Profile for Doug W. Murray > Reviews

Content by Doug W. Murray

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Doug W. Murray

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14
In The Charcuterie: The Fatted Calf's Guide to Making Sausage, Salumi, Pates, Roasts, Confits, and Other Meaty Goods
by Taylor Boetticher
Price: CDN$ 28.84
28 used & new from CDN$ 26.57

4.0 out of 5 stars Fatted Calf, Nov. 18 2013
Whenever I get books on Charcuterie I automatically compare them to Polcyn and Rhulman. This stands up well to their book. I like the way it is presented and the instructions are clear and easy to follow. This is a must have for those in the Charcuterie mind set.

D.O.M.: Rediscovering Brazilian Ingredients
D.O.M.: Rediscovering Brazilian Ingredients
by Alex Atala
Price: CDN$ 31.31
41 used & new from CDN$ 29.68

5.0 out of 5 stars Brazil, Nov. 18 2013
I like it. I would recommend it. But it doesn't come cheap and it's not for the amateur. This is a collector piece that can stand up to the best of them including Blumenthal and Adria.

World-Class Swedish Cooking: Artisanal Recipes from One of Stockholm's Most Celebrated Restaurants
by Björn Frantzén
Price: CDN$ 19.52
32 used & new from CDN$ 17.19

4.0 out of 5 stars Swedish, Nov. 18 2013
I have several Scandinavian clients in the Assisted Living I have and this book has been quite useful getting to their roots.

Ivan Ramen: Love, Obsession, and Recipes from Tokyo's Most Unlikely Noodle Joint
by Ivan Orkin
Price: CDN$ 21.91
43 used & new from CDN$ 19.88

4.0 out of 5 stars Noodle, Nov. 18 2013
I wasn't sure whether the story or the recipes are the highlight here. Both are good. I have yet to try the recipes.

Nesco 500 Watt Dehydrator
Nesco 500 Watt Dehydrator
3 used & new from CDN$ 70.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Dehydrator, Nov. 18 2013
This review is from: Nesco 500 Watt Dehydrator
I bought this for my Grand Daughter as she is one of those complete cooks who likes to serve all types of foods to her kids (my great grand kids) knowing what is in the food. So far she has used it for fruit but I know much more is coming. The Nesco is a good solid unit.

Nesco LT-2W Set of 2 Add-A-Tray for FD-60 Dehydrator
Nesco LT-2W Set of 2 Add-A-Tray for FD-60 Dehydrator
Price: CDN$ 14.99
3 used & new from CDN$ 14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Dehydrator, Nov. 18 2013
I use my Nesco all the time and bought the add-a-tray to go with the unit I bought for my Grand Daughter and Great Grand Kids.

The Indian Slow Cooker: 50 Healthy, Easy, Authentic Recipes
The Indian Slow Cooker: 50 Healthy, Easy, Authentic Recipes
by Anupy Singla
Price: CDN$ 15.64
51 used & new from CDN$ 10.72

3.0 out of 5 stars Slow Cooking, Nov. 18 2013
I bought this book with some hesitation because slow cooking Indian food just didn't seem reasonable. The book is nicely done but I am still not convinced that slow cooking and Indian food are a match.

My Kitchen: Casual Cooking at Home
My Kitchen: Casual Cooking at Home
by Pete Evans
Price: CDN$ 44.01
18 used & new from CDN$ 22.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Evans, Nov. 18 2013
This is the second Pete Evans book I have. I'm not sure what cuisine he is featuring as many are highlighted. It is a bit of a hodge podge but well written and the recipes I have tried so far have neen very good.

My Indian Kitchen: Preparing Delicious Indian Meals without Fear or Fuss
My Indian Kitchen: Preparing Delicious Indian Meals without Fear or Fuss
by Hari Nayak
Price: CDN$ 19.75
28 used & new from CDN$ 19.75

4.0 out of 5 stars Indian Kitchen, Nov. 18 2013
I have waited for books from Mr. Nayak to come our way for a long time. Now that I can get them I am very pleased as the books are well written and very useful.

Entice With Spice: Easy Indian Recipes for Busy People
Entice With Spice: Easy Indian Recipes for Busy People
by Shubhra Ramineni
Price: CDN$ 20.65
34 used & new from CDN$ 16.33

5.0 out of 5 stars Spice, Nov. 18 2013
This is a good guide to Indian cooking, one of my favorite cuisines. Too many times I've seen non Indian cooks throw a bunch of that yellow powder (curry powder) on food and call it Indian. This books helps explain that all away. The instructions are clear and Ms Ramineni's recipes are well worth buying this book.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14