ARRAY(0xb3e106d8)

Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer
Top Reviewer Ranking: 711

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Amazon Customer "maybaby" (Hamilton, Ontario Canada)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2
Penotti 02911 Cookinotti, 400 Gram
Penotti 02911 Cookinotti, 400 Gram
Price: CDN$ 10.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, April 7 2014
Costco used to carry this last year...then it disappeared....now I've found it again!!!!! Excellent flavour....we put it on toast, we sandwich it between plain cookies, it's excellent on raisin bread or plain slightly sweet crackers. We even warm it up and put dobs of it on or mix into plain vanilla ice cream. It is not unknown in our house to just grab a spoonful right out of the jar when we just want a little bit of something sweet.

Stash Tea 8 Flavor Traditional Sampler Gift Set, 80-Count Foil Wrapped Tea Bags (Pack of 6)
Price: CDN$ 26.94
4 used & new from CDN$ 26.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Long time Stash Tea lover, Dec 16 2013
These came on time and the "best before date" is a LONG time out. Nice and fresh for gift giving. My mom is confined to a wheel char in a nursing home due to a stroke and it's difficult to buy for her...she loves tea and can take what ever tea she wishes to the dining room for meals so this should add some variety to her meals.

Vicious Circle
Vicious Circle
by Mike Carey
Price: CDN$ 10.79
30 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the first book..., May 8 2013
This review is from: Vicious Circle (Paperback)
which was an excellent read! I'm on the third in the series now and it is not disappointing me at all!
Quality writing, excellent pace, engaging characters, good twists!

Progressive International GPC-4000 Fruit and Vegetable Chopper
Progressive International GPC-4000 Fruit and Vegetable Chopper
8 used & new from CDN$ 41.86

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy, dandy, worth the price!, March 27 2013
I bought this after viewing it being used multiple times by a youtube poster I subscribe too. I saw it put through it's paces and through some heavy workouts and I was impressed and ordered one. I've had this several weeks now and it's seen some fairly heavy use and I'm still impressed with it's durability. I'm even considering buying it for gifts. I have a dehydrator that I use often and I used this to buzz through 6 lbs of mushrooms quickly and efficiently making uniform sliced mushrooms for even drying. I've also used it to cube apples for baking and vegetables for use in the crockpot as uniform pieces work better and cook more evenly. I have even used it to chop walnut halves for baking. I like my high end kitchen gadgets and am willing to pay for the quality. Don't be put off by the price of this ...it's very durable if you use it properly and the cleaning tool makes clean up very easy.

The Storm Gourmet: A Guide to Creating Extraordinary Meals Without Electricity
The Storm Gourmet: A Guide to Creating Extraordinary Meals Without Electricity
by Daphne Nikolopoulos
31 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Easily adaptable for winter storm weather, Aug. 15 2012
I'm in Ontario,Canada and need to consider both winter storms, hydro outages and severe thunderstorms.So many good recipes in this book! One reviewer from amazon.com said "who has tamarind paste?"...well...I do! It keeps for ages. Many of these recipes are easily adaptable from the original.
Need citrus juice for a Storm Gourmet recipe...open a lunch box juice box, a bottle of lemon/lime juice.
You can buy powdered instant coconut milk for your emergency pantry and use as needed in place of opening a can.
Lots of substitutions available in your average grocery store if you use common sense.
Keep some candied or powdered ginger to use in place of fresh...just use some common sense and the majority of these recipes you can use if you stock your emergency pantry to accommodate them.

Fitness Without Exercise: The Scientifically Proven Strategy for Achieving Maximum Health With Minimum Effort
by Bryant A. Stamford
29 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Common sense approach to a healty fit life that works, July 16 2012
I bought this book when it first came out many years ago. I've somehow lost my copy and need to replace it.
This works...we've become a society where we use machines for everything and that affects our fitness as a whole.
The strategies in this book work. By doing the heavy work that needs doing in our lives we benefit by way of fitness. Example; Why have a gardener/lawn service/neighbour kid take care of your yard...you do it, get exercise and stay fit. This book is worth every penny.

Breville Conical Burr Grinder BCG450XL
Breville Conical Burr Grinder BCG450XL
Price: CDN$ 98.00
7 used & new from CDN$ 89.06

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Grinder, March 31 2012
I bought this for Xmas 2011 for my very fussy, coffee snob husband. We are both very pleased the with grind settings and find it works well for all grinds of coffee. The problem we had with other grinders was that the fine grind didn't go fine enough or evenly fine enough for espresso but have been very, very, happy with the Breville for espresso (my husband will by those massive bags of quality beans for making espresso and French Press so the machine sees a lot of action). I couldn't recommend this machine more highly for it's price point. The only way you'll get a better grinder is to shell out a couple hundred dollars more and even then I don't see that much of a difference between them to warrant the extra $$$.
***November 20, 2012 ...we have had this almost a year and we still love it. It's still grinding exactly how it's supposed to.

Preparedness Principles: The Complete Personal Preparedness Resource Guide for Any Emergency Situation
by Barbara Salsbury
11 used & new from CDN$ 44.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Start here...., Feb. 18 2012
I've had a number of preparedness books out of the library...they didn't have this one so I took a chance based on the reviews of others'. If you are on a budget this is the book I would recommend the most out of all that I've read. A really solid start to being ready for emergencies whether man made or weather related.

Sandman Slim
Sandman Slim
by Richard Kadrey
25 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Not your run of the mill "urban fiction", Jan. 11 2012
This review is from: Sandman Slim (Paperback)
I've become such a jaded reader over the past 5 years. I can't tell you how many books by well reviewed authors I've given up on. This book was fast paced, irreverent, bold and had a fresh plot that moved at break neck speed. Never a dull moment! It's an amazing romp! Many nights while reading it, I found myself falling asleep with it because I couldn't put it down, wanting to read just "one more page" before settling in to sleep.

La Cuisine: Everyday French Home Cooking
La Cuisine: Everyday French Home Cooking
by Francoise Bernard
Price: CDN$ 31.31
37 used & new from CDN$ 20.66

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best beginner books for French Cuisine, Dec 30 2010
This book rates as high with me as Julia Child's books do.
Truly a book for daily family menus without complicated recipe instructions or hard to find ingredients.
If you are just starting out cooking or are new to French Cuisine, I believe this book is an excellent primer.
The many of the recipes are very economical and with a little planning you can be very frugal and incorporate your leftovers into other recipes in the book.

Page: 1 | 2