Profile for M. McKay > Reviews

Content by M. McKay

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

M. McKay (Downey, CA United States)

In Rock
In Rock
Price: CDN$ 5.00
14 used & new from CDN$ 5.00

4.0 out of 5 stars The Third Band in the Early Metal Trinity, June 17 2004
This review is from: In Rock (Audio CD)
I first came to this record when I was in the 7th grade seeking out early heavy metal bands to brag about rather than the ole Guns N Roses and Metallica shtick that everyone was into around 1990 or so. I originally planned to buy "Machine Head" but found the song titles on this one much more interesting and "heavy." I got in home and put it on and was knocked off my feet! The opening blast of "Speed King" completely floored me and I was dragged through the whole record by the throat without mercy! On the cassette version, side one closed with "Into the Fire" and side twos line up was "Flight of the Rat," "Living Wreck," and closed with "Hard Lovin Man." I still think that track line up worked better. Yes it's true that "Fireball," their 1971 follow up was better paced and had a bit more variety but if you want STRAIGHT FOR THE JUGULAR...this ones it! I recently repurchased it on CD after quite a few years without it and fell in love with it all over again! WHY CLASSIC ROCK RADIO DOSEN'T PLAY "FLIGHT OF THE RAT" IS BEYOND ME!!! The song is practically punk rock and makes you want to start slamming! Well, I do know why....because it was not a "hit single" or a "single" at all. Someone just needs to be informed about it! It's an awesome track! Needless to say, this album surpassed Zeppelin and Sabbath for me back then and it might just do the same for you! Check it out!