Profile for barbara > Reviews

Content by barbara

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

barbara (, Ontario Canada)

The Bookseller
The Bookseller
by Mark Pryor
47 used & new from CDN$ 1.44

5.0 out of 5 stars yay for bouquinistes!, Sept. 11 2013
This review is from: The Bookseller (Paperback)
I was waiting for this book because I wanted to read it before the second in the series, The Crypt thief. Am waiting for the third to be published.I like books with a Paris setting. I noticed a few errors in the first one, but the second one must have been more carefully proof read. I liked the main character and the back story that allowed him to operate as he does in Paris.

The Cave and the Cathedral: How a Real-Life Indiana Jones and a Renegade Scholar Decoded the Ancient Art of Man
by Amir D. Aczel
Price: CDN$ 21.56
23 used & new from CDN$ 5.50

5.0 out of 5 stars super book, Feb. 15 2013
I read this book from the library and then ordered it because it was such a good summary of paleolithic art with a history of the various theories to date--beautiful colour plates too.

Carcassonne: IGN2345E
Carcassonne: IGN2345E
11 used & new from CDN$ 13.70

2.0 out of 5 stars not as labeled, Feb. 15 2013
This review is from: Carcassonne: IGN2345E (Map)
I was disappointed because I was expecting a large detailed city map of Carcassonne instead of a tiny corner of a large map of the area. Given the label of the map, that's what I expected.

Eyewitness Travel Guides Japan
Eyewitness Travel Guides Japan
by Dorling Kindersley
29 used & new from CDN$ 1.13

4.0 out of 5 stars eyewitness japan, June 28 2009
I always enjoy the eyewitness series; just one slight flaw--the printing plate must have slipped, because pp.408 and 416 are blurred-part of the index and part of the vocabulary. Otherwise, an excellent book