Profile for S. Wood > Reviews

Content by S. Wood

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

S. Wood

Seascape
Seascape
Price: CDN$ 5.11

5.0 out of 5 stars More than just a "beach read", but just as fun!, April 3 2013
This review is from: Seascape (Kindle Edition)
Sexy, fun, wonderful storytelling, loveable authentic characters!

"Seascape" is a well-written contemporary novel with a perfect mix of real-life drama, humor, suspense, romance, and sex. More than just a "beach read", but just as fun!

I think most readers will identify easily with Skylar Shay having a dilemma, a choice to make that could determine the rest of her life, and perhaps change all of her current relationships....which choice will you be rooting for her to make? Enjoy!

Greg Wood III
Greg Wood III
Price: CDN$ 12.59

5.0 out of 5 stars distinctive vocals / awesome guitar! Pop rock with classic rock guitar undertones, Sept. 13 2011
This review is from: Greg Wood III (Audio CD)
Great music for anyone who enjoys classic and pop rock music with distinctive vocals (kind of sounds like Chad Kroeger of Nickelback or STP vocalist) and excellent guitar! There are 4 tracks that really stood out for me - Little While, Cocaine Lover, Fly Away, and Whiskey Smile are definite favourites. Checked out his website [...] and found free songs to listen to / unreleased tracks, cool photos, etc. Definitely a new artist worth checking out!

Under My Skin
Under My Skin
by Judith Graves
Price: CDN$ 19.39
15 used & new from CDN$ 3.65

4.0 out of 5 stars great storytelling, Oct. 5 2010
This review is from: Under My Skin (Paperback)
I only read this book because the author was coming to do an author visit at our book club / library. It is not something I would have chosen to read on my own, and was the first "vampire" book I have ever read. That being said I enjoyed reading the novel, Judith Graves is a good storyteller, with a great sense of humour. Enjoyed learing more about paranorm / folklore surrounding werewolves, vampires, sprites and such.

Dancing at the River's Edge: A Patient and Her Doctor Negotiate Life with Chronic Illness
by Alida Brill
Price: CDN$ 21.56
30 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars an interesting and seldom heard perspective, June 21 2010
What initially attracted me to this book is also in fact what I did find the most interesting about it.....hearing about autoimmune disorders and the people who suffer from them from both a patient's perspective, and even more unusual from a doctor's perspective. The only slight drawback of the book is that not all of us who suffer from these types of diseases have the good fortune to be close personal friends with a doctor with expertise and such compassion, so I feel this patient's experience is quite extraordinary, certainly not one most of us could ever have....how lucky she is!It was quite informative to read about how the doctor decides how much info. to give the patients at any given time along the journay from diagnosis to prognosis and day-to-day living with their AI disease. Well worth the read.