Profile for bushwackeratv > Reviews

Content by bushwackeratv

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

bushwackeratv

Le Pan TC 970 9.7-Inch Multi-Touch Google Android Froyo 2.2 OS
Le Pan TC 970 9.7-Inch Multi-Touch Google Android Froyo 2.2 OS
3 used & new from CDN$ 219.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Dinosaur No More, Dec 4 2011
For the past couple of years I wondered what all the hype was about. To me "touch screens" seemed unproductive, just another marketing gimmick, I'll stick with my mouse, win7, and my full size keyboard, besides my thumbs were just too big for these devices. I was a dinosaur and liked it! Been that way since my first Vic-20 (1982).

All of that changed a week ago, "I'm a dinosaur no more". After reading the reviews for the Lepan TC 970, and $169 price (I spend more than that on some ink cartridges), I bought one.

After charging it up, and reading the manual, I turned it on, nice resolution, plenty of preloaded apps, not too bad so far. I turned on the wifi, and it easily picked up my SSID, and connected. I started up the browser, and noticed it was very slow, what's going on? After many hours of troubleshooting, I read about the WPA2 problems, so I then reconfigured my router to WEP, but same thing it would connect and then disconnect. I then checked out some posts of other people with the same problem, but no real solutions. So I started trying different router configurations, then BINGO, using WPA Personal, BG Mixed and 3600 sec, key renewal it worked! A stable connection -57dbm (100%), downloaded WiFi Analytics to monitor the signal, never lost it again.

Discovered the "Market", amazing place, download apps for free? ARE YOU KIDDING! never heard of anything like this before. It not only downloads these apps in lightening speed, it installs them and automatically updates them, amazing stuff to me. Voice commands, GPS built in, Google Earth, Google Maps, Navigator, all good stuff. I wouldn't want to be in the handheld GPS business!

RECOMMENDATION: Best thing I ever bought, best value, fun, usefulness, if you are thinking about it don't, just buy it. Also battery last a VERY long time.
NEGATIVE POINTS: 1. Minor stuff, but these tablets are made for "right handed" people. Meaning I instinctively pick it up with my right hand, and hen peck with my left, but that means I'm always pressing some button accidentally, because that's where the buttons are. Ok you think just turn it upside down which is what I did but it seems unnatural.
2. Screen is highly reflective and get covered with fingerprints quickly, I ordered a screen protector so this may help.

Kudos to the LEPAN team for designing such an amazing value/performance based tablet. Also Amazon for the best place to research anything!