Profile for Peter > Reviews

Content by Peter

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Peter

Acer Aspire 15.6" Notebook Computer (5745-5978W7HP)
Acer Aspire 15.6" Notebook Computer (5745-5978W7HP)
Price: CDN$ 779.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, May 10 2012
ust received mine today. I can't really give a full review on it but from what I see so far everything works perfectly. The keyboard is very nice and spacious. It's very responsive and you don't need to press it hard at all. A problem I had with my previous laptop was overheating issues, this laptop barely gets hot when I run several applications (I guess the 6GB ram helps a lot). The battery life is average, you can squeeze 2.5 hours if you put it on low settings. My main gripe is the sound especially with headphones. The sound is very muffled and low, I thought it was the audio drivers but I checked and it was up to date. I recommend getting a usb sound card if you want to listen to music clear, that will solve the problem. The touchpad can get a little inconsistent with its sensitivity. There are times when I barely touch it and it responds, then there are times when I tap it multiple times and I get nothing. The settings can be adjusted through the control panel along with other crazy things. You can rotate objects with the touch pad and zoom and page scroll with it too. There are probably a few more tricks I haven't found yet but that's just one of the great things with this laptop.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice, May 10 2012
If you're after a laptop that's stylish and powerful, then the HP Pavilion DM4 certainly looks the part, with it's patterned aluminium keyboard surround and lid, and it's no slouch under the hood either. I use mine for development, and its dual core i5 is perfectly capable of running the copy of x64 Windows 7 that it comes pre-installed with, as well as a development environment and a couple of virtual machines, and represents a bargain at this price. The battery life is pretty good too.

If you are looking for a machine to play the latest games, however, you may want to look elsewhere, as this has a screen resolution limited to 1366x768 and no dedicated GPU.

The keyboard has a small travel distance and has the Apple-style key spacing, but it's snappy enough that you know when a key has been pressed. Unfortunately, the F-keys default to their alternative functions such as volume and other media controls (to actually press F2, for example, you need to press Fn + F2). A neat idea for a multimedia system, I just wish I could turn it off for when I'm using the real F-keys. The trackpad is also quite sensitive and takes a little getting used to, particularly since there's no divide between the pad itself and the L/R-click buttons just beneath it.

The gorgeous surround and lid top isn't quite matched by the glossy plastic screen bevel or the matte plastic backing, and there's a few pieces that move more than they should, including part of the screen bevel and the mains port.

But despite the glitches, niggles and minor issues, you can't really argue with the raw performance at this kind of price.

QuickBooks Pro 2012: Small Business Accounting
QuickBooks Pro 2012: Small Business Accounting

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, May 10 2012
Thanks all for your comment and that make me more confident to buy this product because normally i do not know about that. Thanks very much

Fosmon Smart Cover Companion Flexible TPU Case Cover for Apple iPad 3 "The New iPad" 3rd Gen 4G LTE, iPad HD (2012 Model) and iPad 2 3G+Wifi - Clear

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, May 10 2012
Although this kind of cover can not be used for a long time but it is very good at the first time within a reasonable price .