Profile for LDakake > Reviews

Content by LDakake

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

LDakake "cruisemagic"

Healing Trust
Healing Trust
by Nancy Thomas
Edition: Audio Cassette
9 used & new from CDN$ 80.76

5.0 out of 5 stars Where do I get the next cassette??, May 28 2001
This review is from: Healing Trust (Audio Cassette)
I have ordered, read, and studied RAD for 2 years, after having a daughter, adopted from Russia at age 14 who has this. This author made cassettes that were easy to listen to, funny and lighthearted at times, yet very informative. My husband, who will read nothing, even listened to them. I didn't have to nag, either! He want's to know what the dad is supposed to do with these children... the tape focuses on the mom. To follow her advice, you could not be a working mom, however. We are ready for tapes #3 and #4!

The New Oxford Picture Dictionary: English-Russian
The New Oxford Picture Dictionary: English-Russian
by E.C. Parnwell
19 used & new from CDN$ 17.47

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for U.S. people adopting Russian children!, May 23 1999
We got this book to assist us with teaching our soon to be adopted 14 year old daughter English. The pictures are all coded with a number, and at the base of each page, there is a Russian and English word for what the numbered item is, in the picture. The dictionary shows various situations as one large picture: For example, each room of the house, and each item in each room is labeled. Also, school rooms, bus stops, all kinds of foods and "things". Airports, relationships (family tree), body parts, clothes, feelings, situations and so much! This is an awesome tool to use in communicating with someone of any age who speaks Russian and needs to communicate to you in English. (Or vice versa). I will also know by our daughter pointing to a picture and then the number associated with it, that we are talking about the exact same thing. She can read the Russian word, and I will tell her (pronounce) the English word. So, we are sure to be talking about the same exact thing. Paperback and easy to carry around. Very clever!