Profile for Patrick > Reviews

Content by Patrick

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Patrick

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Lego Lord Of The Rings - Nintendo 3DS Standard Edition
Lego Lord Of The Rings - Nintendo 3DS Standard Edition
Offered by Chitchats
Price: CDN$ 19.10
20 used & new from CDN$ 13.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Really hated that game. Boring, no fight, no real puzzle, walk walk and walk into a one way path., Sept. 14 2014
I played Batman on the WII and also LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes on the 3DS. I though that it would be nice to play too. Wrong! This game is really about walking. You have little fights and almost nothing more. Their is so much characters that they had to tell you which one to choose for every puzzle because you wouldn't remember which has which power. Also, between level, you do not go back all the time on the same central place so you become lost about the in-between world. You also do not have a lot of liberty so you are always walking from left to right. It is the first time that I do not finish a computer/console game in the last 30 years. I did try to like it since I loved other Lego game but this one is just a non sense. I did try the game for about 3 hours.

The Butterfly Effect (L'effet papillon) [Blu-ray]
The Butterfly Effect (L'effet papillon) [Blu-ray]
30 used & new from CDN$ 5.98

5.0 out of 5 stars The only Butterfly Effect movie that is worth it, June 10 2014
This movie is the first of a series and also the only one you should get. Love Kutcher and how everything changes depending of how his interaction in the movie. Worth watching!

Undisputed Truth
Undisputed Truth
by Mike Tyson
Price: CDN$ 19.75
36 used & new from CDN$ 14.02

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good, June 10 2014
This review is from: Undisputed Truth (Hardcover)
I read about 25% of the book and the life of Mike Tyson is unbelievable. I learnt a lot of thing from his childhood and understand more his reaction, up and down of his life. I got the book for less than 20$ and it worth it. Not only the content of the book is interesting but also the quality of the paper, the cover and color photos make this book great to read. It is rare that you can have a hardcover book at that price with color pages.

If you are interested into detail of how a champion grow and a champion fall, this book is definitely a buy.

*Edit*
I have almost read 90% and I can tell you that this book is a must for anyone who want to see through the eyes of a champion it raises and fall. It is unbelievable how Tyson lives his life. He could have been so much a greater champion without having all these girls, sex and drugs problem. I never thought that he had this kind of life. This book is well written and details, bad or good are written. I really think that the story written in this book is the real one. I cannot believe someone who could have imagine all these stories. Highly recommend this book.

Empire State of Mind: How Jay-Z Went from Street Corner to Corner Office
Empire State of Mind: How Jay-Z Went from Street Corner to Corner Office
by Zack O'Malley Greenburg
Price: CDN$ 11.55
38 used & new from CDN$ 5.86

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a well organized book with a lot of blank space, April 14 2014
I wanted to like this book but a lot of thing are missing. I am not yet done with my reading but have read almost 25% of it in two hours. This book does not have a lot of words even if it has over 250 pages. A lot of gap appears in the sequential of the story. Two decades are covered in the first 25%. And, a huge problem is that we move from one part of Jay Z to another without any logical order. For example, some paragraph are in 2003 and the next one can come back in 1998. Also, friends of Jay Z are not well described. We have a short idea of who is everybody but we do not know any details about how they become closer. Some people have few lines more but the rest is very dry. In fact, Beyonce is introduced during the description of a basketball match... weird... she is his wife now and I were expected to know how to get to know each other... but like I say, I am not done with the book yet and since the book is not in chronological order, I suppose that I will get this information later on. For all these reasons, I am not really hook to this book and I am really glad that I have not paid more than 12$ because it does not worth more in my opinion. Too bad.

Inception / Origine (Bilingual) [Blu-ray]
Inception / Origine (Bilingual) [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Leonardo DiCaprio
26 used & new from CDN$ 4.94

5.0 out of 5 stars The story of this movie is awersome, April 2 2014
I love the story and Leonardo is still very impressive. This movie require you to have all you attention to the story because it is complicated. The concept of be able to slow down the time by going into dreams are interesting.

The Adventures of Tintin / Les Aventures de Tintin : Le Secret de la Licorne (Bilingual) [Blu-ray + DVD + Digital]
DVD ~ Jamie Bell
23 used & new from CDN$ 7.49

5.0 out of 5 stars My first Bluray, April 2 2014
This is my first bluray for animated movie and it is very well done. The story is interesting that graphics are very well done. I recommend to anyone that like Tintin and animation movie.

Masters of Doom: How Two Guys Created an Empire and Transformed Pop Culture
Masters of Doom: How Two Guys Created an Empire and Transformed Pop Culture
by David Kushner
Price: CDN$ 14.40
22 used & new from CDN$ 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book, I do not want to stop reading it!, April 2 2014
I have bought this book few days ago and I cannot stop reading it. It is well written and even if I have read only about 50 pages, I cannot stop reading it. I like the way chapters are divided so far. It is easy to understand each characters and to understand how they travail through their life to become those great developers. I think that this book is a must read for those who has played Commander Keen, Wolfenstein and Doom. Being a developer myself, the story of the glory of nerds always intrigued me. If you are in the IT domain, I suggest that you read this book.

Edit:
I am done with this book. I read it within 2 weeks. One of the best book I have read of my life. It is awesome to see the rise and fall of John Romero and see how John D. Carmack seem to be so in control but cold in the same time. The only negative comment that I have is that it ends at 2003. I had to go on Wikipedia to know what happen from there :) A highly recommend book if you like real story of fame that does not end the way you may think.

Gadget Technologies Sphere  SP9882 Lightphoria Sad Light Therapy, 10,000 Lux
Gadget Technologies Sphere SP9882 Lightphoria Sad Light Therapy, 10,000 Lux
Price: CDN$ 83.82
9 used & new from CDN$ 65.00

3.0 out of 5 stars I have used this light for 2 months and it is okay, Feb. 26 2014
I do not feel myself more energetic but I feel that I miss it when the light goes down. I guess it is because my body love it. I have to use it in maximum level for 1 hour to see a little change. Not very sure if it is the lamp or me that is not for this kind of lamp. I am not disappointed but not happy.

Shutter Island (Bilingual) [Blu-ray]
Shutter Island (Bilingual) [Blu-ray]
Price: CDN$ 9.93
8 used & new from CDN$ 5.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Leonardo and the story, Feb. 26 2014
The story is good from the start to the end. Leonardo is acting perfectly and create confusion until the last minute.

Legend  of Zelda Link Between Worlds - Nintendo 3DS
Legend of Zelda Link Between Worlds - Nintendo 3DS
Offered by WiredVillage
Price: CDN$ 34.99
26 used & new from CDN$ 32.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This game is awesome, Feb. 16 2014
I played about 75% of all Zelda game in my life. This one is very good. I was not sure about the fact that all items are available very soon in the game. But, it is something new that does not kill the game. I found it very interesting. I love the fact to switch to 2d to move on wall too. It has two maps that are very huge and the transportation system is interesting. I have played 9 hours so far and from what I see, I have only get 2 pictures of 7. So I am guessing that I still have for more than 30 hours to play. Side quests are fun too. I recommend this game to all Zelda fans and to all people that want to start with Zelda franchise. Finally, I love the way it is not 3d but pseudo 2d/3d.

The 3ds dual screen is perfect to switch items fast and to let you pin important part of the map. Controls are very easy to use.

Edit:
I have finished the game. I tooks me 28 hours and I have played less than 14 times! Each time almost 2 hours of time. This mean that I was not able to stop playing because I loved the game. I really like the 2d style of the game and the story is great. I really think I will redo the whole game with the "advanced setting" that is available once the game is done.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3