Profile for Blu man > Reviews

Content by Blu man

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Blu man "Blu" (Canada)

Page: 1 | 2
Clueless: "Whatever!" Edition  / Les collégiennes de Beverly Hills : Édition «Pas rapport!» (Bilingual)
Clueless: "Whatever!" Edition / Les collégiennes de Beverly Hills : Édition «Pas rapport!» (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Stacey Dash^Donald Faison^Brittany Murphy^Paul Rudd^Alicia Silverstone
Price: CDN$ 6.99
6 used & new from CDN$ 3.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Great movie with broad appeal, July 27 2014
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
Stands the test of time -- one of my favourites of the genre (along with Mean Girls)

Firefly The Board Game
Firefly The Board Game
Offered by The Digital Vault
Price: CDN$ 68.77
3 used & new from CDN$ 68.77

5.0 out of 5 stars True to the show and an excellent game in itself, July 27 2014
I bought it to take away on our family vacation for something different to play ("kids" are 19 & 13). While it took some time to get through the rules due to the depth of play, it was worth it. For the first game we just focused on getting jobs and ignored the overall story card (objective) and that was a great way to get familiar with the core elements without pressure to compete. After that, it was so enjoyable we played every day.
We are all fans of the show and the game elements really mirror it closely, making us want to re-watch the series. It's great to see references to favourite things like Vera and Jayne's Cunning Hat.
Two things to keep in mind... you need a lot of table space, and it can take a while to play (most of our games ran 3 hours, but it never seemed tedious).
If you are a fan of the show, you'll love this game, and if you aren't you'll still really enjoy the well-designed gameplay.

Modern Family: The Complete Third Season
Modern Family: The Complete Third Season
DVD ~ Ed O'Neill
Price: CDN$ 26.98
25 used & new from CDN$ 19.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious!, March 7 2014
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
Happily, each season still manages to retain your interest -- I am halfway through the fourth and it's even funnier.

Pyle-Pro PCBLG7F3 12 Gauge 3-Feet 1/4-Inch Male To 1/4-Inch Male Speaker Cable
Pyle-Pro PCBLG7F3 12 Gauge 3-Feet 1/4-Inch Male To 1/4-Inch Male Speaker Cable
Price: CDN$ 7.54
13 used & new from CDN$ 7.54

1.0 out of 5 stars Cable was DOA, Feb. 20 2014
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
Swapped it in for my existing cable and it didn't work. Checked the ends and it didn't appear to be a solder break, so must be the wire itself. I took a chance on this given the crazy low price as an add to cart, but it was a waste of money.

Modernist Cuisine: The Art and Science of Cooking
Modernist Cuisine: The Art and Science of Cooking
by Nathan Myhrvold
Price: CDN$ 623.68
17 used & new from CDN$ 590.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!!, July 21 2012
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
I must say I didn't realize what a giant (and heavy) collection of books this is! Although I'm still working my way through the first volume, I can say they are a wonderful indulgence with lots of gorgeous pictures but best of all, the "why" behind anything to do with food and cooking. If you are an inquisitive cook and can afford them, I'm sure you'll find this set fascinating.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, Feb. 20 2012
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
The different grains were interesting but not worth the extra cost that comes with it being a sampler. One column only made a small batch with my popcorn maker.

Lady and the Tramp (Diamond Edition) [Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy]
Lady and the Tramp (Diamond Edition) [Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy]
DVD ~ Larry Roberts
Offered by M and N Media Canada
Price: CDN$ 99.82
11 used & new from CDN$ 39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic, Feb. 20 2012
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
Lots of family fun with excitement, humour, and romance that won't have the kids squirming - basically everything you'd expect from a classic Disney film. One of my favourite parts of this movie is the background animation, which comes through beautifully in this blu-ray version (check out the grain, patina and lighting on some of the wooden objects in the house).

Snapper [Import]
Snapper [Import]
DVD ~ Colm Meaney
Price: CDN$ 15.95
20 used & new from CDN$ 9.59

4.0 out of 5 stars Heart-warming humour, Feb. 20 2012
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
Ce commentaire est de: Snapper [Import] (DVD)
This installment of Roddy Doyle's Barrytown trilogy translates very well to the big screen. Like the book the characters are warm, funny, and engaging and the cast does a great job of making them feel real. On more than one occasion I found myself muttering one of their colloquialisms after the movie.

If you like this, you should check out The Commitments and The Van to round out the trilogy, both of which have the same warmth.

My Neighbor Totoro (2-Disc Special Edition) [Import]
My Neighbor Totoro (2-Disc Special Edition) [Import]
DVD ~ Timothy Daly
Price: CDN$ 23.88
29 used & new from CDN$ 18.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful family entertainment, Dec 28 2010
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
I've owned this movie for at least 10 year and my children and I have watched it over and over as they have grown. I have just bought extra copies for my young nieces. It's charming and funny and will entertain anyone from about age 4 up. The key elements of the story line are easy to follow and the children in the movie do some of the strange little things that kids do when confronted with unusual situations, which make them seem real and endearing. Sometimes the translated dialogue comes out a little clumsy, but for me, it adds to the charm.

Don't worry if you are not a fan of anime or are turned off by the coarse looking character animation -- by about 15 mins into the movie you won't even care. This is classical animation, not multi-billion polygon computer animation, and Miyazaki and his animators create gorgeous backgrounds that capture glorious mixes of form and shadow for their characters to play in. My kids and I have often commented when traveling, "Those look like Totoro clouds" or "Camphor tree!! Camphor tree!!".

Pick up this classic - you won't be disappointed!

3rd Rock from the Sun: Season 2 [Import]
3rd Rock from the Sun: Season 2 [Import]
DVD ~ John Lithgow
Price: CDN$ 22.38
14 used & new from CDN$ 9.85

4.0 out of 5 stars If only there were glasses..., Feb. 21 2010
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
Equally as enjoyable as the first season as the actors begin to really own the characters. Only downside with this season is the lack of 3D glasses to watch the special episodes -- I remember watching it in 3D when first aired and it was great. FYI, I've tried red/green and polarized glasses from other movies and they didn't work.

Page: 1 | 2