biss boutiques-francophones Learn more Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno vd2016beauty Up to 40% Off CBC's Canada Reads 2016 Shortlist
Profile for Steve L. > Reviews

Content by Steve L.

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Steve L. (Waterloo, ON Canada)

Killer (180g) (Vinyl)
Killer (180g) (Vinyl)
Price: CDN$ 44.09
12 used & new from CDN$ 44.03

5.0 out of 5 stars Overall, a great addition to my collection, Sept. 30 2015
This review is from: Killer (180g) (Vinyl) (LP Record)
With the mixed opinions present on this 180g re-issue, I hesitated to purchase it for a long time. After finally giving in to curiosity, I bought it (locally for less) and am quite pleased with it. The overall sound quality is in my opinion, nicer on the ears than the crap CD release by Warner Bros. With a good turntable, amp and speakers, this will delight those seeking the analogue warmth of LP that cd cannot deliver. If you are purchasing only to listen to in the background, any copy of this recording will do. But.. if you want to pull up a chair at the right "sweet spot" in your room, I think you will be happy with this purchase. Great spacial separation, and more dynamic range than the original pressing. My *only* negative would be the surface noise on the vinyl on first play sounded a bit more like I've owned it for awhile... other than that, great purchase.

Stone Temple Pilots (Deluxe)
Stone Temple Pilots (Deluxe)
Price: CDN$ 25.00
24 used & new from CDN$ 10.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what you've been waiting and hoping for...., May 26 2010
WOW!!! This cd is a return to what put STP on the map. After the somewhat disappointing (to me at least..) Shangri-La Dee Da cd, listening to this cd for the first time blew me away! EVERY track is signature STP. The sound is tight, the songs are well written and sung only the way Scott can do, and the production is superb. You will LOVE every minute of it, order it NOW, or RUN to your cd store to buy it, put it in your car player and ROCK your socks off! Now... to see it LIVE! :-)

Stone Temple Pilots
Stone Temple Pilots
Offered by Fulfillment Express CA
Price: CDN$ 27.81
49 used & new from CDN$ 7.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what you've been waiting and hoping for...., May 21 2010
This review is from: Stone Temple Pilots (Audio CD)

David Cook
David Cook
Price: CDN$ 10.99
50 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Debut Cd, Nov. 20 2008
This review is from: David Cook (Audio CD)
This debut cd from American Idol winner David Cook is excellent! I am SO relieved that the producers of the cd allowed him to just "be himself" as the disc thoroughly reveals. All of the tracks on this cd are awesome driving rock tunes. No dogs on the whole disc. Pick it up for sure, you will be happy you did.

In This Life
In This Life
Offered by Fulfillment Express CA
Price: CDN$ 20.03
30 used & new from CDN$ 0.87

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!! Amazing debut cd, Aug. 28 2008
This review is from: In This Life (Audio CD)
WOW!!! This is one of the best debut cd's I've heard. It's REALLY good heavy guitar rock (not heavy metal), sounds a bit like Daughtry, only better, I think... (and I'm a huge Daughtry fan!)

I personally think that if this band gets the promotion that they deserve, they will become one of the biggest selling acts from Canada. I know that's a big statement, but you have to hear the cd to know what I mean.

Buy it, plug it into your car cd player, and get ready to roll!!!