Profile for ----john J. Butera > Reviews

Content by ----john J. Butera

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

----john J. Butera (WOODLAND PARK, CO USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
He Touched Me: The Gospel Music of Elvis Presley
He Touched Me: The Gospel Music of Elvis Presley
DVD ~ Elvis Presley
4 used & new from CDN$ 14.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful and emotional unique look at the King., May 30 2004
I have always loved Elvis' Gospel music. This DVD shows an indepth look into the Spiritual life of Elvis and his love and longing to love the Lord. I found the interviews to be very inspiring and hopeful for Elvis' salvation. One interview with one of the Sweet Inspirations tells of Elvis and praying and laying hands for healing on one of the girls because she had an tumor which she was healed of.
Any fan of E who wants to know the deepest workings of the man must have this DVD to understand him and trials. One book quotes his aunt believing Elvis did all his drugs because of the guilt of his life style. With that said remember these things Elvis died reading Insearch of the Face of Jesus and the King of Rock and Roll won 3 Grammies ALL for GOSPEL music!!! GOD bless you all JB

Greatest Hits 1970-2002
Greatest Hits 1970-2002
Price: CDN$ 20.43
33 used & new from CDN$ 8.83

5.0 out of 5 stars Great CD for the non die hard fan, May 15 2004
This review is from: Greatest Hits 1970-2002 (Audio CD)
This CD is great especially for me who has really enjoyed EJ through the many years of his incredible career but never has been fanatical about him. I have gained great admoration for EJ since buying this CD for the great depth of his work over the 4 decades his career continues to span. Since the latest American Idol I have gained more respect for his talent, why? Well, when you hear someone else sing his songs you realize just how good he is.
I highly recommend this CD so buy it you'll be glad you did. JB

Just Come In
Just Come In
Offered by Vanderbilt CA
Price: CDN$ 31.95
4 used & new from CDN$ 8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy This CD and be blessed, May 15 2004
This review is from: Just Come In (Audio CD)
I have come to really love this CD. I fits perfectly well with my practice and my patients have come to greatly enjoy it also. Margaret can bring to life the words of these songs because her love of the LORD and her passion to declare it come through so strongly. The songs are very much like love letters, living epistles,and really grow on you.
To get a deeper critique of this CD please read the other reviews I just wanted to vioce my whole hearted support for you to buy this CD and be blessed. JB

Destined for the Throne, rev. ed.
Destined for the Throne, rev. ed.
by Paul E. Billheimer
39 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Intense study of who we are in Christ., May 15 2004
I am greatly impressed with this author and his insight into the word of GOD. I feel this is an extremely important book for the Body of Christ. The author through voluminous scripture and passion writes of the necessity of the Bride of Christ to take up the mantel given to us by JESUS to be JESUS on earth. The author paints an incredible picture of the Father waiting for the Church to take the authority she rightly has to Ask so as to be given and to put the Devil to flight.
This book may have one flaw and that might be(I say this because I do not know the authors mindset) and that is Christ suffering in Hell and suffering spiritual death. With this said it is not the salient of the book. The other points and underlying theme of the book are undoubtably Truth and need to be heeded by the Bride of Christ if we are to make an impact on this world for JESUS. Much more can be said of this book but BUY it should suffice. GOD bless and be blessed. JB

Judaism's Strange Gods
Judaism's Strange Gods
by Michael A. Hoffman
14 used & new from CDN$ 11.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating expose of a religion I thought I knew., April 4 2004
This review is from: Judaism's Strange Gods (Paperback)
This book is a fascinating expose of a religion I thought i knew. Like most I have asked since reading this book, I thought Judiasm was Old Testament based but could never understand how without sacrifices,a temple and priests how this could be done.Well, Hoffman explains in highly documented,resourced and footnoted detail how Judaism has nothing to do with Moses and the Prophets and all to do with the Talmud and the Kabbala. In the exploration of both I was totally amazed but began to understand why peace will never come to the Middle East until Jesus returns. The Talmud is the backbone(as described by Hoffman, I have not read it)of the racist views of Zionism. The quotes that Hoffman sites are horribly racist and supremist in thought and obvious in deed to those followers. How can there ever be peace in a land where spiritual leaders on both sides see each other as subhuman and worthy of death?
The Talmud also takes credit for killing Jesus. I fact I wish I had known in the recent diatribes of the Passion being anti-Semitic. Since the Talmud IS the source of Judaism it should have been on the minds of most scholarly Rabbis that were brought on to debate the issue. Besides taking credit for Jesus' death it also denagrates the Saviour and His mother viciously.
I could go on about the Kabbala and Black Magic and other mind blowing facts but I wont. Let me say that Hoffman has written an incredible source of modern day Judaism thought and tradition that is a must read. I must say after reading this book the Scriptures became incredibly clear as what Jesus was up against in the religious leaders of His time. They had nothing to do with Moses and the Prophets and all to do with the traditions of men(Talmud) that made the Word of GOD null and void. Now I understand why Jesus stood up to the Pharisees so vehemently and never backed down.
Please read and make your own decision.

24: Season Two
24: Season Two
DVD ~ Kiefer Sutherland
Offered by The Digital Vault
Price: CDN$ 57.77
23 used & new from CDN$ 7.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Nothing better can be found on the Big or Small screen, Sept. 14 2003
This review is from: 24: Season Two (DVD)
Just finished the whole 24 series last night at 5 AM. As usual this is the most gripping and exciting show certainly on TV but i have found nothing in the theatres to compare. We have been so impressed with this series that once started we can't stop watching.
I am so impressed with the writers and the concept of a real-time show; an hour on the show is an hour in the life of these remarkable characters. What minds!!Every and any award most be afforded this incredible ensemble cast.
Finally, this season had many twists and unexpected turn of events that keeps one on the edge of your seat and not knowing what to expect. Sit tight for the cinematic ride of your life!!!

Junior (Widescreen) (Bilingual)
Junior (Widescreen) (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Arnold Schwarzenegger
Price: CDN$ 7.93
25 used & new from CDN$ 7.93

4.0 out of 5 stars Funny Yet A Powerful Message, July 20 2003
This is personally one of my favorite Arnie movies. It is funny, Arnie does a great acting job and it is very powerful in its message of the sanctity of life. I remember many scenes from this movie and really enjoyed the progression of Arnie's pregnancy both physically and emotionally. All cast members do a great job.
I highly recommend this movie. Even though its been several years since i have seen it i can recall so many scenes. I especially remember the scene when Arnie decides to continue the pregnancy after learning he was pregnant-very subtle but powerful.Check it out--- you'll be back

Worship Together
Worship Together
Price: CDN$ 25.95
17 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best of the Best Praise GOD, June 15 2003
This review is from: Worship Together (Audio CD)
I have never been impressed with most Christian music. I saw the ads for this CD on TV and liked what i heard and ordered it. Well it is EXCELLENT.It is loaded with the best songs of worship by the best artists.I was so excited by this CD and listen to it all the time i decided to get some other popular collections. They pale in comparison to this one. I cannot recommend it enough and everyone in my office that does listen to it agrees it is excellent. I dare say the BEST of Christian Worship that is being offered today.
Get this CD you will not be disappointed and you will be in HIS presence with worship any time you want. GOD bless jb

The Facade
The Facade
by Michael S. Heiser
13 used & new from CDN$ 29.05

4.0 out of 5 stars Mind twisting and opening page burner, Jan. 22 2003
This review is from: The Facade (Paperback)
I read several reviews before i bought this book and they are telling the truth. It is well researched and a fascinating read. I do not recall reading a 500 plus page book this fast. It has great characters and a twisting plot that will keep you guessing till the last page.
To the ET believers i recommend this book especially. To widen your perspectives and open your mind to a whole new approach to the old problem of lights in the sky and little green men. The author well documents his evidence for his belief of what this whole mystery is about. I highly recommend this book.

This Is Who I Am
This Is Who I Am
Offered by Vanderbilt CA
Price: CDN$ 22.95
14 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars The More I Hear It The More I Like It, Dec 29 2002
This review is from: This Is Who I Am (Audio CD)
I intially got this CD when I heard To Ever Live Without Me! An extremely truthful and powerful song. The truth of this song brings tears to my eyes every time i really think of the reality of it. It also sounds like nothing else on Christian radio which is my biggest beef with most Christian music. This one song is a 5/5.
Cut 6 is also unique and a great song also powerful. Cut 7 is kind of a hip Gospel tune which is good. Cut 10 is also a quite tune and prayerful I liked that alot. 8 is like a rap tune-need i say more?!
Cut 1 is interesting in that the more i hear it the more i like the message and it really grows on me.
This is a great CD and i really am blessed by it. BUY IT and REJOICE in the TRUTH.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3