Profile for jacquelineh@revere.ca - Jacqueline Hochhausen > Reviews

Content by jacquelineh@re...

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

jacquelineh@revere.ca - Jacqueline Hochhausen (Calgary, Alberta, Canada)

Six Pillars of Self-Esteem
Six Pillars of Self-Esteem
by Nathaniel Branden
Price: CDN$ 17.33
51 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars This book boosted me up one big step on my personal journey, Aug. 24 1999
I originally began reading Nathaniel Branden's books about 4 or 5 years ago. I began doing sentence completion every weekday morning to start off my day over a year ago. I cannot begin to express how deeply indebted I feel to Branden for providing a format for people to work on their self-development on their own and at their own pace. Thanks to Branden's books (among others), I have become so much more aware of myself, what has been holding me back from achieving, how we all look for excuses and chances to be the victim. For your own sake, please read his books, but more importantly, do the sentence completion exercises on a regular basis. And hopefully you will meet and become acquainted with one of the most fascinating people in the world - yourself. Enjoy!

How to Get Control of Your Time and Your Life
How to Get Control of Your Time and Your Life
by Alan Lakein
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
28 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolute best book on time management, Jan. 29 1999
The only drawback of this wonderful book is that Lakein doesn't consider the special problems of the 2 career family. This book was definitely written in the time period where men didn't have to come home and do the dishes and women stayed at home and raised the kids. He gives great tips for overcoming procrastination (my personal problem), but he leaves out one very good technique which Barbara Sher gives a solution to in her book "Wishcraft" - to actually schedule your avoidance behaviours. If you are going to indulge in playing on the net, emailing jokes, watching TV, reading the paper, cleaning, instead of digging into the work you should be doing, you may as well make being allowed to engage in that behaviour your reward for finishing the job you set out to do.