Profile for Mara > Reviews

Content by Mara

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Mara "marapem" (United States)

Exit Wounds
Exit Wounds
by J.A. Jance
47 used & new from CDN$ 0.51

5.0 out of 5 stars THIS IS FOR WAYNE HARDY, Sept. 19 2003
This review is from: Exit Wounds (Hardcover)
I saw your customer review, and I am writing to tell you that you have the read the JOANNA BRADY series starting with DESERT HEAT to understand what Joanna's life is about. I just got the book from the library and haven't had the chance to read it.

Summer in Tuscany: A Novel
Summer in Tuscany: A Novel
by Elizabeth Adler
32 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars IT WAS WONDERFUL AND A KEEPER, July 12 2003
Every now an then, I have the chance to read a book that just takes me away, lets me fall in love with the characters, and lets me enjoy a part of a life that I don't get to experience right now. I really fell in love with this book and all of the characters.
I am an avid reader, and I have read books that have been okay, mediocare, etc. but every so often a book comes along that I fall in love, it has something to say to me, and I learn something.
I put this book on the top of my list of VERY FAVORITE BOOKS. It just swept me off my feet.
Since I am a widow, and have had a hard time of letting somethings go in my life, I could absolutely understand where Gemma was coming from. Chase was the love of her life, and I could feel how torn she was between Ben and Chase. I could also understand how she felt that she was being disloyal to Chase by loving Ben.
I got a kick out of Rocco and Nonna. They were cute. I laughed out loud when Ben walked in on Muffie and Livvie after coming back from town. I could understand the horror of seeing Muffie's green hair. Having raised a daughter I know what goes thourgh the mind of a teenager and preteen.
Maggie was wonderful----She had just the right of color to be eccentric.
Anyone wonder if there ever was a Mr. Donati????? Who care's it was a great story. I hope Elizabeth Adler writes a sequel because I sure would like to know whtat happens to Ben, Gemma, Muffie, Livvie, Rocco, and Nonna.....Would you?????
IF ANY ONE HAS A COPY OF IT, IN MY MIND IT'S A KEEPER!!!!!

Killjoy
Killjoy
by Julie Garwood
Edition: Audio Cassette
4 used & new from CDN$ 18.39

4.0 out of 5 stars FELT SOMETHING MISSING, July 12 2003
This review is from: Killjoy (Audio Cassette)
I just finished listening to KILLJOY a few days ago. I liked the story, but I felt a bit cheated by the fact that Julie didn't bring Jilly (Mom) and Avery (Daughter) together in a more climatic ending between the two of them.
I suppose I have either read or listened to so may of these books by Romance?Thriller authors that I feel a bit jaded at times.
I can't say that I disliked the book, but I guess I felt something was mixing and not as climatic as I thought it should have been.

The Summerhouse
The Summerhouse
57 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT BOOK, June 13 2003
This review is from: The Summerhouse (Hardcover)
Whether a reader liked THE SUMMERHOUSE or not, I think the premise was great.
Who wouldn't want to go back in time and and relive and maybe change a bit of the out come of a particular time in one's life.
There have been many times I wish I could find a lady like Madame Zoya, who could transport me back.
It was a great read!!!!!

Wishes
Wishes
47 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A VERY BIG FAVORITE, June 10 2003
This review is from: Wishes (Mass Market Paperback)
Over the years I have read a lot of ROMANCE BOOKS, and have my favorite authors, etc. WISHES is one of my favorite Jude Deveraux books, next to MOUNTAIN LAUREL.
I like the fact that Nellie (Heroine)was the perfect heroine that is usually portrayed in ROMANCE BOOKS. It was a lovely book and I think fondly of it when ever I think of it.

The Mulberry Tree
The Mulberry Tree
Price: CDN$ 36.12
36 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read, June 7 2003
This review is from: The Mulberry Tree (Hardcover)
I loved this book. It had been quite a while since I read a Jude Deveraux book. It was like getting back on a bicycle---You never forget the thrill of it. I loved this book. It was a great page turner.

Mortal Sins
Mortal Sins
by Penelope Williamson
Price: CDN$ 27.54
28 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read, June 7 2003
I finished this book in about 3 days. I absolutely couldn't put it down. It practically had me sitting on the edge of my chair. It's not often that a book such as MORTAL SINS really grabs me and keeps me enthralled for 3 to 4 days. I look forward to reading Penn Williamson's THE WAGES OF SIN.

Perfect
Perfect
by Judith McNaught
Price: CDN$ 9.92
106 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars PERFECT, March 5 2002
This review is from: Perfect (Mass Market Paperback)
Though it has been sometime since I read this book, I always fondly remember the good laughs I have regarding some of Judith McNaught's character.
I don't think I will ever forget in how hard I laughed reading what happened at a baseball or softball game just before Zack and Julie's wedding. I was almost rolling around my living room and tears were running down my cheeks. I have not had such a good laugh since.

Captain Newman MD [Import]
Captain Newman MD [Import]
DVD ~ J.K.Rowling
Offered by gabysbookscanada
Price: CDN$ 13.90
7 used & new from CDN$ 13.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Captain Newman, M.D., April 6 2001
This has always been one of my all time favorite movies. I loved Gregory Peck and Angie Dickinson in their parts, but what sold me on the movie were Tony Curtis and Larry Storch. They were excellent comedy reliefs with heart. I encourage everyone to see it. It has a lot heart and compassion.

For the Roses
For the Roses
by Julie Garwood
Price: CDN$ 9.49
95 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars For The Roses, March 17 2001
Over the years I have read many romance books, and I have like some, and then there are the ones I wasn't crazy about.
Even though I read FOR THE ROSES some years ago, I can still remember to this day. It is one of my favorite romance books. It is always on my top ten list. I know Julie Garwood wrote, the little sequels, ONE PINK ROSE, ONE RED ROSE, and ONE WHITE ROSE were good, but not as good. COME THE SPRING was great, but of the 5 books, FOR THE ROSES was the best.