Profile for B. Mitchell > Reviews

Content by B. Mitchell

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

B. Mitchell (Ottawa, Canada)

Keurig KU5092 K Cup Storage Dispenser, Black
Keurig KU5092 K Cup Storage Dispenser, Black
Price: CDN$ 24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Be careful with size!, Jan. 2 2014
Be aware that the DEPTH (not the height) of the dispenser is 11.5 inches. My cabinets are 11.25 deep - so close!

But I so wanted these bins to work that I played around with the placement until I got something workable by lining the dispensers up at the outer edge of the cabinet door rather than at the hinge end. This isn't where I wanted to put them on the shelf, but there was less interference and the cabinet doors are very close to being fully shut - the slight bump-out of the door isn't really all that noticeable. It's just inconvenient that I can't put the dispensers exactly where I want them.

Overall, I'd say the product is well designed, appears to be well made, and the price is right. Refilling the dispenser is far more convenient than using the "drawer" types of storage systems - just dump the K-cups in the top of the bin and you're done. Very clever system.

Brew and Save Refillable K Cup for Keurig Brewers, 2 Count
Brew and Save Refillable K Cup for Keurig Brewers, 2 Count
Price: CDN$ 11.99
4 used & new from CDN$ 7.67

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, Jan. 1 2014
I used the little refillable K Cup for the first time this morning and I'm glad to say that it made a good cup of coffee. I used a regular grind, nothing special, and it was just fine.

A reviewer mentioned that she ruined two cups by not inserting the cup properly into the Keurig. I think she was correct that the instructions weren't clear that you have to line up the notch on the cup with the notch on the Keurig, but the moral of the story is DON'T FORCE IT. (That is so true of life generally, don't you think?) If you encounter resistance it means something isn't fitting correctly. A quick inspection reveals a notch (actually, more like an arrow) on both the cup and the Keurig and lo and behold, when the notches are lined up there is a perfect fit.

I highly recommend this product. I will continue to buy prepackaged K cups for variety, but the refillable cup will definitely be my go-to for a quick cup 'o joe.

Pyle-Home PCL103 Screen/LED and Keyboard Cleaner
Pyle-Home PCL103 Screen/LED and Keyboard Cleaner
Price: CDN$ 14.19
5 used & new from CDN$ 14.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Great screen cleaner, Dec 12 2013
I was very impressed with the cleaner and the microfiber sponge it comes with. It did a great job and the sponge was easy to clean. I bought it because it was on sale, and I'm very glad I did!

BlackBerry Playbook Convertible Case
BlackBerry Playbook Convertible Case
Offered by Canada sales
Price: CDN$ 26.99
5 used & new from CDN$ 13.49

5.0 out of 5 stars I Wish I Had Gotten This Sooner, Nov. 15 2013
Honestly, the only thing that kept me from purchasing this product sooner was the price, but I was able to buy it on sale here at Amazon and I must say that I love it. I use my Playbook almost exclusively while in bed at night, but it's too heavy to hold onto for very long. I'm able to place the Playbook in its convertible case on top of a pillow and enjoy it hands-free.

The only downside is now I'm on the internet way too late into the night because I no longer experience fatigue in my hands and arms!

The Delinquent Teenager Who Was Mistaken for the World's Top Climate Expert
The Delinquent Teenager Who Was Mistaken for the World's Top Climate Expert
by Donna Laframboise
Price: CDN$ 22.52
17 used & new from CDN$ 18.35

5.0 out of 5 stars IPCC Disgrace, Feb. 9 2012
The entire world should be screaming bloody murder at the sham perpetrated by the IPCC. I finished reading this book and started re-reading it right away. I was so shocked by what I read the first time that I just had to read it again to make sure I wasn't misunderstanding. It appears I understood correctly the first time.

This book isn't making any claims about AGW one way or the other. It is, however, exposing the IPCC's slipshod work, accepting non-peer reviewed materials, allowing conflict of interest to run rampant and playing fast and lose with generally accepted scientific methods. IPCC = find the evidence to support your theory. Disgusting.

And shame on the countries of the world who have accepted the IPCC's word as gospel. You deserve to have lost those billions of dollars for your sheer naivete and gullibility, if not downright collusion. Unfortunately, some of the money you lost was MINE.

How the Granola-Crunching, Tree-Hugging, Thug Huggers are Wrecking Our Country
How the Granola-Crunching, Tree-Hugging, Thug Huggers are Wrecking Our Country
by Lowell Green
Price: CDN$ 20.65
15 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Straight Talker, July 20 2010
Lowell, as usual, is able to peel back the layers and layers of leftard lies and hypocrisy to find the ugly truth below.

He was politically incorrect before it was popular. If you've enjoyed reading his other books or listening to him on the radio, this book will not disappoint.