march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools Family
Profile for Bonnie Way > Reviews

Content by Bonnie Way

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Bonnie Way (BC, Canada)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
OtterBox Symmetry Series for Samsung Galaxy S5-Frustration-Free Packaging-Teal Rose (Blaze Pink/Light Teal)
Price: CDN$ 41.87
4 used & new from CDN$ 35.87

5.0 out of 5 stars Love my new case!, Jan. 11 2016
Love my phone cover! Because I already had a PhantomGlass screen protector, I only wanted a case for the rest of my phone. The Otterbox case is sturdy and pretty and fits my phone perfectly. :)

Grieving the Child I Never Knew: A Devotional Companion for Comfort in the Loss of Your Unborn or Newly Born Child by Kathe Wunnenberg (2001-03-01)
by Kathe Wunnenberg;
4 used & new from CDN$ 24.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Book for Grieving Moms, Jan. 11 2016
Beautiful!!! This is a tender, gentle, healing book for moms who have lost babies, either before or after birth. While I haven't faced this myself, I have walked with friends through this loss and heard their stories. This is a much-needed book, as there are few resources for moms who have faced miscarriage or stillbirth. Our society seems to think that this loss doesn't matter and that moms should just "get over it." Kathe helps moms find hope and healing after their loss, while also acknowledging the depth of their grief and giving them time and space to process that grief. Kathe writes from a place of loss herself, and from her own pain reaches out to help others. This book would make a lovely gift for a friend or family member who has lost an infant.

Princess Joy Sticker and Activity Book
Princess Joy Sticker and Activity Book
by Jeanna Young
Price: CDN$ 4.99
23 used & new from CDN$ 0.26

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful books for girls, July 27 2015
My girls are huge fans of the Princess Parables books so they were very happy to see the sticker and activity books. My five-year-old had a lot of fun writing a birthday invitation, finding the right stickers, and doing the other activities in this book. I love the way these stories also encourage their faith and other virtues. And because we have three girls, it's fun to read stories about five sisters who are also good friends and have fun together. The drawings are adorable and the books are printed on high-quality, glossy paper. Overall, very impressed with these books and would definitely get the whole set for my daughters - or as gifts for their friends.

Princess Charity Sticker and Activity Book
Princess Charity Sticker and Activity Book
by Jeanna Young
Price: CDN$ 4.99
24 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Girls' Sticker Books, June 19 2015
My daughter did nearly all the activities in this book as soon as I gave it to her. We love the Princess Parables so she had so much fun doing stickers and activities with her favourite stories. I love the faith expressed in these books and the subtle lessons she's learning while having fun. The book itself is also printed on high-quality paper with durable stickers. Overall, we were all impressed!

A Thing Of Beauty
A Thing Of Beauty
by Lisa Samson
Price: CDN$ 19.98
30 used & new from CDN$ 0.57

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, Thought-Provoking Novel, March 3 2015
This review is from: A Thing Of Beauty (Paperback)
I thought this was one of Lisa Samson's best novels yet. I love her language, her writing style, the way she describes things in a way that makes me think about them again. So many times I reread sentences and paragraphs just to savour the descriptions. I also LOVE Samson's characters - quirky and fun and so unique! Fiona felt so real to me and I appreciated Samson's tact in not throwing a ton of backstory at us; we are kept in Fiona's present as she struggles to face her daily life and deal with the sudden upheavals that occur. She's pushed out of her comfort zone into a new awareness of herself and the friends who surround her. I was enjoying this novel so much I didn't want it to end. :) I could go on and on, as there were so many things I liked about this novel (and Samson is one of my favourite novelists).

The Berenstain Bears and the Biggest Brag
The Berenstain Bears and the Biggest Brag
by Mike Berenstain
Price: CDN$ 4.98
23 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great New Berenstain Bears book by Mike Berenstain, Jan. 23 2015
I think this is one of the best Mike Berenstain books I've read. It reminded me of the original books, with a great story about Brother and Sister Bear and a good lesson contained in the story. My girls enjoyed listening to this story and I loved seeing where the cubs' imagination took them. Mike does a good job of weaving faith into the story. This is a book I'm proud to have on my bookshelf and hope my girls will read it lots.

The Legend of St. Nicholas: A Story of Christmas Giving
The Legend of St. Nicholas: A Story of Christmas Giving
by Dandi Daley Mackall
Price: CDN$ 21.00
40 used & new from CDN$ 0.27

4.0 out of 5 stars A Story of Giving, Nov. 20 2014
Beautiful illustrations and a great story make this a perfect Christmas book, for either a gift or as part of Advent preparations. Daley tells the legend of St. Nicholas through the eyes of Nick, a modern-day boy who is shopping (reluctantly and last-minute) for gifts for his younger brothers. Drawing on legends of St. Nicholas' wealth and generosity, Daley imagines the saint as a young boy traveling the world. The story impacts Nick and shows him changing his views on Christmas at the end of the story. This is a great way to discuss the legends behind our modern-day Santa Claus and what Christmas really means.

The Mess Detectives and the Case of the Lost Temper
The Mess Detectives and the Case of the Lost Temper
by Karen Poth
Price: CDN$ 4.97
28 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun Easy Reader, Sept. 18 2014
This little book was so much fun to read together! My daughters and I are huge VeggieTales fans, so we all enjoyed reading a book about our favourite tomato and cucumber. My oldest is in Grade 1, so this book offered some pages she could read easily and a few words to challenge her (perfect for reading together). I also appreciated the lessons she learned while reading, about working together and losing your temper. Lots to discuss, with cute pictures and Larry's typical understated humour in narrating the story. :)

Veil of Secrets
Veil of Secrets
Offered by HarperCollins Canada Limited
Price: CDN$ 11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Second Novel from Powerhouse Writing Team, Aug. 13 2014
This review is from: Veil of Secrets (Kindle Edition)
VERY GOOD! This is the second book I've read by Shannon Ethridge and Kathryn Mackel, and I think it's even better than their first. :) Especially since most of the plot of this novel was based on an American presidential election, and I'm a very non-political Canadian - but I still found it intriguing and page-turning! Shannon and Kathryn create real, interesting, unique characters who pull you into their story and make you want to keep reading to find out what happens next. I heartily recommend this novel.

Sarah's Choice
Sarah's Choice
by Rebecca St. James
Price: CDN$ 19.99
22 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Excellent Novel by Two Talented Writers, July 21 2014
This review is from: Sarah's Choice (Paperback)
I became a huge fan of Nancy Rue and Rebecca St. James when I read their first novel, The Merciful Scar, so I was very excited to get my hands on this novel. And I wasn't disappointed. Sarah's story grabbed me from the opening lines, even though I had a pretty good idea what the plot would be, and I wanted to get to know her better and find out what happened. Nancy and Rebecca have a gift with words and storytelling, drawing us into the life of someone so that we understand their problem and empathize with them and want them to find a happy ending. I really enjoyed this novel and I highly recommend it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7