Profile for GTWDY > Reviews

Content by GTWDY

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

GTWDY

The Wall (Immersion Edition)
The Wall (Immersion Edition)
Price: CDN$ 99.72
23 used & new from CDN$ 99.72

1.0 out of 5 stars No DVD Audio 5.1 Remix In This Set, Why??????, March 4 2012
I was so disappointed that there was no DVD Audio 5.1 version of this album included in this set. After all, this is the landmark album that sent this group into the popularity of many people that otherwise would not have listened to this group like me. Hey I even bought tickets at $550 to see the wall concert when it comes to TO in June, goes to show you how important this Album was, and still is to generating money.

Yes, it was my choice to buy this box set, and after purchasing Dark Side Of The Moon and Wish You Were Here and listening to it in DVD Audio, I was so looking forward to hearing the Wall in a surround remix. Why not with this Album?????? Can someone tell my why????? Quite honestly, I only purchased the other two sets because of the DVD Audio mix, and took it for granted that this box set would have it as well and did not even check. Oh well, my mistake, just goes to show, do not take things for granted.

I do not comment on any other offerings in this set, as I am not interested in them, but if you like this sort of stuff, it is kind of cool to have, but what would you actually do with it other than have it collect dust, It is not from the original tour, all remade stuff, so not collector material and even more so if you opened the box.
All I wanted was a DVD Audio 5.1 Surround remix of this album. I guess I still need to wait.

Area 51: An Uncensored History of America's Top Secret Military Base
Area 51: An Uncensored History of America's Top Secret Military Base
by Annie Jacobsen
42 used & new from CDN$ 1.74

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good read about the Area 51 base., July 23 2011
I just finished reading this book and after reading the first review posted I was concerned I ordered something I would regret. I thought this book was great. The title of the book is Area 51, not Roswell, Aliens, Space Ships, etc. It is an interesting view based on statements of those who worked there on what actually did go on that we can now learn about at this secret installation. I rather enjoyed how we are taken through the years of Area 51 and which major event in history at the time involved the use of the are and resources at Area 51.

It has always been, and because of the freedom of information act more so, that many things had gone on good & bad, without the knowledge of the American people and the authorities because these projects were considered for the benefit of the American security of it's people and interests.

As only little drabs and dribbles of information is made available over time, it is important that authors continue to write books like this to provide a different perspective on a subject based on the most current details being made available. 10, 20, 30, years from now that information will be different again. So, for one person Lazar is a hero for speaking to what he was able to see when he said he worked at Area 51. To others he is a crazy cook who is making the entire thing up. How this books deals with topics like this is to provide some background information that others who were interview spoke to that might just make you wonder if Lazar is tell the truth about what he did see? The cool thing is that you draw your own conclusion and no one can say it is wrong or right, it is just the facts being presented, and that is what an investigative reported does.
If you are interested in topics of this nature, and some insight into the covert operations that could have take place, well, you will like what is presented in this book.

The previous review made a comment about the aliens at Area 51 actually being an experiment on humans and that is how the author lost all credibility. To me the person who wrote the review has little or no credibility because they are not open to other possibilities, and have precluded a conclusion based on all hearsay in peoples reports and encounters with UFO's and Aliens. I for one found this presentation a little too probable considering everything that was going on at the time and the secrets that were being kept.

Man has been a very destructive force in history, greed, power, and wealth have always drive the desire to concur and rule. No country, man, or being is void of this. We all want more and many will do anything to obtain it.

Keep in mind, it is a book about the Area 51 base and what may have happend there over the years.Area 51: An Uncensored History of America's Top Secret Military Base