Profile for Debbie the book junkie in Ontario > Reviews

Content by Debbie the boo...
Top Reviewer Ranking: 329

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Debbie the book junkie in Ontario "maybaby" (Hamilton, Ontario Canada)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Prepper's Food Storage: 101 Easy Steps to Affordably Stock a Life-Saving Supply of Food
by Julie Languille
Price: CDN$ 10.47
30 used & new from CDN$ 4.53

3.0 out of 5 stars All this info is easily available online for free, July 5 2014
Really...if you're reading this, you're online. All this info is easily available online for free. There is nothing new or innovative between the covers here.
The information is good, basic and the book is very reasonably priced. It's still good value for money because 3-4 hours it would cost you in time to print, collate and organize into a binder which you've paid for ...well...you don't get that time back and the price of this book compensates for that.
I'd be happy to buy it as a gift for someone new to the idea of food storage...it's a decent enough introduction.

First Book of Modern Lace Knitting (Dover Knitting, Crochet, Tatting, Lace)
First Book of Modern Lace Knitting (Dover Knitting, Crochet, Tatting, Lace)
Price: CDN$ 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, June 18 2014
I've owned this book for a number of years (17 years?)....yes, it is a bit antiquated but it was originally published when there were no real compendiums of lace knitting available and when there was only simple publishing methods available.
It is very straight forward and an ambitious beginner should have no problem as Kinzel's instructions are very precise and easy to follow.
I've been lace knitting for 20 years...I think this book is worth every penny you pay for it as is it's companion book.

Progressive International Rotary Grater
Progressive International Rotary Grater
Price: CDN$ 11.99
2 used & new from CDN$ 11.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well for the price., May 7 2014
Works well for the price. I used it to slice through 5 lbs of local garlic for dehydrating for winter cooking. Worked like a charm but I just wish it was a tad more sturdily built.

The Cornbread Gospels
The Cornbread Gospels
by Crescent Dragonwagon
Price: CDN$ 15.12
42 used & new from CDN$ 0.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, May 7 2014
This review is from: The Cornbread Gospels (Paperback)
I was using this book without a cast iron skillet as I had a pan the right weight, shape and size to substitute. Wonderful recipes. Luckily my husband was able to rescue and recondition two cast iron skillets and now the recipes turn out even better.

Sleepers, Awake
Sleepers, Awake
by Eden Barber
Price: CDN$ 12.01
12 used & new from CDN$ 12.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Imaginative, May 7 2014
This review is from: Sleepers, Awake (Paperback)
Quite a unique story. I couldn't put it down once I started it. It's quite different from books in this genre.

Wall Mount & Adjustable TV Clip - Kinect Camera/PlayStation Eye - Standard Edition
Price: CDN$ 12.88
15 used & new from CDN$ 12.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it., May 7 2014
Works well with our flat screen TV. Clipped on easily and appears to be durable enough.Have had no problems with it at all in the months since we installed it.

California Exotics Love Vibes, Big Boy Lover, 9"
California Exotics Love Vibes, Big Boy Lover, 9"
Price: CDN$ 25.61
4 used & new from CDN$ 25.61

3.0 out of 5 stars Adequate, May 7 2014
The vibrations feel very muted at all intensities with this vibe. It's ok but nothing special for me. It will get used but I found it nothing spectacular.

Baby Foot Easy Pack Original Deep Skin Exfoliation for Feet 2.4-Ounce, 70ml, 0.5-Pounds
Offered by Freedom Hill
Price: CDN$ 26.00
8 used & new from CDN$ 25.75

4.0 out of 5 stars smooth feet, May 7 2014
I have MS and because of specific symptoms and balance issues I go barefoot most of the time. I have very heavily calloused feet and develop "Velcro" like roughness on my heels. This product worked very well for me and worked as described. No itching, no irritation, smells nice and made my poor feet lovely and smooth. I still have heavy callouses but now they're smooth and don't catch on socks/stockings when I have to wear them. I can see myself using this 2-3 times a year. Love it!

Death Wish Coffee, The World's Strongest Whole Bean Coffee, Fair Trade and Organically Grown, 16 Ounce Bag
Offered by Death Wish Coffee Company
Price: CDN$ 25.99
3 used & new from CDN$ 25.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Husband LOVES it!, May 7 2014
Bought this for my husband for his birthday as he's a coffee nut. This is wonderful...the flavour is lush, it makes excellent French press coffee as well as making a most excellent "espresso" in my husband's mocha pot. We will be buying more.

Stash Tea Herbal Tea Sampler, Variety Pack of Six Flavors, 18-Count Tea Bags (Pack of 6)
Price: CDN$ 19.37
4 used & new from CDN$ 19.37

5.0 out of 5 stars Yum!, May 7 2014
Very happy with the product. Good mix of flavours. I am particularly fond of the Licorice Spice flavour in the sampler. I've been very happy with the flavours and Stash tea is a superior quality product line.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3