Profile for The_miss > Reviews

Content by The_miss

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

The_miss "miss_c_bong"

The Undomestic Goddess
The Undomestic Goddess
by Sophie Kinsella
Price: CDN$ 19.44
74 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Funny As Always, Sept. 5 2005
This review is from: The Undomestic Goddess (Hardcover)
I have read all of Kinsella's books and I have yet to be disappointed. In her newest book, she waves another tale of hilarious fiction that follow the lead female from the strict confines of a law office, were she isn't appreciated, to becoming a maid/cook at a wealthy house in the country. Kinsella's females characters are both realitically chamring and as bumbling as everyone is from time to time. Though the events in this book seem rather...unrealistic, she writes in such a way that makes even the biggest sceptic laugh out loud and fall in love with every character.
If you are looking for a light but really good book, I highly suggest this one. You really won't be sorry.

Dime Store Magic: Women of the Otherworld
Dime Store Magic: Women of the Otherworld
by Kelley Armstrong
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
18 used & new from CDN$ 1.52

5.0 out of 5 stars Remarkably Supernatural, Sept. 5 2005
I'm not going to write another synopsis of the book, as there are already plenty posted below. I have been reading Kelley Armstrong's books when I first stumbled upon her first book, Bitten, and have been eagerly waiting for her books to come out ever since. I honestly buy her books the day they come out, and I can assure you, this one is amazing. She is such a talented writer! Her characters are always intriguing, realistic and exciting. Her stories are creative and imaginative and have me flipping through every single page in one sitting. This is the kind of book that you will enjoy and never forget.