Profile for M. Schoch > Reviews

Content by M. Schoch

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

M. Schoch "Reader" (Toronto Canada)

Page: 1 | 2
Global Vision Chicago Padded Riding Glasses (Black Frame/Blue Lens)
Global Vision Chicago Padded Riding Glasses (Black Frame/Blue Lens)
Offered by ECTrade
Price: CDN$ 10.49
2 used & new from CDN$ 10.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Darker then most others we tried, Aug. 15 2014
The Glasses work and have a darker Blue lens then most other Blue lens glasses my wife tried. The padding makes them comfortable, but they can also fog up a bit.

La Grande Roue
La Grande Roue
Price: CDN$ 18.07
14 used & new from CDN$ 17.07

4.0 out of 5 stars Love his music, Jan. 15 2014
This review is from: La Grande Roue (Audio CD)
Adamo has a great voice. Sings in many languages and has some excellent songs. He reminds me of Chris de Burgh. They are both good story tellers.

Anysharp Knife Sharpener
Anysharp Knife Sharpener
Offered by Cessna Sales CA (ships from UK - 18-26 days delivery)
Price: CDN$ 51.43
6 used & new from CDN$ 51.43

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but it eats away to much metal, Jan. 15 2014
This review is from: Anysharp Knife Sharpener (Kitchen)
This is overall a good product. The suction cup really holds the the sharpener in place. You can apply different degrees of pressure for sharpening. If you use cheap knives you may not have any qualms about it. My knives good and not cheap. The problem with this sharpener is that it is very aggressive in taking metal of the blade, and I don't see the need for being that abrasive on a knife just to sharpen it.

Zojirushi SW-EAE50XA Stainless Steel Food Jar
Zojirushi SW-EAE50XA Stainless Steel Food Jar
Price: CDN$ 34.53
4 used & new from CDN$ 34.53

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product that I use daily, Jan. 15 2014
Its a stainless steel container, inside and out except for the lid, and does not seem to have a coating inside like some others.
I use this food Jar to keep my soup hot for lunch when I go to work. I fill it with home made soup early in the morning and then eat it about 6 hours later. The soup is still relatively hot. My biggest problem with other thermoses was that they don't keep things hot enough for me. I don't like warm food, it has to be relatively hot. So this container addresses the temperature problem. It also has a wide mouth so I can use a soup spoon to eat out of it. Have to give it 5 stars because I use it daily and it keeps the food hot for a long time.

BakeWise: The Hows and Whys of Successful Baking with Over 200 Magnificent Recipes
by Shirley O. Corriher
Price: CDN$ 29.47
33 used & new from CDN$ 19.71

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, but not for beginners, Jan. 15 2014
The book has recipes, I have not tried any of them and most likely will never try them. So please keep that in mind when reading this review.

This is a excellent book, but not for everyone and not for beginners. I use this book to help solve problems with some recipes that I'm developing. I want to create some breads and cookies. In the various sections in the book, after each recipe there is a breakdown on how each ingredient impacts the recipe. Which is exactly what I'm looking for. It also has some hints on how to manipulate the a recipe with the ingredients so to get the right characteristics. So If you trying to understand a ingredients impact and get a better understanding on the science behind baking then I think this book is well worth it.

AT&T 210 Corded Phone, Black, 1 Handset
AT&T 210 Corded Phone, Black, 1 Handset
Offered by E-TRONIX
Price: CDN$ 14.99
20 used & new from CDN$ 12.48

4.0 out of 5 stars Made for human Size, Jan. 15 2014
I bought this phone because unlike most other phones I looked at the hand set is of good size.
Most new phones have handsets made for children, just to save money. I'm happy with this phone.
Cables could be longer, but then I have a longer one from my old phone

Retirement's Harsh New Realities: Protecting Your Money in a Changing World
Retirement's Harsh New Realities: Protecting Your Money in a Changing World
by Gordon Pape
Price: CDN$ 17.33
13 used & new from CDN$ 3.53

5.0 out of 5 stars Good and Scary, Jan. 28 2012
I really liked this book a lot. For so many that have not focused on doing some saving for retirement this book will be scary. If you are at all concerned about retirement and how much money you may need, but don't really know how to go about figuring out all the details. This book is for You. Gordon Pape does a good job explaining the CPP and other retirement income you may qualify to receive. Gives you the ins and outs for Canadians. I Own many Gordon Pape's books and this one is the most blunt and direct about the lack of taking care of our own part of the retirement equation. I highly recommend this book. But You also should get some other books as well. Specifically to understand what investments do fit your need. This books does cover some of that, but I find that if you read more, you are more likely to get to a method for saving the really works for You and Your situation.

The Standard & Poor's Guide to Building Wealth with Dividend Stocks
The Standard & Poor's Guide to Building Wealth with Dividend Stocks
by Joseph Tigue
Price: CDN$ 19.50
25 used & new from CDN$ 0.29

2.0 out of 5 stars This Book is now dated, Jan. 28 2012
After having read a number of books on investing, I found that this book has lost most of its value. It was published around 2006. Many of the companies listed have gone bankrupt or no longer exist for other reasons. You are better off getting "Income Investing Secrets" by Richard Stooker, its current and has a lot more good advice and investment approaches.

Income Investing Secrets: How to Receive Ever-Growing Dividend and Interest Checks, Safeguard Your Portfolio and Retire Wealthy
by Richard Stooker
Price: CDN$ 21.89
19 used & new from CDN$ 15.28

4.0 out of 5 stars Many Interesting Strategies, Jan. 28 2012
Found this to be a really good and insight full. It contains some really good advice and many ways to invest that I have never heard off. As I'm currently reading a lot about investing and how to invest for retirement I found this to be one of the best books on Income investing. One thing that I noticed, all income investment books seem to do is to invest for the long term and never sell your stock. I for one do not like that approach very much, mainly because If I pay lets say $ 50 for a stock that pays $ 2 per year on dividends, I still pay $ 50 for it. If that stock goes up enough, or down its a good candidate to sell. And buy again when the price is low. I'm not a believer in holding for ever, as most companies don't last for ever. Like with everything related to investing, You need to stay on top of it. For other investments than stocks, which there a are many explained in this book, I think it is more reasonable to hold for the long run and re-invest. I would recommend this book to anyone why is looking to invest for income.

The Great Crash Ahead: Strategies for a World Turned Upside Down
The Great Crash Ahead: Strategies for a World Turned Upside Down
by Harry S. Dent Jr.
Price: CDN$ 23.99
52 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Demographics shows the way, Nov. 24 2011
This book more than anything focuses on the Boomer's. They are about to retire and will spend less, this will have a big impact on the economy. This is a well researched book with lots of details about Americas Debt, as well as the debt of other nations and how leaders don't seem to consider demographics in the equation. This is one of my 3 best books on this topic.

Page: 1 | 2