Profile for Esther > Reviews

Content by Esther

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Esther (Burtonsville, MD United States)

Baby Book, The
Baby Book, The
by William & Martha Sears
107 used & new from CDN$ 2.02

5.0 out of 5 stars My son and I LOVE this book..., April 28 2004
This review is from: Baby Book, The (Paperback)
I have read and re-read this book many, many times. So many actually that my son has ripped out several pages which are now stuck back in :) His interest in what I am doing is too cute to stifle...even if it means some ripped pages.
I especially appreciate Dr. Sears' strategy when it comes to illness (which is pretty scary the first time and honestly even the second and third time!). He has a comforting and reasurring way of explaining common medical problems (fever, vomitting, colds...) and tells you 'when to worry' and more importantly 'when not to worry' as well as GREAT self-help home care tips. You'll save yourself and your child many pointless trips to the doctor (trust me.) And if you do need to see your doctor, you'll know why and when and how to best inform your doctor.
Additionally, he touches upon almost all of the concerns (baby-care basics, infant development, starting solids, sleep, toilet training...) that we have as parents without giving you any set way of action...he leaves that up to you!
Overall, he has a great style of writing that leaves you, the reader and parent, feeling you have a great (second) pediatrician.