ARRAY(0xb37b2420)

Profile for Doug W. Murray > Reviews

Content by Doug W. Murray

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Doug W. Murray

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
The Winnie-the-Pooh Cookbook
The Winnie-the-Pooh Cookbook
by Virginia Ellison
Price: CDN$ 20.00
43 used & new from CDN$ 2.11

4.0 out of 5 stars For the middle one, March 3 2013
I have been sending my 3 great grand daughters a kid orientated cook book every month or so. I figure it will encourage their interest in food and give them an understanding of it as they grow. Their mother is a great cook and still has the book I send her when she was little. This book seemd more suited to the 3 year old although the recipes are not a problem for anyone.

The Silver Spoon for Children: Favorite Italian Recipes
The Silver Spoon for Children: Favorite Italian Recipes
by Editors of Phaidon Press
Price: CDN$ 15.64
30 used & new from CDN$ 15.64

4.0 out of 5 stars For the Kids, March 3 2013
I like the way this book is set up. A little too advanced for my 3 great grand daughters at this time (well maybe not the oldest, who is coming on 7) but a good addition to the collection. I started building a cook book series for them (send one every month or so) as their mom thinks it does work in opening up the culinary world to them. With her very good cooking skills and teaching patience these kids have a better chance at becomming interested in good food when it is supported by an excellent book like this arriving every month or so.

Sesame Street "C" is for Cooking
Sesame Street "C" is for Cooking
by Susan McQuillan
Edition: Hardcover-spiral
Price: CDN$ 15.85
48 used & new from CDN$ 2.44

4.0 out of 5 stars For the Great Grand Daughters, March 3 2013
Although aimed at small children the recipes are pretty complex and I wonder if my 3 year old daughter knows who Mark Bittman is. But the book fits into my attempt at developing a series of books to give my 3 great grand daughters a good start with the what, where, how and when of cooking. It worked for their mom (she is a great cook) so I hope it works for them.

Madame Benoit's lamb cook book
Madame Benoit's lamb cook book
by Jehane Benoit
13 used & new from CDN$ 5.18

5.0 out of 5 stars For Madame Benoit, March 3 2013
Whenever you take a drink you have to thank the person who dug the well. This take on the Chinese Proverb fits well with Madame Benoit. I have used her books for years both at home and at work. They are well worth the purchase.

Market Days
Market Days
by Marti Shohet
16 used & new from CDN$ 1.04

5.0 out of 5 stars The teaching of Cooking, March 3 2013
This review is from: Market Days (Paperback)
I am developing a series of cooking related books for me great grand kids. This fits in well. My grand daughter reads it to them and then uses it and other books to make things. They get cultural understanding and great ideas. This book fit in well.

Lucky Peach Issue 4
Lucky Peach Issue 4
by David Chang
Price: CDN$ 10.79
43 used & new from CDN$ 6.19

4.0 out of 5 stars Peach 4, Dec 16 2012
This review is from: Lucky Peach Issue 4 (Paperback)
Some rambling but on the whole I always enjoy reading these. I have always enjoyed Bourdain's rants and am getting to know other contributors to the magazine. I guess I wonder what these people take before they get to writing.

SanDisk Cruzer Fit 32 GB USB Flash Drive, SDCZ33-032G-B35
SanDisk Cruzer Fit 32 GB USB Flash Drive, SDCZ33-032G-B35
Price: CDN$ 25.72
27 used & new from CDN$ 24.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Memory, Dec 16 2012
The way the memory works is fine. No problems there. But at 64 with failing eyes and slight fear of failure it is so small I'm afraid I'm going to drop it down the heat register. So I do not carry it with me. There is no way of hooking it to a key chain and leaving it in my pockets will guarantee that it will hit the laundry.

Ashore
Ashore
Price: CDN$ 16.64
16 used & new from CDN$ 11.26

5.0 out of 5 stars June, Dec 16 2012
This review is from: Ashore (Audio CD)
Another great that is still great. This is music that mattered. I love it and always will. The seller had it here in the correct time and in good shape.

Lucky Peach Issue 5
Lucky Peach Issue 5
by Peter Meehan
Price: CDN$ 10.79
9 used & new from CDN$ 10.79

4.0 out of 5 stars Peach, Dec 16 2012
This review is from: Lucky Peach Issue 5 (Paperback)
I'm never sure what this is supposed to be but I do enjoy reading most of it. It is like a foodies Playboy without the centerfold.

I have all of them (that I am aware of anyway) and I find them close by as I pick them up now and then.

Anne Briggs
Anne Briggs
Offered by Vanderbilt CA
Price: CDN$ 76.95
4 used & new from CDN$ 71.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Folk, Dec 16 2012
This review is from: Anne Briggs (Audio CD)
I first came across Anne Briggs many years ago when we all wore stripped pants and checked shirts and our hair was a lot longer. I became attached to her then and still am. This is a good recording. The seller got it to me quickly and without any trouble.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11