Profile for Shantelle > Reviews

Content by Shantelle

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Shantelle

Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS7 12.1 MP Digital Camera with 12x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom and 3.0-Inch LCD (Blue)

5.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic Lumix, Dec 27 2010
I bought this camera for myself for Christmas.... LOVE it. It takes great pictures is easy to use and was sent to my promptly. The only problem I had was I didn't realize I had to phone the company to set up paying for the taxes before they would send it'I thought Amazon would just add on the taxes and charge me. But once that was done I had no problems.

Kingston 8 GB Class 4 SDHC Flash Memory Card SD4/8GB
Kingston 8 GB Class 4 SDHC Flash Memory Card SD4/8GB
Price: CDN$ 9.36
25 used & new from CDN$ 7.52

1.0 out of 5 stars memory card, Dec 27 2010
There is nothing wrong with the memory card it works just fine and was sent to me promptly. Why I only gave it one star was because it came in a HUGE box with nothing else but stuffing and they charged me $4.48 to ship it when they could have just put a stamp on an envelope and mailed it. Crazy stupid charge for shipping and handling.

The Encyclopedia of Illustration Techniques: A Step-By-Step Visual Directory of Illustration Techniques and an Inspirational Gallery of Finished Art W
by Chatherine Slade
20 used & new from CDN$ 23.12

4.0 out of 5 stars Illustration Techniques, Nov. 2 2010
This is a great reference book if you are looking for different kinds of techniques for illustrations using traditional means. It gives great explanations and descriptions on how to do different types of illustrations such as working with different materials like pastels, water/oil painting, working with charcoal and many more. This is a hands on book and does not deal with PhotoShop or any digitally based techniques.

Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac Home & Student Edition
Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac Home & Student Edition
2 used & new from CDN$ 178.00

3.0 out of 5 stars For all those Mac users office 2008, Oct. 3 2010
I bought Office for Mac 2008 and when I installed it it installed fine but would not do the updates. Then it told me to uninstall and reinstall, after doing this several times and still having no luck. I tried to go to the Microsoft website to ask for help and it would not take my product key. I did some research and for Mac users with this problem you have to install the product a certain way and delete some internal files. I found help at

[...]

I did the step by set instructions (some type errors are in the instructions but fairly straight forward) and now I am having no problems.

Hope this helps

1998 Taste of Home Annual Recipes
1998 Taste of Home Annual Recipes
by Julie Schnittka
41 used & new from CDN$ 5.27

5.0 out of 5 stars Taste of Home Cookbook, Aug. 20 2010
I have two of the Taste of Home cookbooks 1998 and 1997, that my Mom had passed down to me when I move out as a teenager. I love that there are lots of pictures and the recipes are easy to make and ingredients are usually on hand. I use them quite regularly and am very happy with both of them.