Profile for Bonnie Way > Reviews

Content by Bonnie Way

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Bonnie Way (BC, Canada)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Princess Charity Sticker And Activity Book
Princess Charity Sticker And Activity Book
by Jaqueline Johnson
Price: CDN$ 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Girls' Sticker Books, June 19 2015
My daughter did nearly all the activities in this book as soon as I gave it to her. We love the Princess Parables so she had so much fun doing stickers and activities with her favourite stories. I love the faith expressed in these books and the subtle lessons she's learning while having fun. The book itself is also printed on high-quality paper with durable stickers. Overall, we were all impressed!

A Thing Of Beauty
A Thing Of Beauty
by Lisa Samson
Price: CDN$ 14.21
31 used & new from CDN$ 0.21

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, Thought-Provoking Novel, March 3 2015
This review is from: A Thing Of Beauty (Paperback)
I thought this was one of Lisa Samson's best novels yet. I love her language, her writing style, the way she describes things in a way that makes me think about them again. So many times I reread sentences and paragraphs just to savour the descriptions. I also LOVE Samson's characters - quirky and fun and so unique! Fiona felt so real to me and I appreciated Samson's tact in not throwing a ton of backstory at us; we are kept in Fiona's present as she struggles to face her daily life and deal with the sudden upheavals that occur. She's pushed out of her comfort zone into a new awareness of herself and the friends who surround her. I was enjoying this novel so much I didn't want it to end. :) I could go on and on, as there were so many things I liked about this novel (and Samson is one of my favourite novelists).

Berenstain Bears And The Biggest Brag
Berenstain Bears And The Biggest Brag
by Mike Berenstain
Price: CDN$ 4.49
32 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great New Berenstain Bears book by Mike Berenstain, Jan. 23 2015
I think this is one of the best Mike Berenstain books I've read. It reminded me of the original books, with a great story about Brother and Sister Bear and a good lesson contained in the story. My girls enjoyed listening to this story and I loved seeing where the cubs' imagination took them. Mike does a good job of weaving faith into the story. This is a book I'm proud to have on my bookshelf and hope my girls will read it lots.

Legend Of St Nicholas
Legend Of St Nicholas
by Daley Mackall
Price: CDN$ 19.49
32 used & new from CDN$ 6.20

4.0 out of 5 stars A Story of Giving, Nov. 20 2014
This review is from: Legend Of St Nicholas (Hardcover)
Beautiful illustrations and a great story make this a perfect Christmas book, for either a gift or as part of Advent preparations. Daley tells the legend of St. Nicholas through the eyes of Nick, a modern-day boy who is shopping (reluctantly and last-minute) for gifts for his younger brothers. Drawing on legends of St. Nicholas' wealth and generosity, Daley imagines the saint as a young boy traveling the world. The story impacts Nick and shows him changing his views on Christmas at the end of the story. This is a great way to discuss the legends behind our modern-day Santa Claus and what Christmas really means.

I Can Read! Big Idea Books Veggie Tales/Mess Detectives And The Case Of The Lost Temper
by Karen Poth
Price: CDN$ 4.74
29 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun Easy Reader, Sept. 18 2014
This little book was so much fun to read together! My daughters and I are huge VeggieTales fans, so we all enjoyed reading a book about our favourite tomato and cucumber. My oldest is in Grade 1, so this book offered some pages she could read easily and a few words to challenge her (perfect for reading together). I also appreciated the lessons she learned while reading, about working together and losing your temper. Lots to discuss, with cute pictures and Larry's typical understated humour in narrating the story. :)

Veil of Secrets
Veil of Secrets
Price: CDN$ 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Second Novel from Powerhouse Writing Team, Aug. 13 2014
This review is from: Veil of Secrets (Kindle Edition)
VERY GOOD! This is the second book I've read by Shannon Ethridge and Kathryn Mackel, and I think it's even better than their first. :) Especially since most of the plot of this novel was based on an American presidential election, and I'm a very non-political Canadian - but I still found it intriguing and page-turning! Shannon and Kathryn create real, interesting, unique characters who pull you into their story and make you want to keep reading to find out what happens next. I heartily recommend this novel.

Sarah's Choice
Sarah's Choice
by Rebecca St. James
Price: CDN$ 19.99
25 used & new from CDN$ 6.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Excellent Novel by Two Talented Writers, July 21 2014
This review is from: Sarah's Choice (Paperback)
I became a huge fan of Nancy Rue and Rebecca St. James when I read their first novel, The Merciful Scar, so I was very excited to get my hands on this novel. And I wasn't disappointed. Sarah's story grabbed me from the opening lines, even though I had a pretty good idea what the plot would be, and I wanted to get to know her better and find out what happened. Nancy and Rebecca have a gift with words and storytelling, drawing us into the life of someone so that we understand their problem and empathize with them and want them to find a happy ending. I really enjoyed this novel and I highly recommend it.

Hold Tight the Thread
Hold Tight the Thread
by Jane Kirkpatrick
Price: CDN$ 15.15
47 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Novel, June 11 2014
This review is from: Hold Tight the Thread (Paperback)
Jane Kirkpatrick is a writer whom I deeply admire for her ability to bring history alive. This series is one of my favourites, which I've read twice now and would like to read again. Jane writes with deep insight into the people and times, making Marie's story relevant and interesting to readers of today. I loved watching Marie grow and chance through the three books in this series. Hold Tight the Thread is beautiful and touching

Runaway Saint
Runaway Saint
Price: CDN$ 9.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Quirky Characters, Pressing Story, June 11 2014
This review is from: Runaway Saint (Kindle Edition)
From the opening sentence to the last one, I thoroughly enjoyed this novel. Lisa Samson has been one of my favourite authors since I read The Passion of Mary-Margaret, and her newest novel totally fulfilled my expectations. She writes about unique, quirky characters who are still real and interesting and people I'd like to meet. The story presented twists and turns that I didn't expect and when I turned the last page, I wanted to start reading it again, to go on the journey with Sara and Aunt Bell all over again. If you are looking for Christian fiction that reads like literary fiction - fiction that goes beyond the fluff and asks some honest, thought-provoking questions about faith and life while still presenting an interesting, page-turning story - then I recommend Lisa Samson's Runaway Saint.

Blades of Valor: Book Four in the Merlin's Immortals series
Blades of Valor: Book Four in the Merlin's Immortals series
Offered by Random House Canada, Incorp.
Price: CDN$ 8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, Fast-paced Novel about the Druids and Immortals, May 12 2014
Blades of Valor is a fun book that takes readers back to the time of the Middle Ages or Dark Ages. Brouwer’s attention to historical detail was faultless, as usual, and brought England and the Holy Land alive for me, in all its dust and dirt and noise and smell. I appreciated the discussions among the characters about the importance of learning and knowledge (Thomas' books are extremely valuable) and the role of religion and the Church in daily life. I also enjoyed seeing Thomas and Katherine together for most of the book and finding out more about the Immortals and the Druids. Overall, this was a satisfying ending to the series and I really enjoyed it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7