Profile for S. K. Leggate > Reviews

Content by S. K. Leggate

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

S. K. Leggate "Sunni" (Fernley, NV United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14
Hard to Kill
Hard to Kill
6 used & new from CDN$ 0.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Hardly one of his best, Feb. 5 2003
This review is from: Hard to Kill (VHS Tape)
As a huge Steven Segal fan I find this review hard to write. This was a poorly done movie. Albeit it is possible, it is so unlikely that a person in a comma for 7 years will come out of it to begin with. It is even more unlikely that someone in a comma for 7 years will be able to mourne the death of his wife and the loss of his son in a matter of days and start a new romance with a new woman while trying to save his own life from those who tried to kill him in the first place. Granted that 7 years have passed, but to one in a comma for 7 years it wouldn't feel like 7 years, or probably 7 days for that matter.
I was so dissapointed in the story. The acting was ok, but you could tell Mr. Segal's heart was not in this film.

Under Siege 2 Dark Territory
Under Siege 2 Dark Territory
7 used & new from CDN$ 3.48

5.0 out of 5 stars What's Next? A Plane?, Feb. 5 2003
First a ship, then a train, and I now await the plane. With any luck I will get my wish because this film was just as good as the first. I t doesn't have the patriotic appeal of the first, but all the other aspects are their.
A group of terrorists led by a disgruntled ex-CIA operative hijack a train and take control of a covert space satellite. By holding the passengers hostage, and threatening to use the weapons on the satellite the hijackers attempt to blackmail the Pentagon into paying a huge ransom.
Of course, they weren't expecting Casey Rybeck (Segal)...

Terminator 2 [Import]
Terminator 2 [Import]
3 used & new from CDN$ 4.16

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! Is There a Spot in the History Books for Film?, Feb. 5 2003
This review is from: Terminator 2 [Import] (VHS Tape)
The special effects in this movie were better than the last, and the returning cast did a spectacullar job yet again. This film is action-packed just as the first was, and even has room for a few tears for those of us who are criers. There will not be a disapointed viewer.

The Matrix
The Matrix
Offered by WonderBook-USA
Price: CDN$ 9.98
13 used & new from CDN$ 2.78

4.0 out of 5 stars Is Style or Story More Important, Feb. 5 2003
This review is from: The Matrix (VHS Tape)
I forced myself to put a 4 star rating on this film. This film has a story line that I had a hard time believing in, and I can't even say that the acting of Keanu Reeves made the film any better. I have never really been impressed with Reeves abilities, but I am less impressed now that ever.
I loved the special effects though. They were spectacullar. I found myself rewinding the action packed scenes for a second go-round. The effets themselves probably could have made up for an actors short-comings, unless of course the acting was of an extrodinarly low caliber, such as was the case with Reeves.
As I said I forced myself to give a 4 star rating. That is because the special effects were wonderful and the other actors and actresses have a fair amount of talent. The story line, although I wasn't convinced it could happen because there were to many open ends, was very orginal. If only it had undergone a little more development...

Face/Off
Face/Off
Offered by Great Deals 4 U
Price: CDN$ 18.88
11 used & new from CDN$ 0.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Strange idea, but well done..., Feb. 5 2003
This review is from: Face/Off (VHS Tape)
This movie is based on a very strange idea, that doesn't seem all that possible, but the writers and actors have showed their skill once again. To watch Travolta and Cage strut their stuff as the pretend to be each other only deepens your admiration of them. They are extremely talanted and to anyone who may not think so, just watch this film. You will not be dissapointed.

48 Hours
48 Hours
Offered by vidsale
Price: CDN$ 17.95
7 used & new from CDN$ 0.55

5.0 out of 5 stars What a Riot!, Feb. 5 2003
This review is from: 48 Hours (VHS Tape)
This is a film that will have you laughing from beginning to end as it transforms that "good cop teams up with a villan" theme. The good cop in this film (Nolte) isn't actually all that good, and the Villan (Murphy) isn't all that bad. It seems they both may just end up in the wrong place at the wrong time often.

Terminator [Import]
Terminator [Import]
4 used & new from CDN$ 27.49

5.0 out of 5 stars A Futuristic Marvel, Feb. 5 2003
This review is from: Terminator [Import] (VHS Tape)
This is a movie that will be watched for many years to come. It is so well done I am not even sure where to start. The movie is hopefully far-fetched, (only time will tell) but the writers and actors have made it believable. This is an action packed film, that keeps you on the edge of our seat.

Under Siege
Under Siege
Offered by thomasvideo
Price: CDN$ 15.00
8 used & new from CDN$ 1.08

5.0 out of 5 stars A Surprise, Feb. 5 2003
This review is from: Under Siege (VHS Tape)
I like Steven Segal even if he isn't found to be one of the most critically acclaimed actors of our time. He does an excellent job in this film, as does Tommy Lee Jones who is also one of my favorites. There are spectacullar shots of an amazing battleship and although the story is a bit far-fetched the writers and the actors have made it believable. There is a lot of ation in this film, and even a fair amount of comedy. This movie will get your patiortic side to show as well.

Beverly Hills Cop
Beverly Hills Cop
Offered by Great Deals 4 U
Price: CDN$ 18.88

4.0 out of 5 stars Likeable, Feb. 5 2003
This review is from: Beverly Hills Cop (VHS Tape)
I liked this film. I didn't laugh as hard as I expected considering that Eddie Murphy was the leading character, but I can deal with that. This is probably the most serious role I have seen Eddie Murphy in. That doesn't mean that I didn't laugh. There was still quite a bit of comic releif, just not what I expected.

Ransom
Ransom
10 used & new from CDN$ 1.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Not Perfect, but Close, Feb. 5 2003
This review is from: Ransom (VHS Tape)
This film was a little too typical for my tastes. The characters follow too many of the same motions as have already been carried out in many other movies by many other characters. There wasn't much originality. That doesn't mean that this wasn't a good film. The cast is filled with strong actors, and they really make theis film work.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14