring your writing to a certain theme throughout your life. My only issue, is that it doesn't allow for the day of the week to be written in, so I have to write it on the side of the page. Other than that, its a good little book, easy to lose if you aren't careful. Nice paper, good quality. I can't wait to look back 5 years from now and see how I was doing.

642 Things to Write Journal: A Journal
642 Things to Write Journal: A Journal
by San Francisco Writers' Grotto
Edition: Diary
Price: CDN$ 19.95
15 used & new from CDN$ 19.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, April 16 2013
Is exactly as described. I'm still unsure if I want to write in it, or just use the prompts as prompts written on a computer or in a notebook. I don't have an qualms with it other than perhaps there should be another one of these books. Good stuff.

Nintendo 3DS - Aqua Blue - Standard Edition
Nintendo 3DS - Aqua Blue - Standard Edition
4 used & new from CDN$ 173.15

4.0 out of 5 stars Migraine Inducing even at low levels, Nov. 26 2011
A word of caution: this does cause migraines! I was cautioned by the guy who sold it to me (I bought it at future shop) to start off on low and work your way up, because it does cause headaches. Well, I started so low, it was barely noticeable and within 5 minutes of play, I was dying in a dark room. And that has happened every time I go and try and play the darn thing.

Oh, The guy also said that this console is not for anyone under 12 because they don't know what affects it will have on the brain and eyes of a developing child.

THIS MACHINE WILL NOT UP CONVERT YOUR OLD GAMES TO 3D

Let Them Talk
Let Them Talk

5.0 out of 5 stars A Talented Man's First CD, Nov. 26 2011
This review is from: Let Them Talk (Audio CD)
First off I have to say, this CD is not for everyone. If you like blues, Louisiana style, sung with that southern drawl, then you are out of luck. If You don't mind taking a crack at listing to a British man with a British accent sing, Louisiana style blues, then go for it!

Nearly every song on this CD is my favourite, and I only got it because I am a die hard Hugh Laurie fan. And now I just love blues music!
There was only one track on this CD, that disappointed me, and that was because Hugh, was singing backup and not main vocals.
Honestly his voice is not going to be for everyone, and may take some getting used to, but it's well worth the risk. I absolutely love the CD and hopefully he'll put out another.

Does The Noise In My Head Bother You?: A Rock 'n' Roll Memoir
Does The Noise In My Head Bother You?: A Rock 'n' Roll Memoir
by Steven Tyler
116 used & new from CDN$ 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Undiagnosed ADD?, June 29 2011
First off this book is AMAZING! Clearly this rock god has had one of the most interesting life anyone could have. His writing does appear to jump around a lot however. He'll go from one thought to another with no connecter thoughts, then back to the original thought. Which can be confusing at times. He often gets ahead of himself and then quickly backtracks without telling the reader where he is in his story. Other than that, the book is an amazing read, it's hilarious and endearing at some points. I'd recommend it to any Aerosmith fan or anyone one who wants to read the amazing sex drugs and rock and roll life of one of the sexiest men alive.

The Gift
The Gift
by James Patterson
Price: CDN$ 14.43
60 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars 1984 Meets Harry Potter, April 24 2011
This review is from: The Gift (Hardcover)
It's really amazing. The imagery comes alive and it makes you feel like your there with Whit and Whitsy suffering, along side them. The story grabs you at the beginning and holds on tightly through the rough life of these two extraordinary teenagers. By the end you'll be begging for more.

Pokemon HeartGold Version - Nintendo DS Standard Edition
Pokemon HeartGold Version - Nintendo DS Standard Edition
Offered by Spend & Save
9 used & new from CDN$ 72.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Game on Earth!, April 22 2011
Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I loved the original and this is just as fantastic! there are a little bit of new things, but it doesn't take away from the original game, and it just enhances it's amazingness.

Sims 3: World Adventures Expansion Pack - Standard Edition
Sims 3: World Adventures Expansion Pack - Standard Edition
Offered by geniusgaming
Price: CDN$ 31.89
12 used & new from CDN$ 11.50

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent, April 22 2011
Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
It's a decent expansion pack. I bought it last because the other ones are more fun however my only problem is that it caused a lot of issues and I had to uninstall everything a few times and reinstall all over again.

The Bartender's Black Book
The Bartender's Black Book
by Stephen Kittredge Cunningham
Edition: Plastic Comb
12 used & new from CDN$ 19.23

4.0 out of 5 stars This is a great book if..., April 22 2011
..you already know how to mix drinks. The author does a fantastic cursory look at how to do things in the beginning and then it goes straight into page after page after page of drink recipes. Which I don't mind, thats what I wanted, but theres no other direction on how to mix anything together. Then at the end someone tacked on something from a wine tasting guy, which just seemed really random and out of place. Overall if you just want recipes this is a good book go forth and get drunk!